Ladies: Why so catty?

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
I've noticed this on here more than even in real life. it's interesting to see.

Men aren't like this and never have been. A man doesn't look at a man in affliction shirt and say "oh that man slut, he's just showing off"
A man doesn't like another man and there is hitting involved, then a beer.

Some ladies will just talk about eachother forever. How'd it get like this?

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Yes, this I want to see
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Perhaps they are less likely to just throw down because of their manicures? :laugh: :tongue:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The only thing I ever say about a lady is "how can she be so pretty?" then I will say outloud to that lady "you are beautiful!"

I think this is part of my low self esteem, always comparing myself. I have never once caught myself thinking negatively about other people

well, other than like 'why would that idiot get in my lane so close! grrr can't drive!' and the such as that ;) but never personal remarks

I cannot imagine living like that. Putting down other folks? why?
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Psychological warfare vs physical warfare.

Both suck.

People should just grow up, honestly.

Just my two cents.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I will all was wonder this.... Ive never being part of the "in crowd"...
  • Twins2007
    Twins2007 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Not sure...

Women have always been each other enemies....But every once in a while we let our barriers down and make the best of friends...

Sex and the city anyone?

Elissa ;)
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with jealousy and low self esteem. When you're ok with yourself and your world, you just don't care as much about what others look like/do/say.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I tend to be better able to be friends with guys I think because of this. A - I get offended easily, and B, for some reason somehow it seems men relate in a more easygoing way than women do (in general).

It could be me though because there are lots of women who have a ton of women friends... maybe I just lack the right personality.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    men just don't give a *kitten*!
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Psychological warfare vs physical warfare.

Both suck.

People should just grow up, honestly.

Just my two cents.

I totally agree. I just can't stand the way I see women tear each other down.
    (the man thing was mostly trying to have humor)
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    you being a woman, wouldnt you know the answer already?

oh yea, its definitly low self esteem. Confident woman I know from fact dont feel the need to get caught up in such behavior
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Men do it too. I hear my husband trash talking people ALL THE TIME. I also have a male coworker who rarely speaks, but when he does, it's usually filled with juicy bits of gossip. It's rarely anything relevant to his own life.

I'm not going to lie and say women aren't catty, but to pretend that it's an issue that is exclusive to us is naive.
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    That is actually something that I have studied and it all centers around insecurity. The cattier one woman is towards another, the better that other woman is at something she wants to do/accomplish. If you are an accountant, you are less likely to be catty/ugly towards a woman who excels in science. Why? Because that is not your specialty. Put two female accountants together, doing the same job, and watch the claws come out.

Women find it difficult to look for the good in another woman that does what she does, only better. I actually strive to look for the good in other women because you never know exactly when that other woman can impart something amazing into your life. It is a struggle, sometimes a daily one, however it is possible to see past yourself and like someone that you otherwise wouldn't.

IMHO
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Absolutely....women are vicious!! Some women are jealous of what another woman has that they dont! Its sooo sad! That is why I prefer the male species, they aren't catty!!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Men do it too. I hear my husband trash talking people ALL THE TIME. I also have a male coworker who rarely speaks, but when he does, it's usually filled with juicy bits of gossip. It's rarely anything relevant to his own life.

I'm not going to lie and say women aren't catty, but to pretend that it's an issue that is exclusive to us is naive.

And I do have to agree with this. The men in my office are gossip queens. Wanna know something? Ask them. Women will knit pick at things all the time, but men can be just as catty and gossip driven as women.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Perhaps they are less likely to just throw down because of their manicures? :laugh: :tongue:

I thought OMG this guy look like LL! Was drooling! LOL!!!
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    you being a woman, wouldnt you know the answer already?

oh yea, its definitly low self esteem. Confident woman I know from fact dont feel the need to get caught up in such behavior

I'm not all that catty. This is probably why I never fit in lol
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It is all kind of silly but society has decreed a mans success is based on his achievements and a ladys based on her looks.
    We are both in a constant state of competition but with a guy it isn`t as much with another individual as it is an overall financial/social status.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Here's to not fitting in and not being a catty bish. Here here!! :drinker:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

I thought OMG this guy look like LL! Was drooling! LOL!!!

I used a picture of someone less attractive than myself so I don't get hit on too much