Ladies: Why so catty?

Options

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    namecalling is a form of jealousy in that regard.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The answer is obvious.

It's cos women are nuttier than a squirrel's fridge. Men still love you nutjobs though. That's probably why we die sooner...
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    "Hey Generalisation, why so generalisation?"

well that's kind of a catty way to not answer this question. ;)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with:

Until recently women couldn't throw down and hash out an issue, women were taught how to be passive aggressive and how to be politely pointed and cruel. It's not our fault, men wouldn't let us dual, let's blame them.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If I can sense a thread is going in the "catty" direction, I don't participate. I shall participate if there are intelligible debates, funny threads, success stories, sound advice, or if it can be construed into something perverted.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Defense mechanism.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The yeast infection is to make women realize what its like to live with an annoying c-u-n-t

I am so stealing that...

Why do men fart more than women?
    Because women can't shut up long enough to build up the required pressure.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    not all women are like this, and i do believe that it has something to do with self-esteem and bringing others down to make one feel better about themselves, but i also think it's just a personality thing with some women. i'd have a homegirl who i'd hang out with, and she wasn't a small women by anymeans, (but beautiful nonetheless) but had something to say about every big woman that came into the room. and most of it wasn't even well thought out insults so much as she just had to say SOMEthing..idk.. my self esteem leaves a lot to be desired at times, but i get down on myself not others. just depends i guess.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Men do it too. I hear my husband trash talking people ALL THE TIME. I also have a male coworker who rarely speaks, but when he does, it's usually filled with juicy bits of gossip. It's rarely anything relevant to his own life.

I'm not going to lie and say women aren't catty, but to pretend that it's an issue that is exclusive to us is naive.

And I do have to agree with this. The men in my office are gossip queens. Wanna know something? Ask them. Women will knit pick at things all the time, but men can be just as catty and gossip driven as women.

Yep...we do.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i think that you all fail to see the point here. that b!tch is WRONG and i am RIGHT.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to draw a line between genders in terms of behavior, because I don't believe that personality traits are dependent on gender. Some women are catty, as are some men. It stems from insecurity sometimes, but it is also a way to express dislike of somebody without confronting them.

People are weird and flawed. All of us.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    it stems from insecurity sometimes, but it is also a way to express dislike of somebody without confronting them.

yes! passive aggression for 500 alex!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    And I totlaly agree not every woman does it. It's just so dissapointing ot se at all.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    i worked in a workshop of over 60 men before and ive never met such a bunch of b*tches in my life.

the idea that its a female thing is a myth.
    some women do it, some men do it

lots of people dont

YES...THIS^^^^^^!!! The biggest b8tch in my life is a male co-worker!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Its simple....WE ARE *****ES! WE DO NOT LIKE COMPETITION OF ANY KIND. We love attention, BUT NOT TO MUCH BECAASUE THEN THATS smoothering US...WE LIKE TO BE TOLD WE ARE SEXY AND PRETTY BUT DONT GET TOO MUSHY...WE WE HAVE A KIND SOLE BUT DONT LET IT SHOW because that would mean we are weak . WE CAN FIX THINGS OURSELVES BUT AT LEAST HELP US AND MAKE AN ATTEMPT > SEE WE ARE JUST A CONMPLETE MESS AND EACH AND EVERY ONE US ARE THAT WAY AT SOME POINT IN TIME!

We are just a different breed!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    We are just a different breed!

Want to make some mutts together? :wink:
  • Jbstumpe
    Options
    I never insult my own dignity by willingly throwing myself at a woman lesser than myself. I'm a smart alec, yes, and I could be a bit less blunt-but when it comes down to it a lot of people just can't pick their fights right. My solution is to look them straight in the eye (knowing I learned Kenpo from my Cousin) and ask them to hit me; they'll either realize how childish they are, they'll know how confident you are and begin to like you, or they'll hit you (in which case I usually own them anyway). I'm no Cat...'cept at parties ;)
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    "Hey Generalisation, why so generalisation?"

well that's kind of a catty way to not answer this question. ;)

I prefer 'sarcasm' ;)
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I never insult my own dignity by willingly throwing myself at a woman lesser than myself. I'm a smart alec, yes, and I could be a bit less blunt-but when it comes down to it a lot of people just can't pick their fights right. My solution is to look them straight in the eye (knowing I learned Kenpo from my Cousin) and ask them to hit me; they'll either realize how childish they are, they'll know how confident you are and begin to like you, or they'll hit you (in which case I usually own them anyway). I'm no Cat...'cept at parties ;)

That will go over great in the workplace. Good luck. :laugh:
  • Jbstumpe
    Options

That will go over great in the workplace. Good luck. :laugh:

I would never work with people I would ever need to get smart with, so it's not an option ^_^