MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-10/1-10/8

Options

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow mini goalers! Hope you all had a great Tuesday. Today was a much better day for me then yesterday so I am pretty excited about that. I had bowling tonight I had 2 great games… 1 not so great, but I was SO happy with my first two games I wasn’t so upset about the 3rd game :laugh:

Danlyn – Way to go hitting all your goals on Monday & Tuesday! I’m so glad we help keep you motivated and striving for your goals! Keep up all the hard work!!!

Hearts♥Desire – Good job with your goals. Keep working on the healthier choices I know you can do it. I totally know what you mean about the fine line we walk when it comes to food. I too have fallen to the “other side” of the line from time to time. You are doing such a fabulous job and you inspire me so thank you!

Ittee – Congrats on hitting your goal weight!!! I’m sorry to hear the day went downhill from there. And that Tuesday was another stressfully day. But you hit it right on the head. That is exactly why there is a tomorrow. We all get a new fresh start, a chance to try again. YOU are awesome, and you are doing awesome!

bhurley1424 – Thank you for feeling my M&M pain! Great job with your goals Monday, I have a feeling you are going to totally bury that 10 mile mark! Keep on trying with the veggies, I know you’ll get there!

Philosohoe – The intro to your check in sounded like the opening of a great novel! LOVE IT! BTW I think you did a great job handling the KFC. BRAVO my dear BRAVO!! I’m so jealous of your macros, I wish mine looked that great.

Editorsc – Philosohoe is pretty awesome :happy: We are happy to have you join is. Good luck with you goals, looks like you picked some great ones.

Papillon22 – I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed with the pictures, but I’m sure you looked beautiful! Monday… what is this Monday you speak of? Excellent job with your goals, keep on trying with that glass of water I know you can do it :smile:

Ladygloria – Great job with Chalean today, I hope your arms are feeling a little better. Excellent job with your you time and family time! Ohhh yes the peanut butter ones are really good too… I pretty much love the entire M&M family :laugh:

la_nanita – Monday was yesterday it is over and done with! Nice job Tuesday way to come back. I always tried to get my P90x done in the mornings, but I figure as long as pushed play that was all that really mattered. I’m so glad you are part of our group!

KrisPage – Isn’t it amazing how a weekend construction project turns out to be a weekend, plus a few days during the week, plus the next weekend!!! WWWWOOO HHHHOOOOO for your NSV!! Congrats on those 16’s :happy: so great.

Tuesday check in:
    1. 30DS – Today was my rest day.
    2. Get in 3 non 30DS workouts in – 2/3 ok, I’m calling my bowling league a non 30DS workout. I feel like I should up my number to 4 though.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work every day – worked from home, so this one was easy. Made a pretty good egg salad for lunch, YUM!
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips) – So easy to avoid the M&M’s when I’m not in the office. I did have a bite of my husband’s mac & cheese and it was leftover’s so it wasn’t really good so it wasn’t even worth the bite… BLAH. But I feel better for letting you all know I did it!
    5. Get my weekends under control - been eating out WAY too much on the weekends lately. – Keep you all posted on this one.

Time to get some sleep! Have a great Wednesday everyone :happy:
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    HeartsDesire--Love love love your check in today! It was so great to see you "break it down" for us. It's been driving me crazy trying to figure out the ins & outs of your "Focus!" goal! :):heart: Love it.:heart:

editorsc--Yay! I'm so glad you joined our group for the week! (Of course I was standing over your shoulder saying, "now click here," so I suppose you didn't have much choice at that particular moment.) You won't regret it, I promise you!:bigsmile:

Ittee--Hooray for rest days that help heal our challenging days. Hope we get some hang out time soon!:flowerforyou:

la_nanita--Glad to see your Tuesday was better than your Monday that we are not talking about :laugh:

Okay so Tuesday Check In, aka KFC 2: Leftovers' Revenge...

This sequel, like most sequels that are pumped out too fast without a lot of thought, planning, or budget, was not that impressive. The worst I did was eat 2 (yes 2) biscuits. Not bad if I do say so myself.:tongue:
    1) Exercise 5 days including 1 workout video (probably ChaleanX)--check 2/5 elliptical saves the day again. Just out of curiousity, do you think it counts as "doing a workout video" if I WATCHED the Zumba infomercial while using the elliptical? No? Darn, still have to work on that one then. :ohwell:
    2) Keep macronutrient ratio at 50:25:25 for Carbs/Protein/Fat--not bad for the 2nd day, but creeping up on carbs, so I have to watch out for that one tomorrow: 53.1/22.1/24.8
    3) Sodium under 2000--check! 1/7 so far
    4) Get at least a 3500 calorie deficit total for the week--883 so far. I'm going to have to ramp up the exercise over the next few days if I'm going to make it to 3500 by Sunday night.

