Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - October Challenge!! (One year

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    hey y'all! :drinker: My southern drinking self is coming out...

Short post as always these days as I need to get to bed. I am committed to getting to bed before 12midnight every work-night going forward. It's just way too hard getting up early on so little sleep.

I was totally 100% committed to making today a GREAT day. I went to work thinking positive thoughts, I forced myself to take a lunch break, and I refused to allow any event or conversation at work to affect my mood or stress levels. Yes there were seriously stressful and crisis situations that arose, but I continuously reminded myself that I am only one woman and can only do so much. Everything else will just have to wait! And it worked - my day was good, I left on time instead of being bullied into staying late, and I got home and went out for a run.

My run went well for the first 3.5miles or so but I am definitely finding it hard to run in excess of that lately. Then around mile 3 I started having GI issues resulting from a very heavy afternoon meal. Ended up walking home the last 1.25miles or so. Ah well - still a great burn. Ended up just having a protein shake for dinner and a big snack later at night once my stomach had calmed down. Que sera :wink:

Guam - Welcome back darling :flowerforyou: Happy to have you! Catch up when you can or just start from scratch! You haven't missed too much my dear. Just glad to have you back. Your presence on the board has always been such a pleasure and you have so much good to add. I am really hoping to see you back here posting regularly soon :heart: Missed you!

Megan - Thanks for the encouragement and support :flowerforyou: I know I need to make the effort every day to take time for me and to stop letting my work and boss get to me. It's just a struggle. I have a really strong work ethic and it's so hard to leave work on my desk and take a lunch, or leave my desk at the end of the day, but I know that if I don't draw the line somewhere I'll end up wasting my whole life working and stressing and not enjoying the rest of it. So not worth it. Especially not for THIS job! Hope things at your workplace are staying as stress-free as possible and that you are able to stave off any illness. What exactly do you do?

Abby - You should definitely be happy if you have a job that makes you feel good and fulfilled every day! You are one of the lucky ones :bigsmile: Happy to hear your stomach issues are resolved too. Woot woot. Enjoy your rest day and kick some *kitten* tomorrow!

Amy - Thanks for the sympathy! Terrible bosses are the worst and I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with one too. My saving grace is that she's OFF tomorrow - Wonderful news for my Friday! Sounds like we both need to start looking for a new job :grumble:

OK I better get to bed. I am looking at SW flights to the Georgia Warrior Dash right now and getting SO distracted... 23 minutes to midnight! Eep!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meag - glad your upbeat attitude worked for you!! I truely believe that you can mostly control how you feel any given day if you set your mind to feeling positive!!! And sorry you had some GI issues in your run.....I know it sucks!!

AFM - my rest day was much needed...woke up this am and weighed in at 144.7......down 0.9lbs and down 2.1lbs from my last weeks random weight gain!! Very happy with that...and it put me officially at the 10lb weight loss mark!! May not end up getting to 140 this month like I hoped but I know its a slow journey for me....trying not to let the scale get to me! Today will be a run day for my, doing about 3 miles today and maybe if I feel good afterwards even sneaking in a p90x workout since I am off work today and have the time!!!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!!!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. It's been a very trying week. I feeling like I keep saying that week after week...maybe because this year seems to have sucked more than any other year I can imagine. *deep sigh*

I sort of fell off the wagon...fitness and diet both have gone to hell. It's about to get a whole lot worse with the upcoming out-of-country trip my husband is taking...leaving me home...alone...for 10 days. :frown:

I hope everyone else is doing well...I haven't had a chance to catch up on posts...but happy MFPing to all of you!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    meag- Great job on the possitive attitude at work! sometimes it can be so hard, but you did it !!!

abby- yay! Days off from work are the best, and you certainly deserve it! Good job on your 10lb weight loss thus far :)

imarunner- We all fall down once or twice, but remember you have a room full of girls always waiting for you, when you are ready to come back!

