How I Got My 6 Pack

Options
Sorry, had a tons of emails and didnt want to answer each one saying the same stuff.

I ate clean for 9 months. No processed foods. No soda. No sugar. No trans and sat fats. No high carb foods. No fast foods. I started planning and making my own meals. I did crunches and sit-ups here and there, but I honestly feel that brisk walkingfor almost 8 hours a day (Im a nurse and Im always running around the whole 8 hour shift) and going for runs in the a.m. before breakfast really helped. I cut calories and started counting them too.. I made sure to eat every two hours, small little snacks/meals. I believe my calorie intake was around 1300-1400 per day, not to exceed 1500. I was very very strict with my eating. I tell everyone that abs are made in the kitchen and its so true! I am 5'3" and I weigh 105lbs. I started out at 140lbs in my before picture. When I started eating clean, the weight fell off. I replaced cupcakes and sweets and chocolate with fruits, rice cakes, fatfree yogurt as snacks instead. I loaded up on veggies, and I now eat primarily fish, veggies, fruit, oatmeal, and bran cereal. I also STOPPED drinking wine and beer. No alcohol. I started drinking 100oz of water per day (i had to pee every hour no joke haha) and I also started drinking green tea as well.

Now that I have reached my goal weigth, I have a treat here/there. I have my weaknesses just like anyone else. Mine is... PASTA from Olive Garden.. and those awful breadsticks haha they are DELISH!

Anyway, hope that clears up some questions.

Replies

• nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Your abs look amazing. Go you!
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Awesome.

All my buds say the same, 6 packs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

When I was a nurse, I witnessed 2 autopsies on heavy set people, both had 6 packs underneath. Neither worked out.

All ya gotta do is lose enough fat to show it.
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yea you really do look fantastic! Nice work! And thanks for the tips, I'm already doing a lot of them, but soon, oooh soo soon I'll have some sexy abs of my own! :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation and CONGRATS! You've obviously been very dedicated and worked hard for a long time. Enjoy your moment! You deserve it!!!!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!
    :wink: bumping to read for later
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Now, if you are shorter, weigh close to 200 pounds, and were ALREADY eating fairly clean, it's not going to come all that easily... *sigh*
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    When you say NO sugar - did you avoid fruits also? Or just fruit in moderation? Plain yogurt or fruit flavored yogurts?

Just curious. Thanks!

Edited to add: sorry, I see in your original post you ate fruit, so I guess I'd just like to know if you limited it at all?
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    No sugar as in sweets, candy, and pastries. I allowed myself natural sugar such as fruits. I actually ate a hella lot of fruit! LOVE fruit.
  • siabevis
    Options
    I also have a blog and facebook fan page (in my sig) that I keep up with/post helpful weightloss articles and such. I dont get on MFP as much as i should but Im trying :)
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!! thanks for the tips and it's great to see that healthy choices work, no gimmicks or starving needed!
  • kew736
    kew736 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey,
    just wondering if you cut out ALL types of processed foods, like for example, milk, peanut butter, cheese?
    This is totally inspiring, you rock!
  • MaryAnneGretaHeidi
    Options
    How do you differentiate between the sugars, for example, when I only get sugar from fruit, veggies at end of day food counter reads too much sugar, should that matter? Congrats on your success, and the courage to share your secrets to it!!! From, Hudson, FL gulf coast... Cool weather on the way, yay!
  • siabevis
    Options
    Hey,
    just wondering if you cut out ALL types of processed foods, like for example, milk, peanut butter, cheese?
    This is totally inspiring, you rock!

I did for the most part, yes. I drank organic nonfat milk and almond milk (YUM), organic all nautural almond butter, and as for cheese, i didnt really care about that because i didnt eat much of it, so I didnt focus on that being processed or not. Hope this helps!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    wow! hard work and clean eating pays off! you look great!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You are so amazing and such a harder worker! I have tried to do many things and have conquered but I have yet you get my abs under control. I will see how i look in 7 weeks of hard ab training!
  • siabevis
    Options
    Thankyou! You can get em too girl.
  • kew736
    kew736 Posts: 28
    Options
    How long did this take you? More than 7 weeks I'd imagine!
  • siabevis
    Options
    How long did this take you? More than 7 weeks I'd imagine!

9 months.
  • chchchangess
    Options
    so inspirational! thanks for sharing your story, it's really motivated me to step up my game and work harder :)
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, congrats!