• Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    HI EMILY! :flowerforyou:
  • Leela30
    Options
    Hi, Leela! I am studying HR, too! :happy:

WOO! AWESOME! My midterm today is on labor law..so pretty much memorizing the NLRA and all union stuff :frown: . I'm going for my Masters in Labor and Human Resources at The Ohio State University. How about you?!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    Thanks for all the congrats ladies! I'm feeling so motivated now that I know I'm not only getting results on the scale but also from my measurements (which is more important anyway). Definitely feels good. I only have about 5 months until I have to order my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding so it's crunch time!

Speaking of bridesmaid dresses, my friend picked out a really beautiful dress for us to wear, but I'm so nervous I'm gonna look huge in it. The back of the dress is super low and I still have quite a ways to go on my weight loss journey to feel comfortable wearing it. I've been focusing on a lot of weight training/toning exercises and its helping, but it's slow. Hopefully once I try it on I'll feel better! Maybe I'm just paranoid lol. Anyway, here's the dress so you can all see: http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Bridesmaid/Fall/2011/Style-5184

It's definitely a beautiful dress and I'm excited she picked it, but I definitely need to gain some confidence before I rock it! Luckily the wedding isn't until next September. She wants us to order the dresses in March, so I'm trying to lose most of my weight before then, but we'll see what happens. I think I'll order a size or two smaller when I order in March since I know I won't be totally done with losing weight by then & it will keep me motivated to keep going. We'll see though! :)

Hope you're all doing wonderful! Keep kicking *kitten*!
  • Leela30
    Options
    Emily - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know what that's like. My grandmother died of pancreatic cancer before I even graduated HS, and she was only 75. We expected her for at least another 10 years, but I still cry about it sometimes. And then my grandfather passed away the next year, and it was really tough on your family handling all that so hey, sometimes you your career stuff can wait, family is too important. :hugs:. And on a funny note, I remember applying to University of Richmond for undergrad.. golden retrievers right? Hey, on your second BS, that's awesome. School isn't going to go anywhere, so better it wait for you.

Amy: The dress looks really pretty! and you have an ENTIRE year to build that confidence. Just make it your goal to rock that dress and probably be a few sizes smaller!

AFM: I'm obviously procrastinating studying.. I didn't workout today, but I'm ok with that. Maybe I'll sneak in something later if I finish my midterm quick enough
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Emily - Welcome!!! And sorry about your grandmother...I know how hard it is...I lost my mother to breast cancer when she was only 40yrs old (10 yrs ago). Its a terrible thing to go throug....sending good thoughts and prayers to you and you family.

Amy - Love the dress....and I am sure you will have all of the confidence to wear it when its time!! You're doing soo great...just stick with it!!

Leela - Good luck on your midterm!!

Meag - Thanks for all of the advice...I am not really scared of eating, except right before I go running, because of the vomiting issues...still waiting for my appointment with the GI doctor on the 31st. So I dont tend to eat lunch (or not much anyways) some days because I go for a run at 1pm....I try to eat a later bfast (around 10am) and then a banana about an hour before I go....it has helped with the vomiting issue. But, it may not be enough energy for my longer runs days. I am just scared to run of a full stomach. Most days I eat around 1500-1600 cals, which I think is OK for my height/weight. Still finding my balance.

AFM - been doing good with my workouts still....was going to do another trail run today but it pouring and I am not a fan of running in the ran (esp on the trails). So trying to find something else to do today, or maybe a shorter road run and some p90x??
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey gals :bigsmile: Another late night catch-up post... It seems to be the only time I can find to really devote more than a few mins to posting something substantial. Let's see how far I get tonight!

Emily - Welcome! :flowerforyou: Love seeing new faces on the forum and your attitude is fabulous :happy: I hope that you stick with us and help to breathe some new life into the thread. We could use a kick in the *kitten* sometimes, it seems - hehe. Your goals looks GREAT and I'm so pleased to see another workout queen on our boards! There's a lot of variety in this group - soccer players, runners, bootcamp-junkies, turbo-jam afficianados (I'm looking right at you jyop!)... We're all about the fitness here and I must say, we kick some serious *kitten*! I saw a great post today by a Pal-of-a-Pal about "embracing the suck" and it was so uplifting. If you're interested, take a gander: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AZTrailRunner

Abby - Sorry for the unsolicited advice - And glad to hear that I was totally off base! Sounds like you know what you're doing, but I think you are probably right that you should be eating more on bigger exercise days. Can you eat breakfast in two waves - 8am and 10am - and try to eat a bit more? That way you're never running on a full stomach. A banana pre-run works great but I usually try to fuel while I run if I am out for more than an hour. I use gels but they can be pricey and are not for everyone. Even just having some gatorade mixed in with your water should help. Gotta get something in to fuel your muscles if you want them to carry you on those runs!