AFM: I am officially typing on my new computer!!!! What a difference it makes going from an iphone screen to a 17.5" computer screen lol today I didn't hop back on the eating healthy wagon as I had hoped, but I suprised myself. I was going to splurge and get a slice of pizza and a coke with some friends and I actually could only eat 1/2 the slice (bare in mind this was a very large slice) and I took a few sips of my coke and...I wanted water. So had my cake and ate it too all in all! Also found out I made a 101 on my Theater Technology mid-term yyaayyyyyy!!!!! Such a relief, and my face has been looking a lot healthier and soft, since I have been using this new Mary Kay stuff, my roomie started selling it! Right now I am still working on my confiedence and telling myself I am worth it, I can do it, I am strong etc even on the days like today where I had pizza...

Busy week-end ahead as normal, so might not get to post till late sunday or maybe even not till tuesday but hoping everyone has a great weekend! Keep up all the hard work :)
  • meagalayne
    Options
    **ECHOOOO**

Where is everybody? Ok so I admit, I've been totally MIA. The weekends seem to really just escape me and lately work has just been nuts. I usually have just enough time to log my food/exercise and respond to my Pals on my wall, pushing my activity here to the back burner. Hoping I'll have some quiet time later on to post responses to all of you beauties :bigsmile:

For now, I'm going to just be selfish. Ran a 6.19 mile road-trail-road yesterday and my pace was awesome. It was a stellar run. Really proud of myself, actually. Friday and Sunday I did my own self-directed "spin class". Just hopped onto the bikes at the Y and pushed pushed pushed. Warm-up, then several climbing and speed work sets, and cooldown. Usually around 35 mins is more than enough, especially with how fatigued my legs were today from yesterday's run. Tomorrow is a rest day as Tyler and I are heading to NY State for the day. We've got a vacation day booked and hoping to just loiter around Buffalo and enjoy the city, shop when we want, eat some good food, and do some much needed urban exploring. I love it so much but rarely have the time.

Hope you ladies are having an amazing Sunday :flowerforyou: I've got some cleaning and errands to do, and later I'll be trying my hand at a Moroccan Lamb Stew (altered from a beef recipe I have)... I'll let you know how it goes!

Now get back here and start posting :tongue:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Alright... I'm back for a few minutes!

Dinner turned out well. Looked something like this:
    IMAG0066.jpg
    Not too shabby for something thrown together without much of a recipe to guide me...

Meg - Welcome back and congrats on the new computer ! :bigsmile: I don't know where I'd be without mine. Must be such a relief! Sounds like you are doing an excellent job staying healthy and on track. Way to go, girl! :drinker:

ima - If you're getting off track, get back here and make yourself accountable! being invisible has *never* worked for weight loss. Make a point to log in every day and set goals for yourself. Post them here or on your profile and stick to them. Sometimes it's hard work motivating yourself but if you know people are watching, it's a little easier to stay on track. Don't let the hubby being away become a convenient excuse. Healthy living is something we have to chose to do every single day.

Abby - How was the trail run today girl? And I hope you're still feeling good about the weight loss. You are such a rockstar. Amazing job, as usual.

OK Well I better make myself scarce. Long day of chores today and still some laundry to do before heading out. Hope you have a great Monday ladies. Tyler and I are heading out for a vacation day to the States tomorrow. Hoping we can make it a semi-healthy one with lots of walking, good choices (bringing lots of snacks) and some measured indulgences too...

Rocktober is still on - Kick your a$$es in gear ladies! :drinker:
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

This is the longest I've been gone from MFP logging food and exercise daily but haven't had the chance to go on the computer and REALLY log. But I promise I will log daily this week and stay strong through out the month!

Meag Your recipe looks delicious! yummy!! Have fun in NY let us know how it goes...