Wow, it's really late. I think it might be time for me to start having a bedtime goal, and a wake up early goal, and a leave for work on time goal; oh, and a leave work on time instead of working late goal would probably be a good goal too. See, now that just feels like too much pressure. Thank goodness for MINI-GOALS! We can do anything we set our minds to, as long as it's only for a WEEK! Bwah hahahaha!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good night all!
  • mggirll0122
    Options
    Really stressful weekend! I feel like I am playing catchup with life. I decided to dust off my mostly unopened Zumba DVDs and try these out. I only had opened the first training DVD, after yesterday I understand why! It's that my body seems so uncoordinated with this. It's funny because I have always loved dancing and thought I could kinda move. I have even taken other dance type classes, I don't know what it is about this style, but I am going to keep going this time. So my goals this week include Zumba:

1. Zumba 4x
    2. Water 8 glasses 7x
    3. Vitamins 7x

Have a great week everyone!
  • littlemount
    Options
    Yesterday had to do some pending papers at work so late check in today.
    Over calories but water and exercise I did.
    Thanks to Heartsdesire,MAK-01, Ladygloria,Philoshoe,lttee,Krispage ,Papillon22 all the new comers for making this such a active group.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    littlemount: good job on water and exercise, and considering you're normally under on calories, I wouldn't worry.

mggirl: I thought I had moves too. Went to a zumba class with a new friend this summer, and she immediately went back to our husbands' workplace and talked about how I couldn't move (including herself). I don't think I want to do that class with her again. Glad you enjoy dancing, keep doing it!!

MAK: grats on your bowling games!! Do you have a game plan for your weekend so you don't go over?
  • Ittee
    Options
    Sun-Sat
    Ride my bicycle 2x this week
    Take lunch and snacks to work 4x
    Go fishing 1x

dhayes: love the goal of fishing btw
  • littlemount
    Options
    Wednesday 10/5-
    Did well with water and calories.
    Exercise 45 minutes cardio.

Will get to bed early today,long busy day tomorrow,can't there be a magic wand which makes me thinner and full of energy.

Well, well wishful thinking.
  • Ittee
    Options

Will get to bed early today,long busy day tomorrow,can't there be a magic wand which makes me thinner and full of energy.

Well, well wishful thinking.
    I'll wish it too, maybe it'll come true then...
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Missed you all last week! Just some things going on in my life that made me realize that I am still an emotional eater. That being said, I am being kind to myself and making better choices this week.

Goals for the week:
    Exercise 4 times
    Log all food and drink
    Enjoy the cooler weather!:smile:

Welcome to the new members! This is SUCH a fantastic group! Many thanks to MAK_1 and Ladygloria for keeping this going!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Well lazy again tonight no exercise again and ate way to much thank goodness for my 1200 calorie defict fro yesterday. going to haveto kick it up to complete my goaql this week.
    Mak knowing you pastry skills wondered if you are addicted to the top chef shows right now Just Deserts are on and I am in love with Jonnie :heart: :heart: :heart: hubba hubba
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in:

1. Great water intake today! Not so good on food/logging as I'd hoped today.
    2. Rest Day but did a TON of cleaning at my Sisters house..whew!
    3. Still working on Refocusing.......:laugh:
    4. Here I am checking in despite the food not logged completely and less than stellar choices. BUT I have kept this goal all week long!:drinker: :tongue:

Looking forward to a brand new week with newcomers and regulars alike!:smooched:
    ....I plan on keeping the same goals for another week..:heart:

**My Goals for this week (10/2-10/8)**

1 - Track food daily, make healthier choices
    2 - Workout 4-5 days this week
    3 - Stay FOCUSED on the Game!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had

** Monday Check-in**

1. Tracked my food, wasn't grandly happy with my choices today but it is what it was.. logged in the a.m. Creating healthier choices......I feel SO much better when I do, much more energy! Great on the water though!
    2. Great workout and run after
    3. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4. Checking in, so glad I'm following through with this one faithfully, even if I'm struggling a bit with the food choices at some meals, knowing #4 is getting done daily feels awesome!!

