What Are Your "Strange" Eating Habits

Options
1235»

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    When eating a sit-down, knife-and-fork pizza meal, I'll leave the crust in a perfect ring and eat the middle.
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm not a very good adult because I don't do hot drinks - tea, coffee... gross. I have a couple of friends who know me well and won't even try to offer me a hot drink when I go around, one friend even just pulls a can of Pepsi Max out of the fridge on my arrival :D

Sometimes, to be an adult and fit in at a cafe or something, I -might- order a hot chocolate.. but it has to be a really cold day for that.

I do this too.. I only drink Iced coffee but my water has to be room temputure.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I don't refrigerate left over pizza. Even if it has meat. And I'll eat it at room temp DAYS later.

I have to separate m&'s by color, even though they all taste the same. But I mix my kitties when I rarely eat them.

I put Mrs. dash on my cottage cheese.

Pickle and peanut butter on crackers. Seriously, it's delicious.
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat one thing at a time, usually in a clockwise motion around the plate. I don't mind if it touches another food slightly, but I definitely finish one item before I move on to another one. I will not put two foods in the same bite on my fork/spoon.
    I have to have the same number of bites on each side of my mouth, and I will count in my head and make sure the number of chews is an even number. Bites also must be the same size throughout the meal.
    I cannot stand the sight/smell/taste of bloody meat. If I order a steak or a burger, it has to be well done on the verge of burnt before I will consider eating it. And yes, I will cut it in half as soon as it comes to me to make sure there is no pink in the middle.
    If I eat eggs, they also have to be completely cooked, nothing runny.
    I LOVE burnt popcorn. The more buttery, the better.
    When eating a round food on a plate, I cut around the food clockwise and eat the edges first, then continue in a clockwise motion eating toward the middle. I don't do this with non-plated foods, like burgers or doughnuts.
    Bananas cannot be green or yellow. I like them brown, almost rotten.
    I don't like tomato slices on sandwiches, but will pull them off and eat them separately before eating the sandwich.
    I eat multicolored candy by color, in order of preference, saving the best for last.
    When eating Reese's peanut butter cups, I will nibble the ripple edges of the chocolate off, then peel off the rest of the chocolate and eat it, then eat the peanut butter center. Sometimes I'll save the pb centers and roll them all together in a ball to eat after first eating all the chocolate. There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's, right?
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My food CAN NOT under ANY circumstances touch each other. Hubby jokes that there are invisible little dividers in my plate and the food can't cross it.

I do this too. If we eat out I get so upset if my food comes out running together and touching. It completely grosses me out. I actually have plates with individual sections for all my food at home...very similar to a child's plate lol!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't eat breakfast but eat late night, until I lay my head on the pillow to sleep. I eat lite all day because I know I will eat at night. Always have. Just make better choices now.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I like bologna sandwiches - plain, white bread (yah, ghastly, but it's the only time I'll eat it) with two slices of bologna, a bit of mustard, and POTATO CHIPS. IN the sandwich. Just lay 'em on and crush 'em down a bit - nummy crunch! (although I haven't eaten one of those in a long time - too much fat and too many calories!)

I also like cream cheese/potato chip sandwiches, preferably on that round, white, 'party sandwich' bread :)

I don't like the milk in the bottom of my cereal bowl, either.
    Or the milk in the glass after you dip Oreos or Graham Crackers.
    Milk with floaty things in it is gross!

I have to have toast with my oatmeal. Oatmeal (with brown sugar - lots of it) and a piece of toast are perfect together. I think it's the salty goodness of the buttery toast after the sweet numminess of the oatmeal. A bite of one follows a bite of the other!

And I MUST have something chocolatey after I eat eggs. Just a little something..............
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat chips, or flavored crackers.. anything like that.. I always lick the flavor off first.. then I eat the chip/cracker. My BF thinks I'm nuts LOL

Me Too (and if noone is around, i thrw away the chip)
    on the rare occasion i eat a chiocolate bar like a kit kat or an oh henry, i eat all the layers individually.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    Ahhh, yes....candy in two's - I do this too!
    [/quote]

I also do this with french fries. I match them up by two's that are the same length, if there is an orphan fry left over at the end the dog gets it. Sometimes she gets lucky, sometimes not.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i eat the contents of a burrito then i eat the actual tortilla last.
  • JessicaEPope
    JessicaEPope Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tend to get irrationally upset if my sandwiches are cut into two rectangles rather than two triangles... lol

I also tend to peel off crusts and eat them first, get the boring bit out of the way, and eat my veggies first. not too strange I guess :)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I have so many "strange" eating habits. So I'll just give you one. When I go out to a restaurant, I like to have all my silverware lined up in a row...unless I have a plate in front of me. Its so goofy :grumble: and I will adjust it often to make it perfect :embarassed:
  • CourtneyMolina
    CourtneyMolina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My food CAN NOT under ANY circumstances touch each other. Hubby jokes that there are invisible little dividers in my plate and the food can't cross it.

My Husband used to do this!!! I used to poke fun at him all the time for it; he's not quite that picky anymore :laugh:
  • CourtneyMolina
    CourtneyMolina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tear the ends off of my hot dog buns, I seperate my candy by color (and normally make a pretty picture) then i eat them by 2's most of the time combining colors red and yellow go great togetether! I love everything almost burnt like popcorn and bread it makes it crisper which is my favorite... O and Texas Garlic toast i eat the inside first (with my fork) and save the crispy edges for last

I separate my candy by color too, and I have to have the same number of each color! So if I have a color that has more than the others I will eat those first until i have the same amount of each :tongue:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I eat around the reese cup first and then the middle
    I sometimes will take the oreos apart and try and like scrape some cream off with one side and then eat the other side
    I also sometimes will just pick the pepperoni and cheese off the pizza

Oh! And the rare McDonald's chicken nugget I usually take off the "skin" first and eat it and then the actual nugget!

I am very picky about certain leftovers because some just don't taste the same reheated.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat the edge off all of my burgers and then eat the middle.
    ^this:happy:
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options

i am the same way:)
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I always order extra pickles on all my burgers. However I MUST rearrange them perfectly across the surface of the burger so that I'm assured of a taste of pickle in each bite.

When my wife and I started dating i warned her that I did that. She was cool about it enough to marry me at least. :)
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    When I have candy... specifically M&M's and Skittles (or anything else that has pieces) I arrange them according to color and ALWAYS eat green last.

I thought I was the only one that did this LOL! My kids think I am strange for doing it.