AFM I had a great weekend went to an 80's Halloween Party yesterday and the funny thing is I already had everything I needed in my closet will post a pic later :wink: I have been running a bit less but did do a 5k walk yesterday in support of Michelle Obamas Lets Move campaign whom my best friends non-profit company sponsored and did a bit of volunteering at the Health Fair and won some tickets to Great America which is pretty much like Six Flags, also ran 1.75 miles yesterday had a short 3 mile walk this AM but it was nice getting out there and breathe the fresh air. Do have a run planned after work at a trail next to the lake with a co-worker and will keep on weight training as well as cardio climbing this week. Finally broke this plateau again, it seems I weigh the same for 3-4 weeks then drop a pound 3rd time it's happened in the past couple months. Really trying to eat veggies daily and fruits daily and slowly but surely eat more natural home cooked meals!! Hope you ladies had a great weekend and until tomorrow Good night!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey ladies!

just wanted to check in really fast. so remember how i gained last week? well it was definitely water retention from TOM cuz i'm down 2.8lbs this week. woo hoo! that keeps me pretty much on track for my mini-goals. i'm hoping to lose another 4 or so pounds by halloween, but i'll be happy with 2 or 3 with the way that i've been losing. i have 8lbs until i reach that 50lb loss mark. i'm hoping to get there by mid november or at least before thanksgiving. i definitely think it's doable. i'm excited! :)

hope everyone is doing great!

meag- i definitely agree its time for us to start looking for somewhere else to work. i've been putting it off lately because i have a vacation/other random things planned within the next month, so i plan on going gung-ho on searching probably around the first week of december. hopefully we can both be in a new place by the new year! :)
  • abby459
    Options
    Meg - Congrats on the new computer, I know it sucks to have to shell out the money for it, but I love getting new toys!! Hope you are enjoying it!!

Meag - that stew looks awesome!!! I have never eaten lamb (not sure if I even like it) but it looks sooo good!!! Maybe I will try that with beef or chicken first, then move up to trying lamb!! Hope you enjoy your day in NY...I always love going up there!!

greenhumanclay - that 80s halloween party sounds awesome, I would love to see some pics!! And great job on the running and walking!! I know its hard switching to home-cooking more, I struggle with that too....been trying and I try to only let myself eat out once a week!!

AFM - My trail run yesterday went awesome!! I ran 7.14 miles (only walked 5 mins of it) which is pretty good for me!! Did it in 71mins!!! Which is 10min-mile average, very happy with that esp since there was some walking in the mix!! Loving the trail this time of year, they are sooo pretty with all of the leaves changing colors, I havent even been putting my iPod on lately, just been enjoying the outdoors!!! And I am doing OK on the weight loss journey, still with very slow progress, only down 1lb so far this month, but trying hard to be OK with it. Still figuring out my calorie goals and where the right balance is for me......its hard bc I am only 5'1" and currently 144lbs.....MFP and almost every calculator tells me I should only be at 1200cals...but its too low for me so I upped it to 1350 (prob about 3-4wks ago) and that has been better, and I eat most of my work out cals. But maybe thats why the loss is slow??
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Late night check-in!

Abby I think losing weight slowly is still great Im 5 flat and have recently lost on average about .75-1 lb per week or every 10 days or so, slow loss but better than nothing. Great job running that longer distance and in a nice pace! Glad you didn't feel sick or anything! As far as your calories 1200-1350 seems accurate in my opinion, I tried zig zagging after being stuck at 139, 139 and 133 and if done correctly it definitely works well @ least for me, if your interested google freedieting.com under daily calorie needs or just search zig zag calculator check it out! My profile pic is the only one I've uploaded going to add you since we haven't added each other yet!! :) Thanks I actually ran more today and feel awesome and yes home cooking is more difficult but I'm trying little by little to make more meals from scratch!! I think I need to limit my eating out to once per week rather than twice!! Good idea! :happy:

Amy Awesome loss I bet you feel amazing and damn that water weight! Losing more than a lb per week can be challenging but you can do it just focus on what your eating and keep exercising if you don't meet your goal don't be disappointed as long as you make the best choices and stay active, let us know how you do, I my self would like to be 8 lbs lighter but will shoot for about 3-4 lbs and that would still be awesome!! Good luck and stay motivated! :smile:

