South Beach Diet Support and Chat Thread!

Options

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I am totally grouchy today!! UGH!! Michael and I almost argued this morning and that is sooo not like us... my fault totally for getting defensive over something absolutely stupid. Still trying to pull out of this funk.... Hopefully it'll pass and I feel better. I have to run tomorrow am and I already don't feel like it LOL so that's not good, but I'll get booted out of bed anyway.

But I was excited this morning about seeing the 3.6lb loss.... I cheated and jumped back after using the restroom and not wearing my tshirt and it was down a full 4 exactly LOL. But I'm just going to leave it at 3.6 so I feel better next time I jump on.

Looking forward to grilled pork loin and sauteed summer squash and zucchini for dinner tonight. Packed a salad with chicken breast on top for lunch and it is absolutely unappealing at this moment. Can you tell I'm grumpy? :grumble:

haha...the salads were the worst part for me too!! I sooo get tired of salad EVERY DAY! I substituted some days for sauteed veggies or home made veggie soup. :0)
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    How's everybody doing? I'm struggling today! BLAH!! Caved in to a fun size snickers...eww..

Planning the rest of the day so this doesn't happen again.
  • gpnon
    gpnon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Karen and I just started SBD today! Have had a good day so far, even went for a 2 mile walk/jog this morning, but I always start with a bang and usually fizzle. I have done SBD in the past but fizzled after phase 1. :smile: Maybe we can encourage one another!
  • gpnon
    gpnon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started today. Good luck!
  • laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started today as well...just trying to mix my diet up a bit and had good results with SBD before. Good Luck everyone...I'll be checking back in :)
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello everyone. :) My name is Noelle. I started Atkins last wed (the 5th I believe) Then decided that South beach sounded healthier. Ive done atkins before, but never SB. Im excited. I have so many more foods I can eat I feel like Im cheating LOL!!!!
    Loving the idea of having some support though. Feel free to friend me, as Im new to myfitnesspal and dont have many on here to keep me in line. ;)
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Just starting SBD today. Had a great egg/ham/veggie scramble this morning and some milk and almonds after my workout. I'm trying to do this on my own (and through using the website). If I can follow it 75% of the time, I'll be happy! Good luck everyone.
  • noeys
    Options
    Ok I have a question. I have a friend who is doing SBD and has done it in the past, and she is saying that we need to limit cheese, and really shouldnt have much dairy??? Anyone else heard that????
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Did SB a few years ago and had some sucess. I'm at a plateau right now, so I'm thinking about starting again to jump start my weight loss. I think it's a great idea having this forum!
    Can someone remind me...how long does Phase 1 last?
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Does anybody know what the percentage ratio is for South Beach ie 40% carbs 30% Protein 30% fat for P2 & maintance etc? thanks:smile:
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thinking of starting SB again. Did it about 8 years ago with some good results. I think i need some structure in my diet and with the food already planned I think it will be a good start for me.
  • ISalazar16
    ISalazar16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ok I confess!!! I fell off the wagon...but I see so much support here that I will be back on track tomorrow morning. Need all the support I can get....I can't seem to find a motivation this time around. I need to be accountable to someone...want to be my buddy?
  • Schuyler
    Options
    Ok I have a question. I have a friend who is doing SBD and has done it in the past, and she is saying that we need to limit cheese, and really shouldnt have much dairy??? Anyone else heard that????

The book says no more than 2 cups of dairy a day, including yogurt -- but they say that cheese is considered a protein, not a dairy. I'd say no more than 2 servings of that either. And remember that you want the reduced or fat free.
  • Schuyler
    Options
    Did SB a few years ago and had some sucess. I'm at a plateau right now, so I'm thinking about starting again to jump start my weight loss. I think it's a great idea having this forum!
    Can someone remind me...how long does Phase 1 last?

Phase 1 lasts 2 weeks.
  • laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    3rd day of phase 1 and I had a turkey burger patty smothered in tomatoes and onions with asparagus and mock mashed potatoes using cauliflower (used lowfat ricotta, seasoning, olive oil and roasted garlic in the mash) and it was SSSOO good!! I hope this is all on plan because I'm a little overwhelmed by all the "can't have, can have" lists.

Another perk-I used a belt today for the first time in.................yeah I can't remember LOL I feel I've lost a lot of water weight so I'll take that for now.

I have to admit that I am a little concerned about my calorie intake. I did a little better today but I have yet to even break the 1,000 calorie mark although I am always eating. I know I eating really good nutritionally dense food but isn't it still bad to eat less than 1,200 calories a day? Or am I missing something???
  • noeys
    Options
    Ok I confess!!! I fell off the wagon...but I see so much support here that I will be back on track tomorrow morning. Need all the support I can get....I can't seem to find a motivation this time around. I need to be accountable to someone...want to be my buddy?

you can do it!! Just dust yourself off, and get back up there. :)
  • katieruns
    Options
    3rd day of phase 1 and I had a turkey burger patty smothered in tomatoes and onions with asparagus and mock mashed potatoes using cauliflower (used lowfat ricotta, seasoning, olive oil and roasted garlic in the mash) and it was SSSOO good!! I hope this is all on plan because I'm a little overwhelmed by all the "can't have, can have" lists.

Another perk-I used a belt today for the first time in.................yeah I can't remember LOL I feel I've lost a lot of water weight so I'll take that for now.

I have to admit that I am a little concerned about my calorie intake. I did a little better today but I have yet to even break the 1,000 calorie mark although I am always eating. I know I eating really good nutritionally dense food but isn't it still bad to eat less than 1,200 calories a day? Or am I missing something???

Ohhh can I have the recipe for those mashed cauliflower... I have it sitting in my veggie drawer but haven't done anything with it yet!!!!
  • katieruns
    Options
    OK So my total at this point is 10 lost. I am midway through my second week. I sort of fell off the wagon today and had a piece of toast with peanut butter, an small apple with cheese, creamer in my coffee (that was the lowest amount of carbs at 8 :embarassed: ) but my run this morning really just kicked my tail.

I am trying to convince myself it isn't too bad since I have stuck to at least healthy carbs and not junk food this morning. But the rest of my meals today are carb free. My lunch is a pork chop and sauteed asparagus, and dinner tonight is corned beef with celery, onions, cabbage, and spices. :):):) YUM!!!
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    Hey all South Beach Dieters!
    I have a question for you all.... when on SBD, were you always under your calorie goal.... like way under?