South Beach Diet Support and Chat Thread!

Options

Replies

• laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    3rd day of phase 1 and I had a turkey burger patty smothered in tomatoes and onions with asparagus and mock mashed potatoes using cauliflower (used lowfat ricotta, seasoning, olive oil and roasted garlic in the mash) and it was SSSOO good!! I hope this is all on plan because I'm a little overwhelmed by all the "can't have, can have" lists.

Another perk-I used a belt today for the first time in.................yeah I can't remember LOL I feel I've lost a lot of water weight so I'll take that for now.

I have to admit that I am a little concerned about my calorie intake. I did a little better today but I have yet to even break the 1,000 calorie mark although I am always eating. I know I eating really good nutritionally dense food but isn't it still bad to eat less than 1,200 calories a day? Or am I missing something???

Ohhh can I have the recipe for those mashed cauliflower... I have it sitting in my veggie drawer but haven't done anything with it yet!!!!

Sure..I don't have an exact recipe but it's easy enough to follow

Ingredients
    1 head of cauliflower
    1 tbsp cream cheese (I used lowfat ricotta and it still was yummy)
    1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (I used the grated stuff and it worked out fine)
    1 tbsp olive oil
    Minced garlic
    Seasoning to taste

Directions
    Boil cauliflower until tender (about 6 minutes) and place in colander to drain. Roast garlic in separate pan if you want to add it to the mix. Pat the cauliflower dry and while still warm place in food processor (I mashed it like I would homemade mashed potatoes in a pot) with seasoning,roasted garlic, olive oil, cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Done! I added a splash of lowfat milk just to make it a little more creamy but that was it.

Enjoy!
  • laroja1110
    laroja1110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey all South Beach Dieters!
    I have a question for you all.... when on SBD, were you always under your calorie goal.... like way under?

I'm wondering the SAME thing. I'm usually about 400-500 calories below each day but I am on Phase 1. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet because I'm definitely not starving **shrug**
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    My calories are always way under too.
    I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because the past 3 days I havent lost anything. I THINK Im following the plan properly, and Im eating like 1200-1400 cals a day, and exercising, so I should be losing even if Im NOT doing southbeach right...... I know I know weighing daily is bad.... but I was hoping to see BIG losses. :(
  • FranKatzenjammer2
    Options
    Hi there,

Starting south beach for the third time today, for some reason I always do really well through phase 1 and then as soon as phase 2 hits I go off the rails...but I also find that my appetite after phase 1 is sooooooooo much smaller so I'm excited to stick to it this time!
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    Yeah I'm the exact same way... phase 1... not starving...yet way under my calorie goal. hmmmm interesting let me know what your results are and I'll do the same and we can see if it's working :)
    I have a question for you all.... when on SBD, were you always under your calorie goal.... like way under?

I'm wondering the SAME thing. I'm usually about 400-500 calories below each day but I am on Phase 1. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing yet because I'm definitely not starving **shrug**
  • Bella_Ragazza
    Bella_Ragazza Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone -
    I am starting the SBD this coming Saturday. I would love to compare notes and chat with you on this thread.
    I have a lot of weight to lose but I'm only focusing on 10 lbs at a time. So, it doesn't seem as overwhelming this time around. I've tried to lose weight for about 3 years now but I just keep falling off the wagon. I'm hoping the SBD will help me create the permanent lifestyle change I'm looking for. Feel free to friend me, if you need encouragement and support.
    Have a great evening!
    Happy
  • amyrenee726
    Options
    I started sbd and mfp this past Sunday and have lost 6.5 lb in 4 days. I'm still suffering with late evening hunger but ishould just get to sleep sooner I think. Good luck everyone! I think it would be fun to compare notes on using both with a group.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Welcome to the group everyone! :0)

I went on vacation and need to start back on Phase 1! ugh... I was happy to be 7 pounds lighter at the beach though! :0)

How's everyone doing? :0)
  • mn2italy
    mn2italy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started Phase 1 today. I did SB two years ago and had good success. I lost 15 pounds and kept it off for a year. But then I started eating junk again (cookies, donuts, chips, ice cream) and I gained 10 pounds back. I've been trying to lose weight by counting calories and exercising, but I haven't lost a single pound yet even though I'm staying close to my calorie goal. So I'm back on SB!

