A Year Later: College Weight Loss w/ pictures

Options

Replies

• Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this. Thank you and you look incredible!!!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    AMAZING progress girly! Congrats on your success.... You look GREAT!! :)
  • pippiagain
    Options
    You are an inspiration. It is really hard to lose weight in college!! Good for you!!
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    AMAZING :) i am in college, too, so this is wonderful!
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Honestly, you looked great before in my opinion, but you look even better now. You're beautiful!
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    great job on the weight loss! your body looks amazing!
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Awesome awesom awesome!!!! Thats why I love this site. Its so encouraging to read others experiences and get that much needed shot of encouragement. Congrats!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    you're gorgeous, i really like your shape....i want that shape!!!
  • meggiekb
    meggiekb Posts: 1
    Options
    You look amazing!

What kinds of things would you eat for your 5-6 meals per day?

I would like to get into that habit but it is hard to do with classes and everything so I'm trying to figure out what I can eat for those meals.
  • cjr312
    cjr312 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look amazing!
  • lainiegee
    lainiegee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Well done! I look forward now to the day wheni can post my 'before' and 'after' photos just like you have. It must be such an awesome feeling! You look great!
    Last year, around this time exactly I stepped on the scale and saw 196 lbs. I thought nothing of it because no one around me told me I was "fat", large, or big. Alot of guys still approached me and thought I was beautiful. My friends said I looked great. I held my weight pretty well. I have a pear-shaped? (or hour glass idk lol) body so most of the weight was distributed to my hips, butt, and thighs. But once I started getting heavier on top, I knew I had to do something about it. I remember I tried to do jumping jacks and my shins were hurting! I told myself "I'm going to walk across that stage the way I came into college my freshmen year. 45 pounds lighter"

58422_546045783276_56503369_32015067_4283367_n.jpg
    "This is me September 2010 getting ready to go to a college party"

30856_540492527046_56503369_31811509_91742_n-1.jpg
    "This is me in Miami May 2010, I was 190+... but most people couldn't tell. I thought I was healthy but I was near the obese BMI"

-I utilized everything my school had to offer. I went to the gym 5-6 days a week, and burned at least 500 each time. I also did strength training too.

-I did the DVD workouts like the 30 Day Shred DVD, Insanity, but i didn't rely only on DVDs for results. They were more like fillers and intensified my weight loss. I still went to the gym while I was doing these.

-I decided not to get a meal plan (i was a senior so i lived in the apartments). I decided to go to walmart, or low priced supermarkets to get deals on healthy foods. I cooked ALL my meals. I wud allow myself to cheat on my dinner meal on thursdays,cuz it was thirsty thursday lol and the jersey shore was on!

- i didn't binge drink anymore. i drank only in moderation.

- I would eat 5-6 small meals a day. 3 hours between each meal so I was NEVER hungry. 7am-7pm

7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm ..and i would drink water IN BETWEEN my meals.

-i would allow myself to do certain challenges. Only drinking water challenge. Not eating past 8pm challenge. Not eating rice challenge. challenges i saw on forums. etc

After 7 months of hard work and dedication, I dropped down to 152-154.

168941_555450461226_56503369_32201779_4120572_n.jpg
    "Valentine's Day 2011"

264668_577013224276_56503369_32350199_6036931_n.jpg
    "At the beach, Summer 2011"

I was always encouraged and in awe when I would see before and after pictures. Now it feels so good that I'm finally able to make my own before/after post. You guys can do it!

I walked across the stage at my graduation at 152! I reached my goal :-) It felt good to get my bachelors and succeed on my weight loss goal.

believe and stay focused. don't rely on anyone else to support you or push you. some people will discourage you, or not understand you. Stand firm and tall, you got this!

-jessica
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say this, but you look beautiful in all of your stages. You have a great body =)
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    you are so ridiculously beautiful both before and after. i myself gained a lot of weight this past year (yup, the freshman fifteen plus some) so i'm going to add you because you are an inspiration :smile:
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • bratius
    bratius Posts: 60
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You were gorgeous before but now you are smokin! Great job! You are definately motivation to me!!
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations girlie on your weight loss and graduation from college!!
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Congrats on both your degree and your weight loss. You look freaking FAB!! I think you have the best weight distribution ever...even in your before pics you look awesome :) I tend to gather all my weight around my middle, which totally sucks...but I have to work with it. Seeing pics like this is always inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!