Leela - A unicycle! Yes! I know ... Silly, but fun! And a crazy good core workout, too :tongue: As for my 2 lunch breaks - I meant 2 breaks in one WEEK, not one day :blushing: I never seem to manage to get even a minute of breaktime at work unless I force myself to step away from the desk, so lunches are a novelty. Trying to force myself for my mental health to clear my head a little and take a break every once in a while. I know I deserve it and I know how much it's needed - Just hard to do when the work never ends!

Meg - Thanks for asking - Work has been, well, workish! Trying to take it one day at a time and very much looking at other options in the future. Extreme World Series jealousy! Oh my oh my - If Gonks or Guam could hear you! You'd be the bell of the ball here. What a fantastic opportunity! Hope you can manage to get out to it :bigsmile: Hope all goes well with the neurosurgeon as well and that things are sorted out soon... Be thinking of you!

AFM - Quick update-y-ness. I'm thinking about taking my last few vacation days to treat myself to a MUCH needed warm-weather last-minute getaway. I have 2 days left to take so I may end up going away for 4 days somewhere all by myself. Possibly New Orleans, or Corpus Christi, or somewhere warm and gulfish. Any suggestions? I'm just going to hop a plane and take off, I think. I've got some money saved from never having the time to do anything good so it's in the cards. I just need to figure out where I want to go that is safe enough to do solo. If you've got any suggestions, lay 'em on me! I'm all ears :happy:

Other than that, just really trying to make it through the week. We've got a huge huge project at work that is due to be finished Fri and tomorrow we're going on a field trip to the fulfillment center to make sure it's all being done according to my plans... Dun dun dun. I expect some major fall-out. Otherwise errands, cooking and eating, and exercising when appropriate. You know the drill.

Have a great Thursday ladies and I'll catch up Saturday when I can ! Much love and all that good stuff :heart:
    Meag
  • abby459
    Options
    Meag - I always LOVE your advice!! And you arent totally off base....I was like that a lot when I first started on here, back when I didnt exercise much either. But now I am too hungry to not eat..haha!!! I might need to try the bfast in 2 waves...I like that idea!! Although it would mean that I cant sleep in late on those days....but I could do it!!

AFM - yesterdays run was a bust....it poured here and I cant run the trails in the rain...too slippery for me!!! So I did a p90x work out instead. I have made the mental decision to sign myself up for a half marathon though!! Just have to find one...trying to one that supports breast cancer!!
  • Leela30
    Options
    Abby - How are you loving p90x. I've always wanted to do it, but my apartment isn't built for silence so I can't be jumping around in here, so I'm contemplating maybe getting it when I find another place to live. And I've heard complaints about the guy's "motivation" style, how a lot of people find him terribly annoying. Whats your take on it? And it's been pouring all down the east coast.. definitely kills the fun on outdoor activities.

Meag - whoops, sorry about the confusion! Where ever you decide to go I hope you have fun!

AFM - midterm went well, tennis class got rained out, but I still have a few chores to do on campus today. Meh. I've still been applying to some PT HR jobs to help with the lack in funds, and am still applying for full-time jobs when I graduate. I hate job hunting as much as the rest of you. But it's a necessary evil. I have soccer practice tonight, so that's always fun..when I'm not sucking lol. So I weighed myself today. IDK why I think that it will ever change. I've been tracking and working out for over 2 weeks straight.. and I dont see any improvements. :sad: I have a $5 off 50 coupon for target so I think I'm going to get an accurate scale this weekend. Anyone have an suggestions on the scales they like?
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

MFP was down yesterday something was wrong with the server and I definitely didn't want to post from my phone, tried that before it's a pain for a long post.

