Arrogance vs Self Confidence

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have learned the hard way that most people I interact with just don't want to hear my success stories. I have very few close friends where I feel comfortable enough to "brag." And with them, it's not bragging. But I find a lot of people's threshold for self-confidence in others is quite low.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Well, just move on from there, nothing you can really do about it.

Next time you see this girl, I say go way over board, tell her how awesome the rest of your body is. They just trot off and say something to get her going even more.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Next time you see this girl, I say go way over board, tell her how awesome the rest of your body is. They just trot off and say something to get her going even more.

Here is a different approach for your next conversation with her.

Say "who knew you could get THIS HOT by eating nothing but M&Ms and drinking Pepsi"
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Being proud of your hard work is NOT arrogant. You deserve to to enjoy your new transformation so don't let anyone make you feel bad for liking what you see in the mirror!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My Grandmother said;
    "No one will tell you to wash your face so you look better than they do".

It is unfortunate that most people are incapably of knowing what to say to someone that works out or watches what they eat.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    what you said was simply you being proud of your hard work paying off. it was not arrogant! now when you are constantly showing off and talking about how wonderful you are then that is arrongance. there is absolutely nothing wrong with being proud of the hard work you have done and seeing the results! screw her! loves ya babe!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    So.... being proud of hard-earned success is now defined as arrogance and she is full of herself? This is a newfound success, so there is going to be a "look at me" period of time to be proud of her accomplishments. And, because she posted this thread, asking for opinions, she suddenly has no character? Why? Because she was not certain whether it should be considered arrogance or self confidence or the fact that she wrote it at all? Because, in my opinion, the fact that she even had to question it shows me that while she is proud, she is also still humble. I too am very open and honest, to the point and direct, but I still do not see how she has no character.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like pa2be32 advice...Drill her every day....untill she doesn;t come around any more!!!!!!!:grumble:
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Because, in my opinion, the fact that she even had to question it shows me that while she is proud, she is also still humble.

Well said.
  • bry_all01
    Options

Say "who knew you could get THIS HOT by eating nothing but M&Ms and drinking Pepsi"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

You actually believe your self don't you........Bet you got degrees hangin all over your wall!!!!!
  • MFPAddict
    Options

You actually believe your self don't you........Bet you got degrees hangin all over your wall!!!!!

Who is this in response to?
  • bry_all01
    Options

Who is this in response to?

I assumed me, since he already attacked me for defending the OP. But, it really makes no sense, since I just thought what you said was freaking hilarious.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is not related to the original post, but I think it's kind of odd that when one person has a different opinion than the majority of the crowd, everyone attacks said person.

Kind of sad.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I assumed me, since he already attacked me for defending the OP. But, it really makes no sense, since I just thought what you said was freaking hilarious.

Thanks He needs to learn how to use quotes.

I sent you a PM. I hope you read and respond.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    This is not related to the original post, but I think it's kind of odd that when one person has a different opinion than the majority of the crowd, everyone attacks said person.

Kind of sad.

I don't attack or have problems with different opinions I welcome them or I wouldn't have posted a topic.....But having said that....I don't like people questioning my character.....:flowerforyou:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Lol and you obviously didn't get a degree in reading comprehension
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Kind of sad.
    I disagree with people all the time and i rarely get attacked.

(This is me disagreeing with you, thus attacking you. I didn't want you to feel left out)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Thanks He needs to learn how to use quotes.
    The quote function sucks.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Kind of sad.

This happens a lot.