Hope everyone had a good start to the week, love being here with you all it keeps me more accountable!:smooched: :flowerforyou:

**Tues. Check-in**

1. Conscious eating, some good choices, some less than healthy food but still feeling in control. I love the fact that I'm learning I CAN be and that it is possible to stay in control with less than healthy food. Though it's a fine line I'm finding and sometimes not worth the balancing act in case I tip to the other side.:tongue::laugh: Still working on the water and will continue drinking into the night. :laugh: Since I'm not much of a drinker, it's water that I'll be drinking into the night...just saying.:wink:

2. Pilates today for my workout, my knees started bothering me after due to some extra :blushing: sodium eating yesterday (amazing how I now can tell more than 1500 mg for me begins to effect my joints and my body simply doesn't need for more than 1500mg of it. I used to keep it at 2500 or below but once my body got used to the lower amount it showed me how appreciative it was and that it really does much prefer 1500 or less (which I'm finding without processed food is not all that hard to stay under, I typically am under 1000 easily). I found the same thing going on with sugars, they really effect my joints if eaten in excess. Painful? Heck Yea! But guess that's how my body reacts and sends it's signals so I listen!:blushing: :laugh: I love the lessons it's been teaching me on my journey to a healthier life. I imagine it's been yelling at me for some time now, so glad I've decided to finally listen!!:wink:

3. Every day my goal is to REFOCUS and begin anew, good day or less than good I want to make it a daily thing, to be aware & very conscience of my choices.

4. It's that time again, me keeping my Goal of checking in daily:drinker: This goal has really gotten me to push through many a night I've wanted to head to bed, put off logging etc., so...yay for this group and our goal setting!!!

You all are the best, the best group I've ever been apart of on here because it's been kept simple, friendly, kind and encouraging. I've never heard a negative word toward another yet & doubt I ever will on our Mini Goal Challenge group!

Love you guys:smooched: , really you make me smile when I come to check-in and when I read and when I go about my day thinking more consciously because of this group.

xo

**Weds. Check-in**

1. Did some logging, want to get more water than today but did OK. Still battling a bit with food choices. Not sure if I'm expecting to much from myself (perfection?) or I'm simply having a few 'days' being off kilter. :ohwell:
    2. no workout (wow, did I ever miss it!)
    3. I think it's time I sit down and reevaluate my goals, might help me focus a bit instead of simply typing the word. LOL
    4. Checking in here and heading to bed.

Love you guys, big hugs!!!:smooched:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I think I forgot to check in yesterday but here it is for both days:

Tuesday:

1) 3/7 days exercise
    2) no walking today - training at gym
    3) 3 fruits/veggies - Yay! I made 4! :bigsmile:
    4) Sodium was under for 3/7 days

Wednesday:

1) 4/7 days exercise
    2) walked 3 miles - Hmm I can't remember what I did on Sunday. I'll have to go check that. I may be near my 10 mile mark now.
    3) 3 fruit/veggie - FAIL! I had only 2 --- :grumble:
    4) Sodium under max - 4/7 (barely)

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Thank god it's almost Friday!! :bigsmile:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I think I forgot to check in yesterday but here it is for both days:

Tuesday:

1) 3/7 days exercise
    2) no walking today - training at gym
    3) 3 fruits/veggies - Yay! I made 4! :bigsmile:
    4) Sodium was under for 3/7 days

Wednesday:

1) 4/7 days exercise
    2) walked 3 miles - Hmm I can't remember what I did on Sunday. I'll have to go check that. I may be near my 10 mile mark now.
    3) 3 fruit/veggie - FAIL! I had only 2 --- :grumble:
    4) Sodium under max - 4/7 (barely)

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Thank god it's almost Friday!! :bigsmile:

Well, just needed to look at my ticker. looks like I'm at 9.5 miles out of 10 miles (didn't walk on the 1st). Looks like I will surpass my 10 miles this week. Yay! :bigsmile:
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Quick Wednesday Check In before early bedtime:

1) Exercise 5 days including 1 workout video (probably ChaleanX)--check 3/5
    2) Keep macronutrient ratio at 50:25:25 for Carbs/Protein/Fat--50.4/14.7/34.8 too much fat, not enough protein
    3) Sodium under 2000--check! 2/7
    4) Get at least a 3500 calorie deficit total for the week-1826! Half way there!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • Ittee
    Options
    mrogers: I am such an emotional eater too!

HeartsDesire: yeah, amazing when we get to the point where we miss a workout, eh?

bhurley: great job on exercise and sodium, and hey, you're improving on the fruits/veggies. And go you for the miles!