Meag No problem I got your back, glad to hear your trip was awesome, and you got to enjoy that amazing dessert you made, good for you, hoping today is a great day for you I seem to have a lot of "challenging" days at work also, have to stay positive or I feel like punching someone in the face lol only sometimes, but definitely positive thinking has helped me a lot on making my days manageable. Hang in there but I agree looking for a job is time consuming! :happy:

Emily sorry about your grandmother I know how hard that can be and definitely take a toll on you, hope to se you post here and feel free to vent lol.. :smile:

Abby 1/2 marathon that's awesome! Good job on p90x those workouts can be killer especially everyday...There should plenty of breast cancer runs, well I don't know about your area but it's usually a big event all over. I'm doing a breast cancer 5k walk for my mom (2x survivor) next weekend it's nice to walk in memory or in the survival of someone so close to us :flowerforyou:! I'm not doing a 1/2 but I'll work my way up to that by early next year. You can try runningintheusa.com they have several all over the states! Good luck missy! :) btw I like your photos you posted I can see a difference with 10 lbs thats the good thing about us shorties! :wink:

AFM I went for a 5 mile trail run, new trail I started on Monday and I think I will be sticking to at least a couple times a week, wish it was closer but I don't mind a 20 minute drive to be by the lake and a shaded all nature run, it's so soothing with out all the distractions I usually encounter but I also sometimes don't mind! Down side traffic for 45 minutes coming home I need to go another time for sure!

I have been trying to eat better with more fruit and veggies and stay on top of my h20, woke up extra early for the hill/stairs this am quick workout, need to switch it up I enjoy running but I need variety. Might do a short workout if the BF joins if not I call it a day! Well ladies hope you have an awesome Thursday one more day till Friday thankfully!! :bigsmile:
    Cynthia
  • miss_amy
    Options
    Thanks Leela, Abby & Emily for the motivating words! I know with all of your help I'll be much more confident wearing that dress next year! :)

Meag- would you consider going to the west coast for a mini-vaca? san diego is my "i need a break" place. it's warm, beautiful, and the people are super nice and most are very health conscious! lots of great restaurants! i'm going there at the end of november to visit friends. i can't wait! :)

ASM- I have been SOOO motivated this week! I think it's because I had such a great loss last week + my measurements were great. I finally "feel" like I'm losing again. Does anyone else get that feeling, where you just feel like your body is losing weight/inches? I used to feel this way back when I was losing consistantly before I hit my plateau earlier this year. It feels SOOO GOOD to know I'm feeling that again now. I've been focusing on eating a lot more protein than I was before and I think that has really helped jump start my losing again. Definitely gonna keep that up! :)
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies ,

Quick post, done with my workout for the day did 4 miles plus my usual hill climbing! i will be back on here either later this evening or the night or maybe even tomorrow depending how caught up I get! Exchanged my running shoes for another pair that definitely feel better but aren't as cute, function over fashion I guess is all that matters! Hope you ladies have a great Friday and fabulous weekend:bigsmile: Cynthia
  • travelerkate
    travelerkate Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So I'm still confused on how these groups work, but I've done 2 Turbo Kick classes, 1 Zumba, and I'm Zumba-ing again tonight! I've been focusing on making dinner at home, which helps with making good food choices, planning my daily meals, and it's easier on the wallet.

I'm starting to get really down on myself for not having instant gratification- I feel stronger already (I know that's probably just in my head, but I'll take it!), but I just feel my thighs and get discouraged :( Oh well, gotta keep at it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Mine will be full of personal challenges, so I'm hoping I can use good judgment.
  • abby459
    Options
    Leela - I am loving p90x...I dont do it everyday...I made myself a running/p90x hybrid program. So mostly I try to do the strength dvds from it and I run on the cardio dvd days.

Cynthia - They do have breast cancer 5ks in my area but not many 1/2s around me. But I am willing to travel, just trying to find the right one. My mom also had breast cancer (see passed 10yrs ago) so I try to do something that supports it!!

Emily - Glad to hear the surgery went well!!

AFM - yesterday was my rest day....so feeling good today!! Today will be my trail run day, hoping to do at least 5miles out there! Havent been eating too healthy this week...had pizza yesterday and a donut today...not even sure why....and I feel yucky because of it...havent gone over my cals, but not the best choices lately, trying to get back on track though.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Leela- yes a rangers fan ! I am not much for baseball, but my dad loves it, and so does my room-mate so they have slowly gotten me into it lol. I am also looking for a scale, did you get one and which one did you get? You will have to let us know if you like it or not!

amy- that is a beautiful dress and you are going to look lovely in it! And I love it when you can really start to feel your body changing and losing weight! I saw something on pinterest where it was like, it takes 2 weeks for you to notice your body change, 6 weeks for you friends and family to notice, and 12 weeks for everyone else to take notice, I found it interesting, but pretty true! Good job and keep up the good work!

Emily- welome! Sorry to hear about your grandmother, but so glad she had a good surgery ! And wow! She is such an inspiration!

abby- I think I need to try these P90x dvd's, did you order them from the infomercial or can you get them at the store?