AFM I ate healthy overall had a rough day at work but went jogging after with a co-worker next to the lake and that was by far the best scenery with streams, birds, flowers and 90% of the run was shaded which was great since it was about 85-90 degrees a little warm but stuck with it!! Also nice that the trail has mile markers!! Officially signed up for the Turkey Trot next month planning on completing a 10K super stoked! Working out early in the am with the pops and a short jog with my BF after work jus a couple miles to join her! Weighed in and lost another lb!!! YAY :tongue: I'm a shortie so I still want to lose 10-15 lbs! Super happy that I broke this "plateau" or whatever it is! Feel super tired and didn't make dinner since it's 10:45 pm I think Im going to make a PB sandwich with some fruit on the side feel spent for sure! Until tomorrow ladies make tomorrow great!! Good night!:bigsmile:
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Amy Awesome loss I bet you feel amazing and damn that water weight! Losing more than a lb per week can be challenging but you can do it just focus on what your eating and keep exercising if you don't meet your goal don't be disappointed as long as you make the best choices and stay active, let us know how you do, I my self would like to be 8 lbs lighter but will shoot for about 3-4 lbs and that would still be awesome!! Good luck and stay motivated! :smile:

thanks girl! and great job to you for breaking your plateau! i know how hard it is to bust- i was up and down the same 10lbs for like 6 months! but i haven't given up and now i'm seeing results again. feels really good!

speaking of which, i did my measurements last night and i lost 7 1/2 inches in the past month! how exciting is that? i lost an inch and a half from both my waist and my hips (yay!), an inch/inch and a half from each thigh (yay) and an inch and a half from my chest (boo lol). it's great to see that i'm not only losing lbs but i'm also toning up. i'm glad all this working out is making a difference! :)
  • travelerkate
    travelerkate Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for a group to join, and I would love it if I can come on board this one!

A little about me, travelerkate, is that I am nearly 25 (next week!) and got married last month. I was never a fitness/health person, but never exactly overweight. Just not in shape or toned. Since high school I've put on about 10 pounds, but on a 5'5" frame, I can definitely see it. I've always hated my thighs, but never did anything to fix it, and now I have a few more "trouble" areas.

I joined MFP just before my wedding and it really gave me the push to lose a few pounds and I could feel the difference in my body, I was tighter and I actually had stamina when working out. For almost two months, though, I have stopped caring about what I eat or going to the gym. I have been struggling to fit in workouts with the move and my new schedule of newlywed-hood. And I have definitely added back what I lost, and my body feels softer.

I want to feel sexy for the first time, not obsess over my cellulite or my hips, thighs and saggy butt. I am just looking for a whole cleanup of myself. Even though I was always smaller, I never felt great about my body, and I'm just sick of it. It's about time I take control and get positive :)

So...sorry for making that a huge background, it was really more just me reminding myself why I am here!

My goals for the month: drink LOTS more water (I have gone days without any), incorporate more fruits and veggies, and hit the gym at least 3 times a week

Oh, also, I'm gluten free, so if there are any other celiacs out there, I'm always looking for new ways to cook GF.
  • abby459
    Options
    Amy - Congrats!!! that is amazing loss!!!!

Cynthia - thanks, glad to hear that someone has dealt with the same thing too!! It frustrasting when everyone else seems to lose over a lb every week, I already hit a 5-wk plateau once since starting. I may try zig-zagging, I just get soo scared to up my calories any!!! But I will do some research and read about it!! And thanks for the add...I forget to add people!!! And eating out once a week is hard...esp if you are still trying to have a social life!! But I try, some weeks it's 2 times...but I try for just one!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm still here ladies, just super busy and haven't had time to respond. Keep up the great work!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Abby - WOW! That sounds like an awesome run! I love hiking in the trails, it's so nice to get out of the daily grind of seeing houses/cars/shops, and just to connect to nature for a bit, only focus on you, and not about getting hit by a lunatic not watching the road.

Amy - 7 inches! DANG! That's amazing! And as with everyone else always says, health and weight loss isn't just about the physical weight on the scale. And your 7 inches shows that. We all know muscles weigh more than fat, so I like focusing on the measurements as a better way to judge fat loss. PLUS I'd recommend getting a body-fat indicator measurement. I know the gym at my school will do it for free, but I don't think they are too expensive. I wish I owned one for like a bi-weekly comparison!

