5'9 or taller women

Options

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8.5" !!! Currently at my heaviest of 162lbs... before christmas was 144... trying to get to 150lbs! Happy weight there and felt good!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9 and not sure where I started really, was trying to lose my baby weight so around 165-170? Original GW was 145lbs but when I got there I still wasn't satisfied with how I looked. So I aimed for 140lbs but am now 137lbs.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10", and several years ago got down to 185. I was working out, fit as heck, and looked fantastic! It really boils down to your comfort level and where you are happy =)
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and 234lbs. My goal is about 180-190. I am a curvy muscular frame. My husband asked on our first date if I played softball because of my strong legs and butt. I love that I married a leg and butt man. My weight ranged between 150-170 in high school. I never want to be high school weight again but I definitely want to lose about 40 lbs. I love my curves, I just want them to be more noticeable
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 160. I've been 150 (8 years ago) and while I look amazing at that I it's very hard to maintain. At 160 I can wear an 8 or a 10 (depending on manufacturer) I have a large frame though ( I wear a size 11 mens shoe)
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9 and not sure where I started really, was trying to lose my baby weight so around 165-170? Original GW was 145lbs but when I got there I still wasn't satisfied with how I looked. So I aimed for 140lbs but am now 137lbs.

Your pic is perfect! I love your tummy and legs!
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a goal weight of 170; that was the weight I was at while in the Army, and I looked (and felt) fantastic.

I seem to carry weight strangely though, I've always had big boobs and broad shoulders...most people don't believe me when I tell them how much I weigh, so maybe I'll be happy with a higher weight. Guess we'll find out. :) My biggest concern is just getting rid of this disgusting, soggy belly that pregnancy+c-section left me with.
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    i'm 6'1" and my goal weight is 190

i'm going on vacation to visit my ex and my ex's brothers wives like to cook high calorie meals....i am not sure how i am going to manage...but i'll think of something...

i'll definitely be exercising the days that we are invited out to eat....i'm told that we've been invited out to his brothers for monster steaks...ugh! i think i'll just eat salad if they have it...

i think i'm finally losing...i don't want to put it back on....i've eaten monster steaks and was called a monster by children because i was so heavy at 345 lbs...so i can say 'been there..done that....i'll remember the taste from the past...i want to be healthy in the present'
  • Ashleyrist
    Ashleyrist Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a goal weight of 145
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 3/4 (and usually just round up to 5'10" ;)) and started at my heaviest weight of 205. I got down to 145 and maintained it for a while, and then had stress fractures in both feet last August and ended up at my lowest adult weight of 133 in November. I have a large frame and 133 did not look good on me (but, I have to admit, it felt good to wear such small clothes when I was a very steady size 14-16 from high school up until I started losing weight). Once I started back at the gym, I started putting weight on again. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but last time I weighed myself I was 154. When I was 205 my doctor told me a good goal was 170- but I'm still having issues with being in the mid-150s. Don't really know what my goal weight is - at 133 I was cold and exhausted all the time, so I know I don't want to get back to that, but I liked how I felt at 145, so that's my tentative goal for now.

Glad I found this thread- I usually can't find others that are my height!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    im 135ish atm...gw is 130. go for what u r comfortable with.
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree it also depends on where you carry the weight that you are. A year ago I was 179 and I felt fabulous. Today I am 185 and even thought I can wear most of the same clothes I feel "bloated" all the time. I have been 165 and told I look really good at that weight but I want to see what 155 looks like and I'll go from there. I am 5'9 and after three children I have gained girls (upstairs) and rumpus (downstairs) and I don't know that the DH is willing to part with either. LOL
  • gottahvfaith
    Options
    I am 5'9". when I was 20 I got down to 128. I worked the nursery at our church. I was asked to resign b/c people began to think that I had Aids b/c i was so thin. I want to get down to 170-168. I am a big build woman as it is. I come from a family of rather large men (my brother is 6'8" and @ 305 u can't c fat on him) I think it depends a lot on your body type. My dr says I need to be 145 which I find way to small for my body type.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and am currently 151- I'd like to get down to 140 lbs but haven't been able to lose much in the last few months. I just keep trying!
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    160 is my goal I am 5'10....I hate skinny would prefer to be phat!
  • LauraRN88
    LauraRN88 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm 5'9. My current weight is 186 and my goal is 140. Feel free to add me anyone! It's nice to know people are of the same height as me and have similar goals. It makes me realise I'm not being unrealistic.
  • mandr97
    mandr97 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal is 180. I have a larger frame and am fairly muscular.
  • jjmcahill
    jjmcahill Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 160...I was that weight before I got pregnant with my last child and I thought I looked my best there. I guess it all just depends on where each person thinks they look their best at...I'm in the 170's now and I don't think I look bad but I do think it's not my best. Likewise I've been as low as 120's/140's and I didn't look good there either. To each their own.
  • Osanyin
    Osanyin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is also 160. That made me nervous from the beginning. I remember being in high school and weighing 164 and being in the best shape of my life exercising 6 days a week. In my early 20's I remember weighing 174 and being very happy with the way I looked. So, 174 is my ideal weight and 164 is what the Internet tries to convince me I should be.
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm 5'10 1/2 and have been up and down the weight ranges. So much depends on body type and muscle tone, but I am now 148 and eating 1500 calories, low activity with Thyroid fatigue. I found 170 or less to be a very comfortable weight though, especially mobility. At 135 my ribs show even though that's still a normal BMI, so I prefer the high 140's, low 150's. My sister is the same height and weight, but 2 sizes smaller. It's not fair how bone structure makes that much difference!