Unexpected downfalls of being a parent....

Options

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep for more than 4 hours without waking myself up to check on her breathing, she's almost 2 1/2.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Trying to get ready for work last night found myself sucked into "How to Train Your Dragon" just by walking thru the living room. Stood there for 20 minutes watching before I realized I was going to be late for work if I didn't get moving lol.

know it by heart. Even had a a how to train your dragon cake for my son's birthday, I have to say, it is one of the better ones for him to be obsessed with.

Definitely better than when my oldest was little and was obsessed with Babe and Babe:Pig in the City. OMG those movies were cute at first but after weeks and weeks of everyday nonstop watching....eesh.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    How about a car and house littered with Happy Meal toys...
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Pacifer and diaper rash cream in my purse!

I AM PREPARED!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Oh favorite is when they are saying something and it sounds totally different.

"Clock" to "Co*k"
    or
    "mommy look at my funky hair" to "mommy look at my Fuc**en hair"

LOL. My 2yr old daughter sz choc for chocolate of course choc sounds like co*k. So I get her to tell her daddy "I love chocolate". Is that bad? :laugh:
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    lots that could be listed.... but:

taking at least an extra 1/2 hour to grocery shop because it's so hard to even think when you have a little one in the cart asking for things...

hardly being able to get to use the family computer if you have teenagers in the house (i resort to using my laptop in a cabin we have outside!)

barely being able to leave the house 'ready'.... everyone else is ready to go (packed, have their things, dressed, cleansed, etc...) but ME!

planning any 'me' time around a hopeful/possible naptime!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Knowing the theme songs to Phineas and Ferb, Spongebob, Shake it Up, Chugginton, and a list of others. :laugh:

Getting to a point where it was not shocking to be vomited on, peed on, or spit up on.

Being okay with stuffed animals being part of the decor in the family room, dining room, hallway...

Sitting down your snack, drink, or anything that you are eating to go do something and coming back to it all gone. :tongue:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I let the kids paint my face then completely forgot about it. Later ran errands wearing bad cat face paint and like the sticker person, no one said a word.

So terribly sorry...but this had me laughing!:laugh:
  • ee_Lewis
    Options
    I put desitin on my toothbrush and was about a half second from brushing my teeth with it when it occured to me why it was REALLY hard to get the toothpaste out this time, geez!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Explaining to my son that just because he CAN pee anywhere does not mean that he should pee everywhere...

LOL!! :laugh: Hilarious!!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Uncontrollable humming/singing of Camp Rock & High School Musical songs. :sad:

No Joe Jonas, the voice you hear inside your head is me telling you to STFU!
  • ryanfeltz
    ryanfeltz Posts: 126
    Options
    Finding 2 packages of fruit snacks in my purse when what I really needed was a tampon.....

I, too, quote Phineas and Ferb.

dong my best not to crack up when my oldest gives me the remedy of his own making for the wrinkles on my chest ( too much sun when i was younger) MOM all you have to do is get this shirt to seperate " those things" ( my breasts) so they dont touch while you sleep and then the wrinkles will go away.

Singing the whole intro to Jake and the neverland Pirates... when there is not a child in site.

Yep I am a Mom
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6ATPg9Cn9AcqJ4tgjEBPrOC9kTbov7K6wSo0G-EpGcF5J-dqmqy2m-Ddo
  • luvlite2
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?? You know the rest...found myself singing this coming in to work today...had to laugh at that one!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    finally clearing all the barney songs from my head only to be permently replaced by the theme to Good Luck Charlie
  • wasro
    wasro Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Loving these posts : )
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Having stains near the shoulder of all your clothes from there little mouths being dirty.
    (This is a long time ago for me)
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    the stupidest movie ever made...

"Shark boy and Lava girl"

A movie that needs to be watched everyday? Ask my 3 & 6 year olds... it is a MANDITORY movie..
    Cars or Cars 2

I've watched everyday I've spent with them for the last 365 days. Now we've added Tangled into the mix.

Oh man, I love Tangled! Cars is okay, but I am SO sick of it too! My son is obsessed with the Ninja turtles cartoon that I stupidly bought on dvd.....