Meag - I feel like you have the worst of luck with your jobs. You are an amazing person and you don't need that craziness in your life. Oh I know what a pain in the tush job hunting is, but it never hurts to keep your options open. Plus working yourself to death is not a great pre-curser to exercise. How can you really push yourself if just keeping at a normal energy is hard enough. And make sure you do give yourself some time off to relax, your body will appreciate it. Also, how was NY?

AFM - I really suck at keeping updated on this thread, but it seems like this month is really slower than it usually is, which is easier for me to catch up :tongue: I pretty much took the summer off from tracking. I still worked out as much as I could, but I was on the move for a while and living at my boyfriends for almost a month and I can't really work out there. But in other news. I'm back to tracking everything and working out about 4x a week. I need to start including weight training again and not just cardio. But I'm just super frustrated with my body. I was really good about tracking for a few months and no matter what I did.. raising calories/lowering calories/changing type of workout.. it never seemed to make a difference. :sad: PLUS having a scale that is off by 10lbs doesn't help. Based on family history and my own recent enlightenment about my body I'm almost positive I am borderline hypothyroid .. in the genetic case it's called Hashimoto's.

All these symptoms I just thought were genetic stuff and some other random problems I've realized are all connected to the condition. I have an endocrinologist appt in 2 weeks, which of course is only a consultation appt so actually testing might take forever. But I'm more just going through the motions of working out / counting calories because I know nothing makes a difference. I just really hope I can either get on medication for this / find out how to get my body working. But who knows if they'll even diagnose me, but if they don't, my motivation to track my food is really dwindling :brokenheart: Also, my boyfriend is moving in Halloween weekend :bigsmile: which I am so pumped for, but it's going to be a whole new world combing our eating habits and finding time to workout knowing I can actually be spending time with him.

I know that was wicked long, but seeing as though this is my first post of the month :blushing: I had some catching up to do. LOL
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Amy thanks and good job on the 71/2 inches lost, thats great and a better measure of losing than a number on the scale so great job!! :smile:

Abby The zig zag has you balanced at the end of the week with calories it's just some days you go over and some days you don't it tricks your metabolism and so far it has worked!! But I get the frustration part I was stuck on a plateau for a month and I started to hate the damn scale but give it try it sounds ironic that you can go over your calories and still manage to lose weight win/win if you ask me lol! Thanks for the add! I forget also!

Meg Welcome back lol let us know how your doing when you get the chance!! :happy:

Kate? Welcome Ill add you to the list!! Meag started this challenge as you can see but I'll add ya! :wink:

