(OPEN) 21 Days No Junk Food Challenge!

Options

Replies

• hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    day 2/21 and things are going very well. I feel the difference - my concentration is improving and I don't feel 'burned out' or like I have 'low blood sugar' unless I haven't eaten in a while. No cheating so far - I had the chance to have a little white rice (which wouldn't have been a disaster) but decided to stay away and ate my curry with boiled spinach instead. It was delicious!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope that you are all doing great.

I had a family crisis yesterday and ended up doing a bit of emotional eating. I still tried to follow this challenge, but I actually forgot about it a couple of times and ate some graham cracker cookies and a handful of tortilla chips.

STILL, this is much better than I would haveh done with junk food on an emotional day like that had it not been for this challenge, so I'm pretty happy with my choices.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that my binge the other night did not derail my weight loss! I was still the same when I weighed myself this morning, yay!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Day 12 here. Have had a couple of nights of blips with chocolate but way less than usual. Still felt crappy about it the next morning so am hoping to get back on track for the rest of the 21 days.
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    I'm still going strong in the challenge! How are you guys doing?
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I'm still going strong in the challenge! How are you guys doing?

Badly for the past 4 nights - really need to get back on track not just for the next week but longterm!
  • shickam062604
    shickam062604 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am doing okay. I have eaten some junk several times, but each time I ate it in moderation and did not over stuff myself. I also counted what I ate in my daily log. I think for me I have managed well. What are some healthy snacks you guys are eating?
  • idauria
    Options
    I didn't have such a great weekend. Ate some chips and chocolate. Getting back on track today though. I feel that as long as I am super cautious during the week I can indulge a little on the weekend, but then again I have the tendency to go overboard. So sometimes it needs to be all or nothing. Sometimes I have the willpower though to say no or to only have a little but other times willpower is nowhere to be found.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Will you do this again November 1? If so, I'm in! This is what I need!
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What a great challenge. I may have to try something similar,
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    The last day of the challenge for me is Sunday!!! Anyone else want to do another cycle after this one is done? I'm going to keep the challenge going, maybe start a new thread for each month as long as folks are interested.

I will be taking a week "off" and then starting back around November 7.
  • idauria
    Options
    I'm going to keep this going for as long as I can. I haven't been perfect but I am trying to make this a more permanent dietary change. If I can eat low sugar/carb 90% of the time and allow myself treats once or twice a week then I think I can do it. If I deprive myself for too long I tend to binge. So far it's working. I have lost 2 pounds since dropping sugar and lowering my carb intake.
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    This is really, really hard - I made it 5 days and then failed and haven't quite been able to get back up on that horse. Soon, soon.
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    For everyone asking, there will be another round in November! Start any time before the 9th to get the full 21 days in!

It could be a good idea to start on November 3, which would make the challenge over by Thanksgiving. :bigsmile:

Then another round before the end-of-the-year holidays!

I will most likely start a new thread for every month, but will post the link here for anyone who wants to re-join or join.

A couple of more days left until round #1 is over!!! LET's DO THIS!!!

I have had a few mistakes here and there with this, but for the most part I have followed this challenge very well, and I know that I made healthier/cleaner choices the last 20-ish days than I would have without this challenge.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    While I didn't completely comply with your rules... Oct 1. 272, Oct 28 261.5. I am very happy with that. Working my way down and the people here are awesome. I just hope I am good with my few weeks in Central America. I will be walking and rafting and hiking but once you get off your schedule I know it is tough. Hoping I come back even with when I leave. I will have no scale with me so I won't know until I am back.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Damn, I'll definitely have to get in on the next one since I only JUST noticed this thread.

I don't tend to eat much junk food but I'd like to try to completely cut it out for a while.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    Damn, I'll definitely have to get in on the next one since I only JUST noticed this thread.

I don't tend to eat much junk food but I'd like to try to completely cut it out for a while.

Kaytee I don't each much junk food either. I considered the rules rather harsh. but I also think it makes you think what you eat. There is nothing wrong with anything in moderation. I had 1 oz of chocolate melted over 1 banana. It satisfied me and the rest is still on the table. Now if I ate 1KG of chocolate it would have been a problem. If you eat pringles every day and get down to 4 times a week I consider that a success.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Kaytee I don't each much junk food either. I considered the rules rather harsh. but I also think it makes you think what you eat. There is nothing wrong with anything in moderation. I had 1 oz of chocolate melted over 1 banana. It satisfied me and the rest is still on the table. Now if I ate 1KG of chocolate it would have been a problem. If you eat pringles every day and get down to 4 times a week I consider that a success.

The problem is lately I'm doing too much "Well, I rarely ever eat it so I'll have some now" and end up eating more than I should. Or making that exception way more often than I should. I just kind of want to restart and try going to nothing and then building back up to once in a while. But I'm starting to have a harder time saying no...
  • neonshii
    Options
    I'm game for this challenge even if it's like a year ago! Game on!

By the way, is the Chinese pansit fast food? Thanks! :)