Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Does Dethklok count, lol?
  • dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options
    Eh, Dethklok actually has a few decent tracks but it depends... what else do you like? ;) I LOVE metal. I dislike very much anyone who claims to be a metal head and thinks that Metallica is the best band in the world, and doesn't listen to different facets of metal. I like things from Misery Index, Skinless, all the way to Miss May I, The Acacia Strain, Between the Buried and Me, The Red Chord, In Flames, down to Goatwhore and Exhumed (interviewing them Monday). MMMMMMMMMM metal!
  • Arccelian
    Arccelian Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from Norway soo... hell yeah I'm a metalhead! kinda have to be when you grow up bumping into Abbath from Immortal every time you go to the supermarked. Grew up listening to Metallica, Megadeth, Immortal, Sepultura and Machine Head. In later years I have listened to Dimmu Borgir, Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Korn, In Flames, Soilwork and many many more.

I've seen most of my favorite bands live, and even some that I don't really care for (cough, Iron Maiden)

Now, back to listening to Machine Head's new album!
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My head is made of flesh and bone =(
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    I'm from Norway soo... hell yeah I'm a metalhead! kinda have to be when you grow up bumping into Abbath from Immortal every time you go to the supermarked. Grew up listening to Metallica, Megadeth, Immortal, Sepultura and Machine Head. In later years I have listened to Dimmu Borgir, Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Korn, In Flames, Soilwork and many many more.

I've seen most of my favorite bands live, and even some that I don't really care for (cough, Iron Maiden)

Norway is about as metal as it gets.
  • dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options

Norway is about as metal as it gets.

Norwegian death metal is amazing. Belphagor , Hate, Keeper of Kalessin, and Born of Osiris were here not so long ago and man that show was GOOOOOOOOD!!!!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    TOOL FTW!
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Been getting nostalgic as of late. ahh to be 15 again. Here's the playlist

Integrity
    Strongarm
    Focused
    bloodshed
    strife
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Check these dudes out. Rings of Rhea. From europe. If your into post metal/ doom stuff like Cult of luna/ AmenRa/Rosetta/Isis check these guys out. Free 3 song ep

http://ringsofrhea.bandcamp.com/album/2011-ep
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Black Tusk right now, and Russian Circles later.
  • DisturbedRaccoon
    Options
    I'm a metal head! Been in a few bands as the guitarist/bassist/vox. Looking to form a new one soon. Metal will rule the world \m/
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    41 yr old black girl. Beat that!
    MACHINE BLEEPING HEAD TOMOZ AT WEMBLEY YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    And just so you know, I gig on my own, that's what happens when you're me! Lol
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I used to be one of those elitist metalheads when I was younger. I've grown out and expanded to listen to way more but the elitist tendencies still creep in. Every time I hear somebody talk about how metal disturbed or slipknot or *insert random band popularly considered metal here* I kind of want to blurt out "argument that's not metal!!!" And rip out my iPod to school them in the ways of metal. Haha.

Right now Virgin Black, Ceremonial Castings, Omen, and Ahab are getting heavy rotation in my playlists.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Tonight, Devil to Pay.... http://youtu.be/k1bOqWQX1Ro ... maybe more Doom than Metal, but solid local rockers.

And Bulletwolf... http://youtu.be/dkoO8Pkb2Z0 ... drunken rock'n'roll, not quite Metal.

Playing with like six other bands tonight at a local show... F'in pumped to see this one.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    ALL DAY TODAY:

DOPETHRONE- DEMONSMOKE
    DOPETHRONE- DARKFOIL
  • david581c
    Options
    Dude, not bad, dopethrone is super chill.
    Not sure if anyones heard of em but when im at the gym Falconer doea it fo me, think theyre norwegian, not sure, more like power folk metal.

****, anyone here listen to pirate metal, like alestorm?
  • chevysarah
    Options
    Yoga is soooo much better when done with Metal blasting!

\m/ rock on fellow head bangers!
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Blasphemy!!!!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    the fiance is so i hear some.. not too bad add me if uw ish