(OPEN) 21 Days No Junk Food Challenge!

Options

Replies

• VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3/21 for me, and I'm pretty confident that it's going to be a good day! :heart:

My late-night-sugar cravings were already better by last night, and I'm hoping that they will be even better tonight!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My favorite dessert replacement is cottage cheese with grapes and a few walnuts. Or natural apple sauce and some pineapple. When I am eating clean, it is as good as ice cream!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Tues was a No- go for me I'm at 5/21.

jlemoore I love cottage cheese and fruit also. :smile:

Here's to healthy choices today for everyone :drinker:
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am at day 4 and last night sugar cravings were really bad. Made two baked apples (2 apples sliced, sprayed with cooking spray, and topped with spenda, 2 unpacked tsps of brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg). Totally did the job and I got 2 fruit servings in. Sticking to fruit for my sweet fix so far, which is helping me through.

Good to know about popcorn. I might have some tonight.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Minor slip last night and ate 1.5 muesli bars. Not too worried as I a still up to day 4 without chocolate which is my real focus.
  • barbdip
    barbdip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 2 argh it is hard but I feel better~!
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Everyone doing okay today? So far, my day 3 is pretty good.

I did have some carb/sugar cravings at lunch, and ate too much wheat bread... but I'm over it, and am moving on!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Day 3 going well! I'm not even doing too badly craving wise but I know it's coming since it will be my TOM very soon. That will be hard. I want to eat sweet and carby so it will be a challenge!
  • nat102
    nat102 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    day 3 for me.. so far it's been MUCH easier than i thought.. been eating lots of fruit and veggies.. and weirdly haven't been giving much thought to food.

gonna go have some frozen mango for dessert YUMM!

oh and yesterday i put cinnamon in my low fat vanilla yogurt and it was like cinnamon bun icing without the bad stuff.. seriously you must try!
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    First 2 days for me were "ok" - made it through. HOWEVER, day 3 was a bust! A friend @ work just came back from a trip to Florida and brought back a big box of saltwater taffy. Before I could catch myself, I had already eaten 4 of them! Grrrrrr! Tomorrow, I start again.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'll join.

Oh, I just lost. Flexible dieting > strict. Proven fact. Learn moderation for your sake.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo missing chocolate today - day 4. Not sure I will make it to day 21. But if I do I know I am going to go back to eating it on day 22.
  • GreenGablesJes
    Options
    this challenge seems like something i need to do! i've been in a slump and think it's because i've let go on some of my eating habits. working in a senior assisted place doesn't help with all the junk food lying around in the residents rooms. I used to have a few pieces of dark chocolate in my purse to keep if i have a craving for junk food and that seemed to work for a week or two. so I am going to keep chocolate (dark kind) in it though to replace when i have a craving for anything else that's bad on the list. and see how this goes! boy the coworkers think i'm crazy giving up dairy and all the "weird" food i eat! haha now they are going to think i'm really weird cutting out junk food! haha
  • jlemoore
    Options
    Day 4 of the challenge and 11 days of pretty clean eating. Things are going well. But I can see on my calendar that it is going to take a turn as my monthly is due. Any suggestions out there?
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Wed 6/21:smile:
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Today is 4/21 for me! Last night was not so good. But today is a new day, and I'm determined to eat clean and healthy foods.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Ok, day 4 for me and the cravings are starting to hit me. I'm resolving to stay strong and consciously make healthy choices. What is everyone else doing to battle the cravings?
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Today is day 5/21 for me! How is everyone doing so far?
  • jlemoore
    Options
    Today is day 5/21 for me! How is everyone doing so far?

Having a fabulous week! Yesterday I had both lunch and dinner out and I was able to choose good healthy meals and stay within my calorie range.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Thurs still at 6/21