Shattered Realm
    Slayer
    Weedeater
    death threat
    Ensiferum
    Nachtmystium
    Acid Bath

oh and can't forget pig destroyer!

I could tell you were from NC and/or somewhere really close when you said Weedeater. I saw them a few months ago in Charlotte, with ASG. Good times. I also sat next to Dixie from Weedeater at the Metallica/Lamb of God/Gogira show in Charlotte back in 09. That was kinda cool.

For the record, Pantera = the best band ever. The Crown = 2nd best band ever. Currently I'm pretty into The Faceless, Graves of Valor, and I've been revisiting Skinless - Trample the Weak Hurdle the Dead, and BTBAM - Alaska, and Deftones - Adrenaline and Around the Fur a lot at work.
  • jfloyd7
    jfloyd7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    and Soilent Green. Good band not many people ever talk about.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Recently at the gym it's been:

Municipal waste
    Shattered Realm
    Slayer
    Weedeater
    death threat
    Ensiferum
    Nachtmystium
    Acid Bath

oh and can't forget pig destroyer!

I could tell you were from NC and/or somewhere really close when you said Weedeater. I saw them a few months ago in Charlotte, with ASG. Good times. I also sat next to Dixie from Weedeater at the Metallica/Lamb of God/Gogira show in Charlotte back in 09. That was kinda cool.

For the record, Pantera = the best band ever. The Crown = 2nd best band ever. Currently I'm pretty into The Faceless, Graves of Valor, and I've been revisiting Skinless - Trample the Weak Hurdle the Dead, and BTBAM - Alaska, and Deftones - Adrenaline and Around the Fur a lot at work.

holy crap i forgot about skinless. I haven't seen them since foreshadowing our demise came out. you guessed it, i'm from NC, but a transplant from maine as of the last three years.
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    anyone like Lamb of God??? I'm not a huge metal head, but I love them (mostly ashes of the wake) and I like Fear Factory.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Hatebreed, AC/DC, Metallica, Danzig, Kreator, Earth Crisis, Throwdown, Cryptic Slaughter, DRI, Madball, Sepultura.
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    anyone like Lamb of God??? I'm not a huge metal head, but I love them (mostly ashes of the wake) and I like Fear Factory.

I have not heard enough Lamb of God to be able to speak of them intelligently, but everything I've heard, I have definitely liked. They played here several months ago, and I was unable to attend due to work. :( LoG is on my list of "Get these, soon!"
  • piperjon
    Options
    So, Alice in Chains. Their new album, minus Layne Staley (RIP)...

Does anyone else still hear Layne in the background???

Other AiC fans I know have said the same but they are all IRL, wonder if it's just an Arkansas thing...

Pj
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Currently on the gym playlist -

Tool, Flyleaf, Judas Priest, Skillet, Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Offspring, Delain, The Birthday Massacre

Best Live Show
    the '87 Texas Jam at the Cotton Bowl - Tesla, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, and Boston. There were a few other forgetable bands as well.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love Lamb of God! I used to be a bigger metal head than I am now. All through highschool it was Burn the Priest, Lamb of God, Kittie, Otep, Jack off Jill, Motley Crüe, Ratt, Devildriver, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Slipknot...

Saw Tool, LoG, Trivium, Kamelot, Gojira, Flyleaf, Disturbed, Stone Sour, poison, Ratt, and motley Crüe in concert.

