Any Metal Heads on here?

Options

Replies

• maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I like the lighter stuff: A7X, Disturbed, Doom Unit, Sparzanza, Apocalyptica, 10 Years (not sure if this is right category though), lacuna Coil, A Perfect Circle, Three Days Grace, among others :)

I went to see Doom Unit and Sparzanza last night and they were both great!
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    \m/ All day. \m/

Metal thread is worthless without metal discussion: who is everyone listening to?
    Iron Maiden
    Megadeth
    Anthrax
    Amon Amarth
    Children of Bodom
    Opeth
    Testament
    Danzig
    Iced Earth

(sigh) The list goes on and on...
  • Dragongrl
    Options
    So, Alice in Chains. Their new album, minus Layne Staley (RIP)...

Does anyone else still hear Layne in the background???

Other AiC fans I know have said the same but they are all IRL, wonder if it's just an Arkansas thing...

Pj
    The guy that Jerry Cantrell tapped to fill Layne's spot in the band (Willie Duvall) has a voice that is very, very similar to Layne's.
    Dude sounds just like him.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bison b.c. "Quiet Earth" = morning drive to work filled with rage!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So, Alice in Chains. Their new album, minus Layne Staley (RIP)...

Does anyone else still hear Layne in the background???

Other AiC fans I know have said the same but they are all IRL, wonder if it's just an Arkansas thing...

Pj
    The guy that Jerry Cantrell tapped to fill Layne's spot in the band (Willie Duvall) has a voice that is very, very similar to Layne's.
    Dude sounds just like him.

Saw them in concert and you'd think he was lip syncing to Layne Staley's vocals.
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite Pandora station right now is based on Iced Earth. A lot of the bands that come up I never even heard of, but enjoy.
    I get:
    Iron Maiden
    Steel Attack
    Testament
    Metallica
    Dream Theater
    Bruce ****enson solo stuff
    Blind Guardian
    DragonForce
    Gamma Ray
    Demons & Wizards
  • catintheshell
    Options
    love this thread so much. :) metal head chick here- i'll listen to just about anything once when it comes to metal (although not a huge fan of folk metal.. the flutes kind of weird me out! lol).

my all-time favorite is Strapping Young Lad. Devin can really do no wrong (in my eyes).

any other metal fans looking for buddies feel free to add me!
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Just picked up Amenra- Mass IIII today. If your into Isis or Cult of Luna, check these dudes out.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    Anyone here like Sabaton? Don't pick on me if you think they suck but I got one hell of a work out jumping to Primo Victoria and headbanging and getting crushed last night. Awesome show ^.^
  • Dragongrl
    Options
    * NU METAL
    The protagonist arrives in a run down Honda Civic and attempts to fight the dragon but he burns to death when his moronic baggy clothes catch fire.
    I loved this entire post but I just died laughing when I read this. Can't believe I missed it. HA!!! Dude, you forgot to add a skateboard somewhere in there. LMFAO
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    * Speed Metal
    Suddenly there is a short solo, the dragon is confused; someone’s screaming weird stuff; the princess realizes she’s been deflowered; the dragon and the princess are still looking for the one who caused this.

lol

I love metal. It is my favourite genre of music. The bands I like the most are Lamb of God, Dragonforce, Opeth, Metallica, Dimmu Borgir and Dream Theater.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am definitely into metal. I love many different bands ranging from Metallica to Archenemy, from Lacuna Coil to Nightwish, from Lamb of God to just so many other bands. Way too many bands to name them all. Hell, the song I walked down to the aisle to was a Metallica song. I walked down the aisle to Nothing Else Matters. ^_^ \m/(><)\m/ ^_^ I'm just the best kind of gal. I'm also really into Henry Rollins.
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    Moshed at Slipknot and lived to tell about it...
    Moshed at Disturbed and Drowning Pool with the guys from both bands, and lived to tell about it...
    Moshed at Revolting C*cks and Ministry, and well, I didn't exactly live to tell about it, but I got a cool scar.
    Moshed at Five Finger Death Punch and found out I only need four.
    Moshed at Rob Zombie and WHAT THE H*LL WAS THAT???

Wanna mosh at Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Mushroomhead, and pretend to fit in at Lacuna Coil before i finally do die in the pit. I'm only 45, there's still time.

Nope, no metalheads here...

>:-)

\m/ Pj \m/

(Edited to add the cool horns I stole from AlSalzman...thanks for those!

Peej

MM = Soundwave 2012 I WILL BE MOSHING!
  • xox_shree_xox
    xox_shree_xox Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love me a bit of Korn, Slipknot, Manson, Motorhead, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Cradle of Filth, Avenged Sevenfold, KISS, BFMV, Dimmu Borgir, The Murderdolls...okay the list goes on and on :) x
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ...okay the list goes on and on :) x

Yeah, the list really does go on and on. Same for me, too. Too many amazing bands out there that you just have to love. That's including the ones that aren't around anymore as well.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Trailer for "Slow Southern Steel" movie... http://youtu.be/3CHY0xOvPbE
    The film also has a Facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Slow-Southern-Steel/106411322466?ref=ts
    The FB page says that the film hasn't been released for distribution, but is being screened in select cities. They're hunting for a distro deal and working on clearances for all the copyrighted songs at this time.

I owe my awareness of the project to my recent interest in Rwake - this film is a project of the frontman. It is supposed to be a good look at the swampy, sludge-y metal common to the southern US. I'm very interested in seeing it. If anyone has access to a copy or knows where one can be obtained, please share - I fully intent to buy a copy and support the filmmaker/artists once it is commercially available... I'm just impatient!
  • VashCrowley
    Options
    I'm for sure a metal head... I can't get enough of it. I didn't think I find many of us on here.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I WAS into Metal... but then I discovered Industrial and EBM and Electro POP....

:glasses:
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    \m/ \m/ Rock on!
    been listening to
    Black Sabboth
    Iron Maiden
    Megadeth
    Slayer
    Pantera
    Anthrax
    Stabbing Westward
    Testament
    Soilworks
    Hatebreed
    Five Finger Death Punch
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    Love all kinds of metal, mainly progressive metal.

The new Mastodon is great, i love it. As well as the new Opeth. Different, but i like bands that change or try different things.

Been listening to Aggalloch, Ulver, Amorphis alot lately when i jog.

And just discovered a band from Norway called Leprous. Alittle 70's progressive rock, Black metal, alternative rock/metal, Tool, and Mars Volta in their sound. Singer is great. Really good stuff.