A Year Later: College Weight Loss w/ pictures

Options
Last year, around this time exactly I stepped on the scale and saw 196 lbs. I thought nothing of it because no one around me told me I was "fat", large, or big. Alot of guys still approached me and thought I was beautiful. My friends said I looked great. I held my weight pretty well. I have a pear-shaped? (or hour glass idk lol) body so most of the weight was distributed to my hips, butt, and thighs. But once I started getting heavier on top, I knew I had to do something about it. I remember I tried to do jumping jacks and my shins were hurting! I told myself "I'm going to walk across that stage the way I came into college my freshmen year. 45 pounds lighter"

58422_546045783276_56503369_32015067_4283367_n.jpg
"This is me September 2010 getting ready to go to a college party"

30856_540492527046_56503369_31811509_91742_n-1.jpg
"This is me in Miami May 2010, I was 190+... but most people couldn't tell. I thought I was healthy but I was near the obese BMI"

-I utilized everything my school had to offer. I went to the gym 5-6 days a week, and burned at least 500 each time. I also did strength training too.

-I did the DVD workouts like the 30 Day Shred DVD, Insanity, but i didn't rely only on DVDs for results. They were more like fillers and intensified my weight loss. I still went to the gym while I was doing these.

-I decided not to get a meal plan (i was a senior so i lived in the apartments). I decided to go to walmart, or low priced supermarkets to get deals on healthy foods. I cooked ALL my meals. I wud allow myself to cheat on my dinner meal on thursdays,cuz it was thirsty thursday lol and the jersey shore was on!

- i didn't binge drink anymore. i drank only in moderation.

- I would eat 5-6 small meals a day. 3 hours between each meal so I was NEVER hungry. 7am-7pm

7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm ..and i would drink water IN BETWEEN my meals.

-i would allow myself to do certain challenges. Only drinking water challenge. Not eating past 8pm challenge. Not eating rice challenge. challenges i saw on forums. etc

After 7 months of hard work and dedication, I dropped down to 152-154.

168941_555450461226_56503369_32201779_4120572_n.jpg
"Valentine's Day 2011"

264668_577013224276_56503369_32350199_6036931_n.jpg
"At the beach, Summer 2011"

I was always encouraged and in awe when I would see before and after pictures. Now it feels so good that I'm finally able to make my own before/after post. You guys can do it!

I walked across the stage at my graduation at 152! I reached my goal :-) It felt good to get my bachelors and succeed on my weight loss goal.

believe and stay focused. don't rely on anyone else to support you or push you. some people will discourage you, or not understand you. Stand firm and tall, you got this!

-jessica

Replies

• CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    You are GORGEOUS! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You look incredible; great job!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats on your hard work!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    wow, well done you, you look fab :smile:
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    u look great congrats
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous that your before and after pictures are both gorgeous!!! You look amazing! Great job!!!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Nice work!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped? Nah, more like hourglass!! You look fantastic!
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    omg dammmmmn! I love that even though you lost weight you kept your gorgeous curves. You are FABULOUS, so hold your head high sweetheart... you inspire me!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    awesome job. you are look great!
  • RhondaLeeRoss
    Options
    Great job beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself! You truly are an inspiration!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Really an awesome job. Not only do you see that you look fantastic in your thighs, tummy and legs - your face thinned out and you look absolutely devastating. Great job!!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    You look amazing! Excellent job! :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! Way to go!
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Wow....Girl you look great...I just started 30Day Shred on Oct.1st...Keep up the great work
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a hottie!
  • ronnimae
    Options
    As one person said earlier, I'm jealous of both your before and after pics. You look gorgeous! Way to go!
  • Mariel305
    Mariel305 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's Great... Congrads:smile:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT! keep up the goodness.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!