I love eggs, but I do remember getting sick of them by the end of week 2 last time, so I'm going to try and vary my morning eggs a little bit each day. Today I tossed in red onions, green and red bell peppers, and feta. Yummy!
  • Lovenvrfails
    Options
    Im starting today as well on SBD. Really excited to meet everyone on the thread :)
  • mn2italy
    mn2italy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So the first time I did SB, I wasn't counting calories. This time I am, and for the last two days I've been 200+ calories short of my goal. This seems like way too few calories. For the other people who've had this issue, what did you do? Increase portions for snacks or meals? I'm kind of thinking I'm not making large enough meals. Interested in hearing other people's thoughts. TIA!

• Bella_Ragazza
    Bella_Ragazza Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When a SBD meal calls for an omlet - how many eggs would that be?
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I would love to join you! My boyfriend and I are planning on starting SB again tomorrow. We have done it together last year and it went pretty well. He lost about 14lbs and I about 12lbs. We never moved on to phase 2 though. We kind of stayed on phase 1. And I think maybe we kind of felt as if we are safe now and then slowly drifted back into bad eating. So now we are starting back over. I feel like have learned a lot in the past year in regards to nutrition and so I feel more confident to be able to move through the different phases and hopefully to keep the wait off long term. I have to say that even though we did not stick to the plan the weight stayed off a long time and it came back on very slowly! I like SB very much and think it is a great diet. I recently tried the 17 Day Diet which is quite a similar principle. I liked it and I did lose but I just felt as if I have to remember too many things. SB just seems a bit more straight forward.

It would be great to have a group as support to share the journey with!

All the best

Daisy
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still active on this thread?

Daisy
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    So the first time I did SB, I wasn't counting calories. This time I am, and for the last two days I've been 200+ calories short of my goal. This seems like way too few calories. For the other people who've had this issue, what did you do? Increase portions for snacks or meals? I'm kind of thinking I'm not making large enough meals. Interested in hearing other people's thoughts. TIA!

I stopped doing it cause I didnt lose a single pound in the 2 week first phase!!! Can you believe that???? I think it was TOO low calorie and my body freaked out! :(
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Anyone still active on this thread?
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just finished week one of SB, I lost 11.7 pounds this week. I am well aware that this is a lot of water weight however it was a real boost to see. I have used this site off and on for 2 years and this is the first time I have ever seen results like this. I am never hungry, the first day was the hardest and it was mental not physical. My mom has been suing SB for the last 8 motnhs to take off weight in order to make the transplant list. She has lost 60 pounds and still losing.

The first time I tried this I lost nothing, in looking back I really did not eat as described, I way over did the portions and never let my body tell me I was full. Loving this program!!!!
  • kstewart1215
    kstewart1215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I first did South Beach back in Aug 2005. I lost 9 1/2 pounds in the first 2 weeks on Phase 1 and continued with success after that. I have now pretty much been holding around my goal weight & even lower (which was a dream) for over 5 years! I used SB to pretty much change how I & my family eat, not just as a 'diet' but as an everyday lifestyle & I am a huge advocate! It is healthy eating, with lots of food! It has helped me maintain when I need to drop a couple pounds after creeping up - just hop back on Phase 1 for a couple of days. I started at 155 and am now 134. I encourage you all to stick with it because over time it really works. You can easily pick meals in restaurants that are good on this plan too! Good luck!
    Note: I found all the recipe books on Amazon extremely cheaply...and have them all! I also use them for appetizers when going to party's etc so I know there is at least 1 thing I can eat! :)
  • Aireyma
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday! I'm excited!!

This thread is a great idea! I love how supportive everyone is and the tips are great!!
  • muzio
    muzio Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    any beachers feel free to add me as a friend! i started sbd back in january 2011, and after a 3 month hiatus, i'm back on the wagon... mostly.