What have you completely given up?

Options
Are there things you have given up or are wanting to give up? What are they?

I have completely given up soda. It's been a long time since I've had any. I've also given up all white flour, I only use whole wheat, I do not buy sugar unless it's raw, honey or agave, no artificial sweeteners and VERY little processed foods with the exception of cheese and stuff like that (because I don't know what else to get:) I really want to give up sweets altogether but it's really tough for me.

Replies

• runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Definitely soda. I had my first Coke in six months about a week ago, and the combination of the sugar rush and caffeine high kept me up literally ALL NIGHT. Yikes. A cup of coffee in the morning is something I'll never part with--I think it's the sugar of soda that affects me so adversely.

Also, most frozen foods. I used to live on stuff like chicken nuggets and Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese, but honestly, it's expensive and unfulfilling. I stock up on fresh fruit and vegetables instead. Yeah, it takes more time to cook and stuff, but the trade-off is worth it.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    I gave up cream, caramel and condensed milk =(
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Pork scratchings and a couple of bottles of beer watching TV on a Sunday afternoon :drinker:
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    soda, alcohol and meat :) I really like giving things up :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean"
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    COMPLETELY GIVEN UP:
    french fries
    onion rings
    cookies
    ice cream
    cake
    soda
    sugary juices
    white rice
    red meats
    anything dairy (lactose intolerant) but i have almond milk
  • Maverik2
    Maverik2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pizza, Twinkies, Snickers, Cheese Doodles & Beef Hot Dogs
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Well, many things actually, but the one that hurts the most...Oreo cookies :( I haven't had one in almost 4 years. It's definitely a trigger food for me and I would eat the whole bag.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, Cashews. I eat a bit of everything once in a blue moon but if I get a can of Cashews I can't get enough and end up eating my entire days worth of calories in a few handfuls.

*edited for typo*
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean"

I second this motion.

Do I hear a 3rd and final on the motion?
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Soda, alcohol, and trying to give up other things too.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Bread even though most of what I ate was wholemeal.

I didn't consciously give it up, it just kinda happened that way. I still eat a tiny amount but I could go for days without eating any.

I ate some white sliced bread last week late at night and I was very bloated/crampy the next day.

What else?? I haven't really given up anything else to be honest. I believe most things in moderation. I'd go la-la without some chocolate, biscuit every now and again.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    sugar, fast food, and processed foods!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean"

I second this motion.

3rd and final. Motion passed.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Eating "clean"

I second this motion.

If i ever had eaten clean, I'd third it!

Haven't given up anything, no need to :)

EDIT: Damn you Contrarian! :P
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nothing - everything in moderation. That's what this makes MFP sustainable!:tongue:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Splenda or sweetners or sugar in coffee. Same with milk and cream. Just black right outta the pot.

Soda ...and if i do, onlu natual soda. No chemicals.

A lot of gluten.
  • azzledazzle
    Options
    I havent really gave up anything, I have just lowered the amount i consume.

The biggest thing i have reduced is Milk. I love it, i would drink 4+ pints a day, I had to have it first thing in the morning, And it was essential i had it before bed.

But that amount of milk is way too fattening, even with skimmed, So i have somehow managed to reduce it and i now only have it with a cup of tea or some cereal..

I cant believe my strength lol, I was addicted to it for 15+ years, that was my routine. Now i prefer ice cold water :P mmmmm
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I have given up giving up.

I have learned to like exercise and being fitness minded. There's no unringing that bell.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Oreos and grasshopper cookies. I wouldn't mind having 4 cookies but they don't sell them in 4packs and I don't want the whole package in my house.