Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    <-- Going to see gwar saturday night
  • yeahthatpaula
    yeahthatpaula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I used to be a total metalhead but I have softened up in the past few years. Now I listen to a lot of progressive rock/metal, indie, etc.

Bands I've seen live:
    Pantera 5 times
    Slayer 4 times
    Opeth 3 times
    Suicidal Tendencies 2 times
    Danzig, White Zombie, Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Ozzy, Primus, Porcupine Tree, Megadeth, and lots more both metal and non-metal (Kaki King, Imogen Heap, Massive Attack, Thievery Corporation, The Mountain Goats).
  • yeahthatpaula
    Options
    Love all kinds of metal, mainly progressive metal.

The new Mastodon is great, i love it. As well as the new Opeth. Different, but i like bands that change or try different things.

Been listening to Aggalloch, Ulver, Amorphis alot lately when i jog.

And just discovered a band from Norway called Leprous. Alittle 70's progressive rock, Black metal, alternative rock/metal, Tool, and Mars Volta in their sound. Singer is great. Really good stuff.

I really like what Opeth is doing now-a-days, but my favorite will always be Blackwater Park <3

I'll give Leprous a listen.
  • yeahthatpaula
    Options
    So, Alice in Chains. Their new album, minus Layne Staley (RIP)...

Does anyone else still hear Layne in the background???

Other AiC fans I know have said the same but they are all IRL, wonder if it's just an Arkansas thing...

Pj
    The guy that Jerry Cantrell tapped to fill Layne's spot in the band (Willie Duvall) has a voice that is very, very similar to Layne's.
    Dude sounds just like him.

Saw them in concert and you'd think he was lip syncing to Layne Staley's vocals.

I saw Jerry Cantrell live on the Degredation Tour shortly after Layne died (RIP). My brother and I were NOT impressed with William Duvall at all, he did not sound good. Gotta say though, there was not a dry eye in the room.

I'm glad to find that over the years Duvall has refined his vocal abilities and I'm no longer annoyed by him.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    has anyone heard the Metallica/ lou reed tracks that have leaked? utter garbage.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    blackwater park is my favorite as well.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love love love Alice in Chains. Definitely top of the list for me.

I'm more of a progressive metal/rock girl than metal/metal but I do like some heavy stuff.

LOVE Tool and A Perfect Circle.

I like Queensryche (going to see them 11/11), old Dream Theater, Pantera, Slipknot, Porcupine Tree (more progressive than metal but awesome!!! Seriously check them out), Soundgarden mainly for Chris Cornell.

Edited: Ooh Sevendust! I love Sevendust!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I love everything and all things metal. :flowerforyou:
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    just got back from the gym, and putting on my corpse paint for the "jesus was black metal" halloween party! going to be awesome!
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I really like the symphonic and operatic metal like Kamelot, Nightwish, Tarja, etc.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I was in a band for a while but had to leave as I had no time for it. It doesn't stop me loving their music and if you like symphonic/melodic metal you will love Lacrymae. There are two singers, brothers, and they are fantastic songwriters. Very epic sounding music and I cannot say enough good things about them.

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/Lacrymae

Listen to The Forgotten and Theorem then head to iTunes for the album. It is so good.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Premonition13 and Gates of Slumber.

Yes.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    today is a cult of luna day.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I used to be huge into metel...and then I had kids and could no longer go to concerts...*sigh* but i love the memorys..
  • AlSalzman
    Options
    RIP Flatus Maximus of GWAR... found dead by his bandmates yesterday.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    RIP Flatus Maximus of GWAR... found dead by his bandmates yesterday.

I read about this today when i got to work. This bums me out. I was never into their music, but their stage show was phenomenal, always a good time. have they announced a cause of death yet?
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Burgers and mosh. Best idea ever
    www.grillemalltruck.com
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Black Sabbath reunion in 2012. ur moshin
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Glad to find this thread also..

****Emmure***
    ****From Autmn to ashes****
    ****Glassjaw****
    ****I wrestled a bear once****
    ****Norma Jean****
    ****zao****
    ****Lamnb Of god***
    ****Symphony in peril****
    ****Underoath****
    ****Walls of jericho***
    and more....
  • AlSalzman
    Options

****I wrestled a bear once****
    I've tried... I swear, I've tried. I have friends that love this band and they've tried to turn me on to them... and... I just can't. I don't get it. At all. I don't see the appeal. It does nothing for me. You can dig it and that's cool, but I just... yeah, not for me.

Meanwhile...
    Just listened to some Keelhaul.

**** is heavy, yo.