My goals:
    Follow chalean schedule adding in 3 abs, and 5 swims: did a chalean burn and ab burner, feel so much better actually doing something. I missed it, go figure!
    3 fruits/veggies: yes!!
    Calories, with fat less/at 25%: over in carbs, but not a mini goal, so yeppers, but I need to start really watching it
    Don't emotionally eat this week: today I am finally victorious on this one, thank goodness!

Gosh it feels good to not be a mess today and actually get back into it. Much love my mini-goal-ers. This helps me more than I can ever express.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Philosohoe - buhhahahaha! You are too funny. I do like your idea though… so I was doing some sit ups and saw the Zumba infomercial, that would totally count to… right?!!? Too too funny!!! Great job with your goals Tuesday and Wednesday. The carbs are getting to me too. I’m trying not to get to frustrated about it, but some days I just want to scream at that little red carb number…. Gggggrrrr!

Mggirll0122 – Good luck with the Zumba DVD’s they do look like a lot of fun. A coworker said she would lend me her copy… so let me know how you do with it! Good luck!

Littlemount – Working late is no fun… speaking of I think I was supposed to check my email… <sigh> it’s never ending! Great job with your goals Tuesday and Wednesday. Keep it up. I’m wishing for the magic wand too!

Ittee – Sounds like you are having a better day today. That’s great to hear. Great job with your fruits/veggies, keep it up! My game plan… I don’t have one which is probably part of my problem. We usually do a family dinner out Friday and I usually make pretty decent choices, but then Saturday and Sunday we are usually out and about all day, and fast food is usually the go to meal of choice. I try to get healthier choices, but still sodium is usually a kicker. That and I have an ever harder time with the BLTS on the weekends. Why must there be a whole kitchen in my house? It’s so much easier to avoid the M&M jar at work! I think I need to work on a game plan!

Mrogers52 – Missed you too, but so glad you are back! Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough go of things. I hope things are starting to look up. Emotional eating can get the best of me as well. It’s a hard habit to break. Great goals for the week.

KrisPage – I hate to admit it I didn’t know there is a just deserts show?!?! I must get details! I wonder if it’s on demand?

Hearts♥Desire - Isn’t it an amazing feeling to miss working out! I even missed Jillian yesterday (my 30DS rest day)…. Ok not so much missing her. :laugh: Re –evaluating goals is a great idea.

Bhurley1424 – Great job Tuesday & Wednesday. I’d say since you got 4 on Tuesday, and 2 on Wednesday it’s a wash, 3 both days :smile: Great job getting all your exercising in. I knew you’d hit your 10 miles this week. WAY TO GO!

Wednesday check in:
    1. 30DS – Day 13 CHECK.
    2. Get in 3 non 30DS workouts in – still at 2/3. I tried to get in some Turbo jam, but the knees were not having it. So time for some ice and rest for them.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work every day – Done and done. I was even smart and packed it Tuesday night. I should probably do that for tomorrow to!
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips) – I have to say, after lunch I was half to the M&M cube to get a few and I was like... stop, you don't need those M&M's you jstu finished lunch your full go sit down. AND I DID!!! I had no M&M's today. There might have been a taste of my husbands steak (from his burrito). But I'm so happy about the M&M victory I'm not sweating the other T!
    5. Get my weekends under control - been eating out WAY too much on the weekends lately. – Time to work on a game plan!!!

Ok it's super late, and I just realized I have to get up earlier then normal, so off to get a few hours with beauty sleep. Night all. Keep reaching for those mini goals. WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Wednesday (late) check-in:

1- Keep up Chalean X schedule - done! lean circuit 1.
    2- 5 fruits/veggies a day - done!
    3- Have a glass of water before every meal - finally done for once!
  • Ittee
    Options
    Papillon: great job on your goals! The commitment it takes to follow a workout schedule is amazing, and something I'm still struggling with. Kuddos

MAK: super grats on the M&Ms. Way to talk to yourself and listen!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wed check in:

1) P90X: 2.25/90 - It is not good to leave exercising for 11:30pm! After 15mins I had no energy. LOL ~ Have to plan that better
    2) Water: 3/7
    3) Bed: 3/7
    4) Breakfast: 4/7
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Checking in for Wed and Thursday:

Haven't been great about logging either day :sad:

Walked both yesterday and today :drinker:

Bed by 10 PM - YES!!!

I hope everyone has a lovely long weekend. I'm heading out camping tomorrow. Last camping trip of 2011 :sad: Packed all my good food and will try my best to stick to my goals while I'm away. I may not be able to check in so best of luck to all for a strong finish to the week!!! Huggs to all and I'll check in when I can :flowerforyou: