HCG Diet

Options

Replies

• KathyInBC
    KathyInBC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To the person worried about man boobs. I was just trying to show how my body has lost fat in the right places and not just the curvy bits that should be curvy. I am not lactating and my breasts aren't swollen. My arms and thighs have lost fat like crazy but my breasts have reduced proportionately to my waist.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs over 2 rounds of HCG and have kept it off. I'm continuing my weight loss following my wife's pregnancy using straight clean eating and portion control tactics I learned through the HCG diet.

For those of you that say that HCG does not make you lose weight, you are correct. It is the 500-calorie diet that makes you lose weight. What the HCG does is prevent your body from using muscle tissue as sustenance replacement. Your body feeds the remaining calories needed from fat alone.

FiveFatCats and I were on the protocol at the same time and used each other for support and have had good results.

However, like every weight-loss regimen, it is NOT for everyone. Some people cannot stick to protocol and don't lose weight. Others don't learn anything from the protocol and go back to eating fast food after their weight loss. Those people are NOT indicative of a fault in the weight-loss method.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs over 2 rounds of HCG and have kept it off. I'm continuing my weight loss following my wife's pregnancy using straight clean eating and portion control tactics I learned through the HCG diet.

For those of you that say that HCG does not make you lose weight, you are correct. It is the 500-calorie diet that makes you lose weight. What the HCG does is prevent your body from using muscle tissue as sustenance replacement. Your body feeds the remaining calories needed from fat alone.

But everyone I saw on this diet lost almost or more lean mass than fat, so obviously the HCG portion of the program is faulty if you still lose muscle while it is supposed to stop that. Plus it is a pregnancy hormone, no idea why a man would ever want to take it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

FiveFatCats and I were on the protocol at the same time and used each other for support and have had good results.

However, like every weight-loss regimen, it is NOT for everyone. Some people cannot stick to protocol and don't lose weight. Others don't learn anything from the protocol and go back to eating fast food after their weight loss. Those people are NOT indicative of a fault in the weight-loss method.

FiveFatCats lost 15.4 lbs of lean muscle mass of that 28 lbs of weight loss. So over 50% of her weight loss was Lean Body Mass loss. So how does HCG prevent muscle loss?
  • rob1976
    Options
    If she wasn't lifting weights during her protocol, of course she'd lose lean muscle mass. This isn't an indication that her body was using it for sustenance.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If she wasn't lifting weights during her protocol, of course she'd lose lean muscle mass. This isn't an indication that her body was using it for sustenance.

While on HCG they tell you not to exercise due to the low caloric intake.
  • rob1976
    Options
    Actually, the protocol says that, if non-rigorous exercise (such as walking or light jogging) is part of your normal daily routine, you may continue it as long as you up your caloric intake to replace the calories burned during the workout.

I feel this heating, so I will bow out. I've said my peace. Take from it what you will.
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Bad news. My husband was hoping to kick-start his weight loss with the HCG plan...500 calories a day plus the shots. Of course, you'll lose weight at 500 calories a day....He stayed on it for the first phase (28 days, I think), and when he went in for his annual physical for work, was told that he now has metabolic syndrome - something he did not have during last year's physical.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I love love love love the HGC!!!!

ffbnv4.jpg
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    wtf is up with old threads being brought back to life lately?
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Most likely trolls... We should have a name for those that bring old threads back to life. Brolls... Bumping Trolls.. Bumpkins.... hmmm... I must think on this!
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Most likely trolls... We should have a name for those that bring old threads back to life. Brolls... Bumping Trolls.. Bumpkins.... hmmm... I must think on this!

I am not complaining....I LOVE these threads. Let me just grab some popcorn, sit back and watch the fireworks :smile:
  • psuLemon
    Options

I believe it was my fault. I provided this to another HCG thread to demonstrate that HCG is bad as it kills muscle mass and someone probably saw the other thread and bumped this. It won't matter as it will be locked soon.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Actually, the protocol says that, if non-rigorous exercise (such as walking or light jogging) is part of your normal daily routine, you may continue it as long as you up your caloric intake to replace the calories burned during the workout.

I feel this heating, so I will bow out. I've said my peace. Take from it what you will.

Instead of bowing out, if you can provide your weight and body fat measurements during your progress, you can demonstrate that you didn't lose lean body mass.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Instead of bowing out, if you can provide your weight and body fat measurements during your progress, you can demonstrate that you didn't lose lean body mass.

This ^^^
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    haven't done any scientific research but i have seen many, many, many fat pregnant women.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    This is one of the hated topics on these forums so most people are bias about it. Honestly I'm willing to give it a shot once I'm able to afford it. It's not different then the other diets out there...and no healthy diet and exercise doesn't work for everyone.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    ...and no healthy diet and exercise doesn't work for everyone.

The only time I would agree with this is if a hormonal issues is involved because I have designed over 200+ plans for people and only 1 person didn't lose weight or cut body fat. And the one person was post menopausal and rocking PCOS and weigh in a healthy weight.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    This is one of the hated topics on these forums so most people are bias about it. Honestly I'm willing to give it a shot once I'm able to afford it. It's not different then the other diets out there...and no healthy diet and exercise doesn't work for everyone.

If healthy diet and exercise doesn't work for you then HCG won't work for you either. In the end it's still about the same principal of X amount of calories in vs X amount of calories burnt. HCG is just a lower sudden shock version but in the end it's working via the same principals. So if reg. diet and exercise doesn't work for you then HCG won't.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif
    This made me LOL.
This discussion has been closed.