How long did it take you to lose 30 pounds?

Options
13»

Replies

• paperpromisesx3
    Options
    Took me 2 years when I did watchers a few years back. Been off of Weight Watchers for just over a year.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    3 months
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    75 days here.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It took me 12 weeks.... but I was also 80lbs overweight when I started.
  • dannylives
    Options
    I'm in between classes at school, this is really interesting! Gotta go! :)
  • KathMia
    KathMia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It has taken me just over 13 weeks to lose 29lbs. I had lost 12lbs before I found MFP. I still have 20lbs to go and expect it to take another 4months as it will be slower now. Still the results will be worth it before my 50th Birthday!!!

p.s. only need to lose 8lbs to be in a health weight range but wanna lose another 12lbs after that.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started in March and got to the 31 pound mark a week or so ago. If I was absolutely religious about good, healthy eating I might have hit it sooner, but I think the way I'm doing this is sustainable for me - so it's okay that it took longer. :wink:
    DITTO!!! Took me 6 months. But if I had been more "strict" with myself, I think it would have been sooner. Sustainable for me as well, and have never felt deprived or hungry!
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to finding out ;p
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    ~2 months (my starting weight is unclear) I hit 31 pounds lost this morning (possibly 27 pounds). But I have a couple of extra factors on my hand. Im 20 years old, at the peak of my metabolism, and got sick a few times so I didnt eat as much as I would when in a more healthy state. Nevertheless, I workout for about 2 hours a day, normally 3-4 on weekends, and very religious about watching my calories. The rate at which you lose your weight is totally variable, but as long as you are pushing forward, you are doing well.
  • dannylives
    Options
    I had 30 to lose total. I started MFP on February 15, 2011. I have never gone off track or gained weight, though I plateaued for two months. Today I am 10 days shy of my 8 month MFP anniversary and am less than 2 pounds from my goal. It has taken me a looooong time compared to others!

I should also add that if you have 30 to lose TOTAL, you can't compare yourself to someone who has 100 pounds to lose. They'll lose that 30 like nobody's business but slow towards the end. I found the last 10 or 15 pounds to be the most difficult to come off and had to set MFP at a 0.5 pound/week loss for the last 10 in order to lose at all.

I only have 30 pounds to lose as well. Why is it tougher and why does it take longer?
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    About 9months.
  • smcrimmon12
    smcrimmon12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im at 26 lbs and it's been about 6 weeks. But I have abvout 60 to lose total.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I had 30 to lose total. I started MFP on February 15, 2011. I have never gone off track or gained weight, though I plateaued for two months. Today I am 10 days shy of my 8 month MFP anniversary and am less than 2 pounds from my goal. It has taken me a looooong time compared to others!

I should also add that if you have 30 to lose TOTAL, you can't compare yourself to someone who has 100 pounds to lose. They'll lose that 30 like nobody's business but slow towards the end. I found the last 10 or 15 pounds to be the most difficult to come off and had to set MFP at a 0.5 pound/week loss for the last 10 in order to lose at all.

I only have 30 pounds to lose as well. Why is it tougher and why does it take longer?

The less weight you have to lose, the harder it is to come off. For example, someone with 100+ pounds to lose may lose 3 pounds a week, every week. If you have 20 pounds to lose, you would likely have to starve yourself in order to consistently keep that kind of weight loss up. Look at this thread- those who were very heavy to start with lost 30 pounds in three months. Those of us who weren't *that* heavy to start, it takes us months and months (as mentioned, I am on month seven and counting).

It is why so many on MFP, myself included, complain about "the last 10 pounds." You are so close to your goal weight, and likely a healthy BMI, so your body isn't giving up pounds that easily.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "it just dropped right off like it was sick of being on me"

You just made me laugh so loud it was awkward. Inspired.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Thank you!