I mostly listen to these bands to workout to and/or for nostalgia's sake. I still love Down (Phil!) though.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooooo much for getting this thread going! Damn, I thought we were a dying breed! I have about 500 cd's of various artists from 70's until today. I dont much care for newer music, my genre is 80's. Maiden has been my fav since 87, love Rush, Queensryche, Primus, Overkill, Helloween, I can go on forever. I am totally stoked on Megadeth right now, they have anew album Nov 1 and their new **** is nothing short of bad -*kitten*. I have seen Maiden 2x, Rush 4x, Metallica 2x, Suicidal, Primus, Kiss, Twisted Sister, Ratt, Crue, Y&T, Bulletboys, Kansas, Grateful Dead, Slaughter, Dokken, White Lion, L.A. guns 2x, Great White, Van Hagar,....I am going to stop....too much partying kinda fried the brain. I literally have a lot more to add. I love it loud!!!!
  • trybefan
    Options
    See damnit, no I cant stop.....Love SOD, MOD, DRI, Anthrax (NEW ALBUM KICKS *kitten*!!!) White Zombie, Disturbed, Death Angel, Tool, pretty much any classic rock. Slayer, Death, Ozzy, Sabbath, Dangerous toys...
  • lizmaebar
    Options
    I love Lamb of God! I used to be a bigger metal head than I am now. All through highschool it was Burn the Priest, Lamb of God, Kittie, Otep, Jack off Jill, Motley Crüe, Ratt, Devildriver, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Slipknot...

Saw Tool, LoG, Trivium, Kamelot, Gojira, Flyleaf, Disturbed, Stone Sour, poison, Ratt, and motley Crüe in concert.

I mostly listen to these bands to workout to and/or for nostalgia's sake. I still love Down (Phil!) though.
    OMG I forgot about Kittie and Slip Knot! Yessss! I think I'm going to whip out some old cds! lol
  • trybefan
    Options
    I would like everyone to check out Brand Of Freak... a local Springfield MO band that is getting recognized by Korn and may be touring with soon. I will not sell you short....kick *kitten*!
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    AC/DC anyone? Not really a metal, but I love to pump weights with G'n'R on, Axl's voice makes me work 2x hard ;)
  • piperjon
    Options
    Oh yeah, AC/DC!! Saw them for the first time ever in my life, here, just a couple years ago. The boys, they're looking older, but man, Angus still can play a 20 minute shred solo like it's no body's business!

And any time they play Thunderstruck or For Those About to Rock on the radio, I have to pull over if I'm driving. Speeding tickets and general *ssholery ensues...

Pj
  • SarahMarie1983
    Options
    I love In This Moment. When Maria Brink screams I get the chills. I also like Six Feet Under, Straight Line Stitch, and Lacuna Coil. Just a few. :o)
  • piperjon
    Options

All...at the same... TIME...????

++Dull wet thudd while Piper Jon' s head explodes++

Man, saw Stone Sour just last summer here, doesn't Corey Taylor put on just a h*ll of a good show, regardless of whether he's with Slipknot or Stone Sour? He TOTALLY connects with his audience, and I always appreciate that.

Then there's Tool, with Maynard doing exactly the opposite, hiding in shadow from his audience, and connecting viscerally...
    Tool was my son's first grown up concert, when he was 11... +sniff+ Boy got his first mohawk not long after that.
    D*mn, he turns 23 this month...

Siiiiigh.

Pj
  • cdstadt
    Options

All...at the same... TIME...???

NO! haha.
  • cdstadt
    Options

Man, saw Stone Sour just last summer here, doesn't Corey Taylor put on just a h*ll of a good show, regardless of whether he's with Slipknot or Stone Sour?

It was crazy. Stone Sour played with Flyleaf and Disturbed. I went solely for Stone Sour, stayed for Flyleaf, and left before Disturbed's encore (if there was one). Corey Taylor was amazing. Voice was blasting and the audience was stoked. Even mashed three of his slower songs together into one so the crowd didn't lose any adrenaline. Though I'm not a Disturbed fan, the singer's voice (his name escapes me) was exactly like their recordings. No tuning necessary there.
    Then there's Tool, with Maynard doing exactly the opposite, hiding in shadow from his audience, and connecting viscerally...

The Tool concert was my highschool graduation present. It was amazing. The opener didn't even have a singer but everyone dug it. Maynard pretty much sat through the whole thing on a stool, wearing a cowboy hat and a Puscifer t-shirt. So awesome.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    So, Alice in Chains. Their new album, minus Layne Staley (RIP)...

Does anyone else still hear Layne in the background???

Other AiC fans I know have said the same but they are all IRL, wonder if it's just an Arkansas thing...

Pj
    The guy that Jerry Cantrell tapped to fill Layne's spot in the band (Willie Duvall) has a voice that is very, very similar to Layne's.