C25K Beginners Challenge - Join Now!!!

Options

Replies

• Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have been really really meaning to do this. SO any encouragement I can get I am in! How do I log my progress for the group? Any songs everyone LOVES to work out to?
    -Erin

I have the app on my phone so I just put my phones music on shuffle. so far its worked great for me since I have some stand up bits on there as well and it distracts me from the task.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Started C25K tonight! Finally!! I have been wanting to do it at home because i didn't really want to do it at the gym, self concious I guess. Anyway, I just did it and was glad that I actually did it all. woohoo!
  • yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday and didn't know this post was available. Can I join in? I do day 2 of week 1 tomorrow! Thanks!
  • sarahsedaii
    sarahsedaii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just started today, I only did 10 seconds because I am so very out of shape. I can't wait thoug. I am so excited about it.
  • getskinnyk8
    Options
    Just finished Week 1, Day 3. I didn't stretch beforehand and my ankles hurt as soon as they hit the pavement! I might do the Week 1 routine a few more times before starting week 2...I'm still completely dying by the end, although I can complete it.

How far are you guys going during Week 1? I have Nike+ in the background to keep track of my distance in that half hour.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    With the 5 minute warm up and cool down included, I am doing 2 miles. My jogging is slow and my walking is probably not as 'brisk' as it should be.
  • vaugkimb2346
    Options
    I am in. I have been trying to do C25K for several weeks now. Got to week 5 and then went back to week 4. I am on day 3 of week 4. For each of the week 4 days I have completed week 4 and then also completed week 1 with it just for extra walk/jog time. Week 1 is easy now compared to when I started, hopefully it will get easier!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Completed C25K Week One Day 1 on Monday.
    Walked & did Tae Bo DVD on Tues.
    Completed C25K Week One Day 2 this morning ( Wed. ).
    Feel good and like I still have more left.
    That is a good sign since I still have my whole day ahead of me.
    My 13 yo daughter is doing it with me b/c she likes to exercise with me.
    We talk a lot so we have to keep our breathing under control.
    Will walk on Thurs.
    Will do C25K - Day 3 ( Fri. ).

Looking forward to C25K Week 2 ...:bigsmile:

Keep pushing forward....
  • mrsmorganray
    Options
    I am actually starting this today! I found the program on Sunday and I thought it would be awesome!!!!
  • youuluvashh
    youuluvashh Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 last night and OMG.... I never thought i would be able to run like that!! I actually enjoyed it and felt good about my self after!!! 8 weeks and 2 days to go :)
  • chizcomeundone
    chizcomeundone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Tried out Day 1 on Saturday and thought it was great. Glad to have you all as an accountability group. Can't wait to be running free in no time! Well, in 9 weeks :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim. I've tried the C25K before and was a week 5 dropout. I (attempt) to run outside with my crazy car chasing border collie, Jack.

W2D1 completed....34:08 minutes total and 252 cals burned...my path is about 3 miles so my time should get better and better, right?
  • gaby0324
    gaby0324 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! :flowerforyou:
    I started it on monday and today was my second day.
    Very sore but happy that I'm finally doing it!
    Good luck everyone!!!!:smile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    8 weeks and 2 days to go :)

Nope!!! It's for life :flowerforyou:
  • SheriKatieLynn
    SheriKatieLynn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Did week one, day two last night. Probably should not have worked out on Tuesday, I was so sore last night! :) How is everyone else doing? I think I will do day three on Saturday. So glad we are having some beautiful weather here! Hope it doesn't get too cold by the end of November.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I started last night!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    D'oh! Didn't realize there was more than one page to this thread and wondered where everyone else's posts were! But now I've found it here is my update:

W1D1 - Sunday. Very trepidatious about starting the program, so much so that I put it off for a week, which is when I spotted Fit4travels forum post. I needn't have worried, it was great! Nice to know I can still run, even if it was for only 8 minutes interspersed with walking! The only thing that was tough is that C25K isn't in the exercise database, so I had to put the bits into my diary separately! Worried about accompanying my sister-in-law on my bike that evening (she's in training for a half marathon next week) but I needn't have - no problem doing the miles, and no ill effects the day after.

W1D2 - Tuesday. Again, I managed fine, especially knowing that I could now do it. The only slight problem was that my quads felt a bit tight. Posted that fact to my friends list, and they told me to make sure I'd stretched (nope, idiot), taken on a bit of water (yep), and that I had the correct shoes (I think they're OK, and they'll have to be as I can't afford a hundred quid for a new pair right now - maybe at the end when I know I'll continue running and can justify it!) Noticed this evening as there's a nice section of stretches on my C25K iPhone app, which will come in very handy.

W1D3 - This morning, and glad to do it as I was champing at the bit after not being able to exercise at all yesterday (bit under the weather). I absolutely-flippin'-loved-it! Today was the first day I didn't look at the phone to see how long I had to go to the next walk/run, I just focused on the middle distance and the time flew by. Was even quite disappointed when it was over, though of course I stopped as I don't want to ruin my chances of finishing the 9 weeks by rushing things. Walked into town as my cool down, and found a pair of jeans for only five quid in Oxfam (been looking every day as I have to replace everything I've now grown too thin for.)

Looking forward very much to next week, though again with some trepidation as it steps up slightly.

Later...

p.s. If I haven't befriended you yet (as I missed pages 2 through 4 of this thread) I apologise. If you'd like to befriend me, I'd like that very much.
  • fit4travels
    Options
    HI EVERYONE - THERE IS A NEW THREAD FOR WEEK 2. TYPE IN: C25K week 2 - YOU SHOULD FIND IT! HOPE YOU ALL GOT ON WELL!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    C25K Week 1 Day 3 is DONE!! I brought my 9 y/o daughter w/ me today and I think she helped push me .. we reached home with 2 minutes to spare and normally I hit the drive way right as my 5 min cool down finishes!
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We kicked week one's rear :smile: I finished day 3 this morning with a friend of mine who is now hooked also. I felt so good when I got home it was amazing. Congrats to everyone who showed week one who is boss!!!:happy: