Stupid questions you hear in prison

Options
jmatthews75
jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
For those of you out there that don't work in the prison, this is a good way for you to see just how stupid some people are. If you are the type of person that is offended by this as a loved one may be in jail, maybe you should have been more concerened and tried to help them before they went to jail than you are now about me making fun of the stupid questions they ask...

CO, ie Corrections Officer, they call us CO....

CO, is it going to rain today? They have TV's in the unit and watch the news every morning, I am in an office with no tv... so how would I know if it is going to rain.
CO... Whats for lunch today? They have menu's posted for their food, comes out two weeks at a time... So when I say what I might be having for lunch that day, they say oh, thats not what it said on the menu, if they read the menu, why did they ask me?

Replies

• kaycee526
    kaycee526 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    try being a female nurse in the department of corrections....trust me, i KNOW what you talking about!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Those seem like totally normal questions to me...

am i the only one who thinks that?
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    lmfao thats great :P
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Looks like they're testing the waters.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Lmao! Tell me why we're not friend's yet!!!
  • jmatthews75
    Options
    No, they know not to test the waters, Jason's universal answer for every question asked is NO. Quite simple, How great is this job when no matter what they ask, you can just say NO.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    No, they know not to test the waters, Jason's universal answer for every question asked is NO. Quite simple, How great is this job when no matter what they ask, you can just say NO.

dont you have people to count?
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My fav's are " Hey Boss, what time is gym / dinner / yard?"
    I usually ask them right back....Your in the know...what time was it yesterday??? After 6 years of going to the same prison, 4 days on 4 days off I never fail to laugh at someone!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lmao! Tell me why we're not friend's yet!!!
    No kidding!!! LOL
  • jmatthews75
    Options

Duh,,, we counted at midnight like you don't know that baldy...
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

Duh,,, we counted at midnight like you don't know that baldy...

lmfao
  • jmatthews75
    Options
    Ok, maybe they aren't all that dumb of questions to the normal person, but when you get asked the same stuff every day by the same people, your ability to not be annoyed over them just goes away...
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    I work in a residential alternative to detention program with juveniles and it seems they have the same questions! The attitudes and questions can be very irritating :)
  • jmatthews75
    Options
    I work in a residential alternative to detention program with juveniles and it seems they have the same questions! The attitudes and questions can be very irritating :)

Looks like they are getting ready for future life, the questions are all the same. Great, Job security for me...
  • Whitneylol
    Options

Looks like they are getting ready for future life, the questions are all the same. Great, Job security for me...

LOL yes. Sad but true. The youth I work with are mainly inner city kids, so statistics aren't exactly encouraging, sadly.
  • kaycee526
    Options

I have said for a long time....stupid people doing stupid things is job security for me
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I work out in the field so you know what kind of people I get to deal with. Sometimes I wish they had a ticket we could just give for plain stupidity when no laws are broken.
  • kaycee526
    Options
    I work out in the field so you know what kind of people I get to deal with. Sometimes I wish they had a ticket we could just give for plain stupidity when no laws are broken.

It exists.....Bill Engvall's "heres your sign"
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I wouldn't have room in my squad for enough signs........
  • kaycee526
    Options

I wouldn't have room in my squad for enough signs........

This is a very valid point you have....maybe some lil mini signs?