Lost 14 pounds since Tuesday juicing!!!!

Options
I am so excited to share that in only 5 days I have lost 14 pounds by drinking freshly made fruit and vegetable juice! The first few days are kind of hard, but I really feel that this is the best way to lose weight when you have quite a bit to lose. This is because you lose weight FAST, you heal your body and metabolism, you learn why you are eating in the first place, learn to eat when you are hungry and not for other reasons, I have read that your extra skin can be healed, or you simply don't get much if any when losing weight this healthy way! There are many many other reasons, too!

Sure, its hard, I love food! But losing weight is hard no matter HOW you do it, so why not take a certain period of time and drink healthy juice full of nutrients to get you back on track?

If you have netflix I recommend watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I had wanted to do a juice fast before but watching that documentary really inspired me!

Replies

• wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    IS the netflix video on juice fasting?

AWESOME JOB! Just don't keep up that rapid rate too long... not healthy.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I did the reboot, that's what kickstarted my weight loss! Now I drink juice for breakfast everyday. It's definitely a great way to reboot your system, get all the micronutrients in and feel great. I just can't do it all the time like Joe and Phil did. Great job though, it really has changed my life and the way I look at food.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I would say let us know how it goes once you've been eating food for a few weeks again...many times temporary changes result in temporary loss, hopefully this isn't the case for you, congrats on the loss :flowerforyou:
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm no doctor or any sort of health professional but this sounds like unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss to me. When you go back to regular eating patterns, I assume one would put the weight back on. I hope you've consulted your doctor ahead of time. :) Good luck.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hmm, doesn't sound healthy. Most fasts are for a day to 3, no more. Your body needs more than just 'juice'. Especially if you are exercsing, your body needs fuel.

I'm not a professional but I say healthy foods, water and exercise will get you where you wanna be. It may be slow, but there's a reason it takes time to lose weight. Besides, you didn't gain it overnight, don't expect it to go away overnight either.

But to each their own. :indifferent:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    oh geeze here we go.
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't really find this healthy.. You should learn to eat healthy. I mean eventually you're going to eat food, and since you've been depriving your body from it i'm afraid it's going to want it more..

Losing weight is about watching your calorie intake and exercising. THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY.
    So yes losing weight is hard, but this is the way you do it!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Hmm, doesn't sound healthy. Most fasts are for a day to 3, no more. Your body needs more than just 'juice'. Especially if you are exercsing, your body needs fuel.

I'm not a professional but I say healthy foods, water and exercise will get you where you wanna be. It may be slow, but there's a reason it takes time to lose weight. Besides, you didn't gain it overnight, don't expect it to go away overnight either.

But to each their own. :indifferent:

ditto
  • MissPJH
    Options
    Well done. Jason Vale - Juicemaster - is an advocate of juicing. Im heading to one of his 7lbs in 7 days retreats soon and Im hoping to lose 14lbs in one week too! Its a detox, I agree it reboots your whole system but I doubt you will be reverting to old habits straight after losing that amount of weight, you will be really motivated. Juicing as part of a healthy and balanced lifestyle is a great way to get your body the goodness it needs to regenerate. Read about Jason Vale and you will soon be converted :). Well done and stay motivated x
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I can understand how people will try 'stuff' to lose weight and I agree, once the weight is off it's best to keep it off eating the right things and exercising but weight off is better than weight on!

Should have added... Well done for the loss, hope it keeps off!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    For everybody who said it is not healthy: IT IS :)
    The fresh juice fasting is done for a short period of time . Think of a very heavy cleaning if you like , but you are doing it to your body.A long period of time , doing the fasting ,can be dangerous but replacing one meal with fresh juice does miracles to one's body.
    Congrats! Was too hard for me.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm no doctor or any sort of health professional but this sounds like unhealthy and unsustainable weight loss to me. When you go back to regular eating patterns, I assume one would put the weight back on. I hope you've consulted your doctor ahead of time. :) Good luck.

Absolutely! You don't have to be a doctor or health professional to realise the total insanity of this. It's not healthy in the slightest, and is actually very dangerous. 14 pounds in 5 days equates to 2.8 pounds lost per day. Hopefully, most of this weight was lost from intestinal matter breaking free and being eliminated, but even if that's the case it's simply not safe to do something like this. There are plenty of ways to "cleanse" the intestines without undertaking a completely ludicrous technique.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    You made a 49,000 calories deficit in 5 days?

Water weight ftw. :)
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    oh geeze here we go.
    haha
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Wow the sugar intake must be insane. Are you sure you are not losing water and muscle. You might end up fatter then when you started. Hope fully it will last.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Juicing is extremely healthy, but it doesn't have to be all or nothing. It's a good thing to incorporate into a healthy diet. It doesn't hurt to fast once in a while, but not as a long-term solution. Juicing has to be a steady thing. I juice a few times a week- great way to get a boatload of vitamins and minerals without eating a ton of food. :}
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    I did the same fast a year ago and I lost quite a bit of weight in 2 weeks. I never gained anything back, until a few months later when I was pregnant with my 3rd child. :) I also had my healthiest pregnancy and wasn't sick at all, unlike my previous pregnancy just a year before when I was sick the entire time. The fasting may not have had anything to do with it but I know I was healthier after it!

I would strongly recommend watching Forks Over Knives for those posting who believe eating mostly fruit and vegetables is unhealthy.:)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I thought the point of losing weight was to lose FAT and keep MUSCLE? And find a way to do it sustainably?
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I would strongly recommend watching Forks Over Knives for those posting who believe eating mostly fruit and vegetables is unhealthy.:)

Eating mostly fruit and vegetable is not unhealthy. It was your method that was unhealthy. If you get lasting results, and don't get sick and end up hospitalised, that's great. However, this was basically like playing roulette, and the majority of people who would do this would likely suffer negative consequences. Advocating such techniques to a community of people who crave quick fixes is irresponsible and reckless.