Meag- did you decide where you were going to take your vacation? I have never been to New Orleans but I hear its fun, and I am just a hop-skip and a jump away from Corpus!!!!

cynthia- Waking up early for a workout it awesome! Such an accomplishment, I have yet to achieve lol, and yay new shoes!

kate- but if it's in your head...its still real to you! Good job on your zumba classes and eating at home, I know I need to relearn that discipline of not eating out.

ASF: ssoooooo this weekend. (this will be a vent, fair warning) I went and had the CT scan done Friday morning and I won't know anything till Tuesday at the earliest, it takes 48 hrs for the reports to come back. Dropped my iphone and the screen shattered. With insurance it would have been $150 to replace the glass scree, or $170 to get a new phone...or free to activate my old LG Dare...so i reactivated the old phone because I have to money lol, kinda sucks because I can't use my MFP app but oh well, it will make me post more on here!

No formal working out this weekend, but I did dig a 3ft deep by 5 ft wide hole in the ground today and planted a tree :) That must count for something! Eatting is getting better, I need to get back on track.

We start biggest loser challenge at work monday and I am not looking forward to the weigh in :( I know I am the heaviest one there and no one will saying anything....except my boss. I know she will come up with some snide remark, and I will pretend to blow it off, but it will hurt my feelings. I am bloated by all means as well so I know i am like 5lbs heavier than normal just becase of hormones and junk. But anyways, hopefully my AM will be there to keep the manager in check. The AM is about my size which makes me feel a smidge better. But oh well, just more weight for me to lose and beat my manager by :) I am super competative!

I am going to try... I am GOING TO break out the workout DVD's this week for when I need a fast work out at home, but my main goal is to go running a bit, and get back into the swing of exercising.

ta-ta for now, hope everyones having a great weekend!
  • abby459
    Options
    meg- My p90x DVDs were actually my boyfriends....he did the program last year. But I asked him and he ordered them from beachbody.com I love doing them!!! I feel like a stronger person now!! And dont let your boss get to you....remind yourself that you are doing something to change!! And be proud of that, working hard to change yourself is no easy task. I used to work with someone like that too....that would make comments that I needed to but bigger pants because mine were getting too tight!! I would laugh it off, but I know it hurts deep inside. Take it in stride and use it as fuel for your journey!!!

AFM - My run on Friday was a little shorter then intended....4.2miles. Yesterday I did a p90x arms/biceps/shoulders video...and I am about to head out today for a hopefully 7mile trail run!!! Need to get that distance in!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies! So sorry Ive been MIA - things have been nuts around here, per usual, and I've been doing my best to stay happy and keep myself on track. Of course, for the most part, that means logging when possible and commenting on status updates when I've got a few minutes, but rarely affords me enough time to sit down and properly catch up with you all. Its a good thing I have most of you as friends so that I can comment on your successes as they happen. Otherwise I'd be missing a lot! :ohwell:

Here for quick update but I can't promise I'll get to everything. Let's see...

Abby - Since when is 4.2 miles a short run? Sounds like a great workout to me! Don't be so hard on yourself - My weekday runs are usually between 3 and 4.5miles and I only manage longer ones on the weekends. Time is fleeting. Hope you got in a sweet trail run today. I managed just over 6 miles including some gorgeous trails today and it was exactly what I needed to get my head on straight!

Meg - Still haven't decided. More on that below - thanks for asking! As for your boss - talk about unprofessional! I'm not exactly sure where you work but take the high road and make it very clear if someone is out of line with their comments. Adults should know better than to act like total bullies, but unfortunately most don't! You definitely don't need to be hearing her criticisms and snide comments so I hope she matures. If not, make a point to take her aside and tell her exactly how her comments make you feel. With the stress and aggravation of life, work, and weight loss the last thing you need is someone putting you down to make themselves feel better. Eff that!

Kate - It just "works". The group is here for whatever you want to use it for! We try to post regularly but as you see, sometimes activity on the thread wanes. Post whenever and whatever you like and be as encouraging and supportive as you can. That's it! Sounds like you've got some great workouts in - I'm not a Zumba-er but I hear awesome things. Good luck with the food. I know how much of a challenge that can be... But just keep at it! Hope you had a fab weekend! :bigsmile:

Cynthia - How are the new shoes? I'm going to buy some this week... Still deciding but very excited about the prospect.

Oh Em Gee - Running out of time!

Emily - Good luck on the 8k training - We are running an 8K trail run on Sunday of next weekend and super pumped for it. When is your race? And glad to hear about your grandma. Wishing her the speediest recovery :smile:

Amy - I think the WC is too far for a 4 day trip, especially with the lay-overs and time change. I am leaning toward Nawlins right now... But thanks for the suggestions! San Diego would be amazing if I had the time and money for sure...

OK Quick AFM - Shoes are still on the list. Haven't bought anything yet but doing lots of research and going to try more on today. Also researching for my trips - New Orleans is in the lead for my birthday get-away right now and hoping to book something hot and steamy with Tyler in the new year. Hopefully a weeklong beach destination. Ran a fabulous new course today down Mt Albion Falls, through a public golf course and then eventually back around to my house today. 6.24 miles total with 55 mins of straight running at 9:19 average pace. Great run and really helped me clear my head. I've been having some issues with feeling unhappy in my place in life - relationship, work, and all else - and it was a nice break from life.

Yesterday I had an amazing day to myself in Toronto - Ate freaking FANTASTIC food at a Raw Vegan restaurant called Live Food Bar and then had some beer and great conversation with an old friend. It was so nice to talk to someone different for a change and to be able to socialize outside of my small niche. I really miss that and this old friend in particular is a wonderful conversationalist with a lot of common interests, so it was an awesome night. Of course it's got me majorly thinking about what makes me happy, now... Grass is always greener on the other side, right? :ohwell: decisions decisions...

Hope y'all are doing well. We shall catch up more soon! Much love and enjoy your Sundays! :heart:
  • abby459
    Options
    Meag - I know 4 miles isnt short....it was just supposed to be my distance day!! But my run today went great!!! We did a 7.21 mile trail run in 69:01.......which is like a 9:40 pace!!! I still walked a few minutes of it, but even with the walking I am psyched with that pace!!! Even kept up with my boyfriend today!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Meag - I know 4 miles isnt short....it was just supposed to be my distance day!! But my run today went great!!! We did a 7.21 mile trail run in 69:01.......which is like a 9:40 pace!!! I still walked a few minutes of it, but even with the walking I am psyched with that pace!!! Even kept up with my boyfriend today!!
    Kept up with the boyfriend = HUGE NSV! way to go! :drinker: I hope you feel amazing :bigsmile:

Had a serious talk with the boy today... Not sure where we stand. He's so overwhelmingly positive about things and despite how miserable I have been lately he's still sticking everything out. Maybe part of me finds it almost annoying that he's SO determined to make it work. I guess maybe a small part of me feels guilty and wishes he would show some signs of second guessing our relationship, too...

What's wrong with me? :noway:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I have been gone from the thread for entirely too long and I need to get back no track with keeping in touch with you ladies. I went back to my undergraduate homecoming this weekend and saw a lot of my friends who had nothing but nice things to say about my weight loss which was nice. I am now back and trying to get on track with work. I unfortunately have gotten sick over my travels but I'm going to try and power through it. I will do my best to actually read what all of you ladies have been up to. I do miss you tons!!

Keep up the great work!

Megan
  • miss_amy
    Options
    good morning ladies!

sorry i've been MIA all weekend! had a busy one! friday i cleaned out my closet when i got home from work (after my workout) & made piles of clothes that no longer fit me. it felt good to get rid of clothes that were too big! i'm still not done organizing my room. haha. guess i had more clothes than i thought i did!

saturday was my friend's wedding dress fitting so i was busy doing that with her and all the other bridesmaids. she found the dress she loves & she looks amazing in it! it made me even more excited to be a part of her wedding next year! i managed to squeeze in a workout after that & then it was off to the city for dinner with all the bridesmaids at a great wine bar. i enjoyed a few glasses of wine but didn't overdo it. :)

yesterday i went shopping for new clothes and had a major NSV! i went to old navy and decided to try on a pair of skinny jeans in a size 12 and they fit! now their sizes are a little weird cuz the flair version of the 12s didn't fit me yet but i don't care. i'm so excited! i haven't fit in a 12 in any style of pants for well over 5 years... probably more like 10 years to be honest. it feels so good to be seeing results! it's funny cuz i weigh more on the scale now than i did in high school but i'm wearing a smaller size. weight training works!

i also had a HUGE loss this week. 4lbs! i really think i owe it to eating extra protein & making sure i ate at least 1200 NET calories everyday. i'm going to continue this pace this week and see what happens. i'm not expecting to lose much next week to be honest, since i lost so much this week but i'm ok with that! i'm only .2lbs away from my goal for the month. :)

i hope everyone had a great weekend!!!