AFM I had a good day @ work not to stressful, did do some hill/stair climbing the same one I do by my house this AM and weight training as well! I had a jog planned with my BF in the evening but cancelled since I'm on 4 hours of sleep or so and I did get a workout in plus she was going to meet a couple other girls so she wasn't alone and was okay with that! I REALLY NEED SLEEP plan on it tonight for sure, I do have a jog planned at 6:30 tomorrow morning with another friend! Have been consuming my goal for h20 and working out very consistent, my partner bought me a battery so the HRM should be on point! FINALLY... I weighed myself this morning for another challenge I'm a part of and lost another lb. from last week so that is AWESOME! 48 lbs total but 42 with MFP! Feel that my goal is now very tangible but has been taking quite a bit longer since I tend to lose slower which is totally fine because it's still a loss and I know getting closer to your weight can be a bit more challenging! Hope all you ladies have a great night and a happy hump day!! :bigsmile:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    abby459- see 140lbs on the scale, finish 5K race without walking and under 30mins, aim to run 5miles without walking
    meagalayne- drink more water than I did in September, continue to increase core strength, trail run and spin each at least once a week, and take a proper lunch break at work twice a week (ie: don't kill yourself working 9 hours straight)
    Lalonmeg (meghan)- start back with the c25k program! Keep eating breakfast or at least pack something to go, cut back on the coffee intake. Try and wake up at similar time even days I don't open for work to keep a normal sleep schedule
    Imarunner8908- Workout 2-3 days a week, continue tracking, WATER WATER WATER!
    Leela30 - get back to the measurements I had in April - losing an inch almost everywhere
    Mkingraham- keep up the 15k training program, stretch for ten minutes every evening, reprioritize strength training
    stephabee- get into the lower 130s, start run the running group 2 a week, track food and exercise
    miss_amy- lose 7-8lbs (or at least 5-6), log food every day & work out 5 days a week for at least 45 mins to an hour
    HelloKayla- make it to 130, drink at least 64 ounces of water each day, and work out at least 5 days a week!
    theperfectratio-155 on the scale, drop 1-2 inches around the waist, run 3 miles w/o stopping. Eat CLEAN.
    jyopchick - follow my bootcamp program all the way through the 8 weeks, continue to work out at least 6 days a week, with as many DOUBLE "LCWs" (last chance workouts) as i can squeeze, and a 4lb weight loss by the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay-Workout 5-6xs/per week with 4-5 of those workouts including running, increase my running distance to 7 miles non-stop, 2 5k's, consume more h20, and lose 3-5lbs and continue zig-zagging.
    Traverlerkate drink LOTS more water, incorporate more fruits and veggies, and hit the gym at least 3 times a week
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies - Well I said I'd be in bed by 10pm and it's now 10:09 - I'm in bed, but definitely NOT sleeping. So again, this is going to be quick!

So glad to see things picking up here and folks posting. I love this group and it makes me pine for the early months when I see days going by and no one having the time/energy//motivation to post. I know I am a #1 culprit and offender most days. But I know that it's totally a snowball effect and once we start posting regularly, get invested, and the thread starts moving again, things will pick up :bigsmile: Let's try to keep the momentum ladies!

Cynthia - Thanks for adding Kate to the list! It's nice to know you've got my back, girl :wink: sounds like a good thing that you cancelled the jog tonight. It's tough to run when you are working on so little sleep... I know from experience. Ran 5k this morning on about 5 hours and I was feeling it by mid-afternoon...Looks like you are doing great with your goals for the month! Keep at it :drinker:

Leela - you are SO right. I need to start looking again... Just have to make it a priority. Right now working out and just getting life stuff done seems to occupy all my spare time and energy, so it's hard to think about devoting so much time and effort to finding a new job. I know it'll pay in dividends if I am finally happy with what I'm doing but it's just tough to find the motivation. I can hardly find the motivation to run any more and I absolutely LOVE running... If that tells ya anything! NY was great - Thanks! We stopped into a lot of great little local shops and cafes, Ty picked up a unicycle for cheap, and I managed to sneak a few tours around organic co-ops and even a Penzey's spices (which we don't have and is AMAZING). Had some great cheat food too while I was there. No complaints! :bigsmile:

Sounds like you have a LOT of life changes going on which demand some flexibility and giving yourself a break. It's good that you are getting back into a routine of logging but I know it can be very hard when it feels like there isn't any pay off. I think maybe you need to just consider being healthy and eating well as a pay-off in and of itself and find reasons to log, workout and exercise that are not tied to weight loss if you aren't seeing results on the scale. I know how frustrating it can be and I hope that you're able to sort out the source of the issue soon. You work so hard and you deserve to see the results that you're aiming for.

Abby - Months and months ago on this thread (past challenge thread) I posted my weekly weight loss journey from beginning on MFP at 146lbs to my maintenance over 3 or 4 months... Just to illustrate how much fluctuation I saw. Nearly every 3-4 weeks I saw a gain on the scale and would regularly get so discouraged. And then many weeks I saw no loss at all and would feel like I was getting no where. It's only once we're able to look back and see the long term progress that it's much easier to recognize how far we've come and that while our weight loss might not always been amazing (or linear) it's happening and we just have to roll with the punches. I'm glad to see that you are able to keep things together and keep some perspective with your losses as you near your goal weight. There's so much more to this journey than the scale!

