for guys... When you see a girl with limited clothing on..

I was talking to my cousin the other day about how i wish girls would wear more clothing because its very disrespectful to themselves and to other people and he agreed. He told me that whenever he sees a pretty girl with a short dress, skirt or shorts, and/or a revealing top, he cant help but think dirty thoughts about her and he didnt want to have those thoughts as he is in a serious relationship with his girlfriend. I asked him if every guy thought like that and he told me most of them do.

so this leads me to ask for you fella's honest response... when you see a girl thats in revealing clothing, do you think nasty thoughts, or do you just think oh shes hot and move on?

Replies

• StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 309 Member
    I'm a girl, but I am wondering what "dirty" thoughts are..........
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    I'm calling BS on what he said, I doubt guys HAVE to think nasty thoughts. But, as someone who can appreciate the beauty of another female, I think there's a right way of being sexy and a wrong way. Showing a little back, showing off your shoulders, or showing off a little leg goes a long way. If you wear teensy little shorts and a tight, low cut shirt, there's nothing left to the imagination.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    I usually think they are hot followed by some brief dirty thoughts.. then it's out of sight out of mind.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Depends on a lot of circumstances for me. Generally, no I usually think how hot the woman is and then she's just another thought.
  • chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    For me, it depends on the clothes she is wearing...if she has skimpy and trying to get noticed attention, she could be just a player and a big turn off...if it is tastefully worn, i will look and if my wife is with me, ill point her out to my wife and get her feedback.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Some times in the clothing department, more is less. A beautiful woman dressed elegantly is by far more going to catch my eye if I am looking for some one to start a relationship. But if a woman is dressed in revealing clothing....while I don't make assumptions about promiscuity and she can be very hot, I don't generally go for it. With the exception of beach wear of course. Playing a little hard to get never hurt, but I do appreciate that I no longer have to go to strip clubs to see half naked ladies. In the end, no matter the look, it's all gonna come down to how she acts, at least in my case.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    You did pass on the brownie points to his girlfriend, right?
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    i have a feeling you're going to get ripped a new one by all the ladies of MFP who don't live in the 1800's.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    I know for a fact my guy barely looks at women that way anyway... but I also know he's weird.

I on the other hand, would either be looking at her and thinking the dirty thoughts if she looked sexy, or if it was too much shown and not enough left to my imagination, I'd wonder if the poor girl was cold!
  • asmodeon
    asmodeon Posts: 5 Member
    I personally find my wife incredibly sexy with clothes on, and the more "revealing" an outfit is usually doesn't catch my eye. It's what it does to her to accent various traits that she has that catches my attention.

When I was a single guy I would say that I was a little turned off by the lack of clothing on girls and or women, but it depended on how "trashy" we are talking. If a woman is comfortable with her body and wants to show some skin, I say good for you and go for it. But it CAN be overdone and just become a sideshow.

The bottom line is this: Men, not boys - MEN, can sense a woman's comfort level with herself and THAT is what makes anything sexy or whatever. I have no idea why I decided to comment on this as I am making NO sense whatsoever, but I wanted to stand up and say that not ALL guys immediately start to think about sex when they see a freak show walking past them...some of us simply shake our heads and wonder "what inner turmoil are you really hiding dressing like that?"
  • shaj316
    shaj316 Posts: 161
    ... when you see a girl thats in revealing clothing, do you think nasty thoughts, or do you just think oh shes hot and move on?

This is absurd...guys wouldn't do this...that's as crazy as a guy's first thought being "I'd do her" when he sees a girl. Never happens. ;-)
  • little_gothic_girl
    little_gothic_girl Posts: 22 Member
    I completely agree... on all counts... (with BrittanyJean) if guys had uncontrollable nasty thoughts every time they saw a girl in a short dress... nothing would get done... ever... i live in the south and in the summer there is a lot of skin, but i go places with my guy friends and they may check a girl out, but they are not so distracted they cant look away after a fraction of a second.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Definitely aome times its nice to leave some to the imagination. Like a sexy but professional business suit or oufit. Ot nice jeans top etc. But gotta say, bikini's are pretty nice too!

All in context and dress fornthe occassion helps.

Trashy isnt ideal.
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    When I see a girl wearing a short dress, I think......whats under that dress? Its probably your normal cotton panties but what if its a sexy thong or maybe something cool that I don't even know about!
  • think oh shes hot and move on
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,343 Member
    ... when you see a girl thats in revealing clothing, do you think nasty thoughts, or do you just think oh shes hot and move on?

This is absurd...guys wouldn't do this...that's as crazy as a guy's first thought being "I'd do her" when he sees a girl. Never happens. ;-)

LOL
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Ummm....as to the guys not having trashy thoughts. Well, I guess it depends on the Testosterone level of the guy. I definately notice. Not gonna say I don't. I've noticed since I was 12. But I notice nicely dressed, beautiful women as well, so the point is moot.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member

so this leads me to ask for you fella's honest response... when you see a girl thats in revealing clothing, do you think nasty thoughts, or do you just think oh shes hot and move on?

all of the above but in this order: hot, nasty thoughts, move on.
  • Three answers;
    1. What you tell your wife/gf.
    2. What you post on these boards (according to what image you want to portray).
    3. The truth.

Every guy that sees a sexy girl in sexy clothes has a "what if..." scenario through their mind.

Just as every girl who sees their image of what they consider a hot guy has a "what if.." thought.

It's how one acts on their thoughts that is relevant.
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    i have a feeling you're going to get ripped a new one by all the ladies of MFP who don't live in the 1800's.
    Bingo!

It's so hard not being a Puritan these days. Especially in the States where crap like this actually seems to matter. How a guy reacts to a woman's style of dress shouldn't matter. The only thing that should matter is being comfortable in what you're wearing. If you're uncomfortable with what someone else is wearing then you should confront YOURSELF about that and analyse why. The probability is high that, if you're a rational being, you will conclude that you have no logical reason for being uncomfortable with another person's style of dress.

Cheers,

Candy