Whatever you do - don't be afraid to eat. Heavens I struggled with fear of food and then fear of carbs for a long long time when I finally was nearing maintenance and it took months to get my head back on straight. Food is not to be feared - healthy nutritious fuel is necessary to keep your body in good working order and you need a lot of it if you're going to make demands on it like running on a trail for 7miles! :tongue: Think of food as the gas in your car and enjoy every bite of it! It's nourishing your body and in many ways it nourishes your soul - food brings us together and helps us share in our lives with one another. Fearing it as intensely as I once did (and still do some days) takes away all of that good stuff and makes you a cranky, lonely, cat-lady. So don't do it! :laugh: End PSA

Kate - Welcome! :flowerforyou: This group is fabulous and all the ladies here are incredibly supportive. Their journeys are inspiring and hopefully we can all serve as motivation for you to keep at your goals and hit your targets for the month of October. Hope to see more posts from you in the future :happy:

Alright - Definitely need to get to sleep! All's good in my world apart from work and time and energy and all that jazz. Going to work hard at taking a deep breath tomorrow any time I feel overwhelmed. If I can do that, I'd say its been a good day.

And this week I'm already 1/2 way to my "take 2 lunch breaks a week" goal - Took one today and it was fabulous! :bigsmile: Go me!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Amy- 7 1/2 inches !? You go girl!!!

Travlerkate- welcome back!!

Leela- sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Both sides of women (including myself, recently diagnosed) have hypothyroidism! I know it can take such a toll on everything, and I hope you start feeling better soon! Congrats on the bf moving in, that will be really exciting and maybe take up a couples class at the gym or something, that way you are still together but getting to workout!

Cynthia- sometimes sleep is the most important! You seem really on top of your workout however, great job!

Meag- I just love how dedicated you are on here! And what great advice not to fear food, even now I have days where I fear to eat but like you said it something we all need!! How has work been? Better I hope?

AFM: currently at work and it is so sllooowwww!!! Possibly going to the world series this weekend with the fam (go rangers !!). I have to go back to the neurosurgeon today though because my top lip has little feeling in it and the muscles keep contracting. The best way to describe it is if you eye twitches...but different lol idk so yeah a little nervous at what they will do, I am sure another MRI will be necessary and not looking forward to that at all, but I would hate for there to be nerve damage that I didn't get checked out soon enough ! Eatting has gotten better again, had my cheat...week...last week but hopped right back on Monday. We are starting a biggest losers at work Monday so naturally my competative side comes out lol. I dont really want to post my weight though...my manager has a way of back handedly complimenting you through an insult and I can only imagine what she would say if she knew my actual weight : / so we will see. Tata for now!! Have a great Wednesday and kick some butt!!

QOTD: how did you kick butt today ? Could be anything from a good workout to finally hanging up that picture !
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Meag - A unicycle? Really? I'd probably fall on my face the second I tried to get on it! That's awesome! And I love your 2 lunch break goal. We're supposed to eat.. every 4 hours hours, so one as a lunch and one as a mental/snack break is a great way to take a couple of seconds to refuel.

Meg? - Rangers fan, huh? where are you from? I'm from LI, NY but living in OH right now for school. lol. That lip twitching sounds terribly annoying I hope it isn't caused by nerve damage! :frown: And I hate hearing about all the terrible managers out there. I'm going for HR, so I'm looking to enter the business world and it just drives me nuts how many poopy people there are "managing" those who know more than them. But that's awesome to have some extra motivation to get in shape!

QOTD: Seeing as though I've only been awake for about 2 hours, and all I've managed to do so far was to get to my 1hr advising shift on campus, I still have a lot of room. BUT there is one thing I can say. I FINALLY took the shuttle bus from my apartment AND I'm going to take a city bus back. The buses here confuse me so much, so that's an accomplishment today. I'm debating if I want to sneak in a jillian michaels tape when I get back. That would still give me about 3 hours free to study for my midterm today :grumble: