How soon do you delete people that have not logged in

Options

Replies

• Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's tragedy. I don't think I'd delete anyone for not logging in. I don't delete my friends in real life for not talking to them for a week.

Good point! And I totally agree!! I don't delete anyone for taking a break.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'll delete people ....if.... I don't feel like I'm on the same 'wavelength' as them regarding nutrition and fitness.

and this. i've had a couple of "friends" who had really different weight loss strategies from mine so i didn't really feel like we could help each other out much.
  • lucky77sevens
    Options
    I think it's funny that people delete because "they don't post on my wall or comment on my updates or haven't logged in, etc..." really people?!? Sometimes life happens, and sometimes after a long day @ work the last thing people want to do is sit down and comment on 20,30,40,50+ friends profiles....I agree that we are here for support, motivation and what not, but how supportive are these people "unfriending" because of such trivial issues?
  • lisa_lotte
    Options
    I won't delete anyone unless they have not logged in for over a month. If it someone that I have spoken to regulary though I will keep them much longer than that - but for people I have not had much interation with I delete after a month :-)

Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • foraMEthatiLOVE
    Options
    I don't delete anyone based on how long they haven't logged in... Things happen and it does not hurt at all to have them in your friends list. I have however deleted a few people who would constantly post messages and updates on very personal events of their lives. I just didn't like to read things that did not contribute at all to my weight loss journey. I just didn't want this to become like facebook, so I delete them!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad time, and hope things are getting better. I have never deleted anyone as a friend and don't know if I will. I have thought about deleting people who haven't logged in for a year, but then think "What if they come back and everyone has deserted them?" I figure they aren't hurting anything being on my friend list, and I would hate for them to think that no one cared if they came back. I have friends on here who haven't logged in for months or even over a year. I try to occasionally go through my friend list and write on the wall of anyone who I haven't seen in a while asking if all is well in their world. If they have been off longer than a few months, I usually quit writing on their wall and hope they will come back if they need to. I hope that you find a host of new supportive friends, and wish you all of the best on your journey!
  • becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I never delete due to inactivity. However, I DO delete people from time to time. I state openly on my profile that I delete people if there is no consistent contact. I don't "collect friends" and I see no reason to have 200 people to keep up with. If I delete someone, it's not meant to be offensive or rude, it's just due to a lack of connection. I keep people who have similar goals, interests, or that are a great support for me. I enjoy giving support and I don't think it's out of line to expect it in return.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If a friend hasn't logged for 10-14, I usually check their profile to see if they're an explanation. If there's not and they weren't that active anyway, I usually delete them.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    it depends...but mostly I do it after 10days (unless they say they are going away)...but someone I held onto for almost 2 months waiting...just waiting for them to come back :bigsmile: and they did :)

I have even deleted real life friends :grumble: ...If you don't wanna change we can be FB/real life friends, but on MPF is about support! :drinker:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I delete for not interacting with me at least every now and again, but not for a week of not logging, unless you just never said anything to me, especially when I tried with you.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Without an explanation, 10 days, unless I really like your profile pic.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It is usually over a month for me, or if it is someone that I see habitually doesn't log in for weeks at a time and peaks in for a few days and disappears again. If I know them really well (which I probably don't if they aren't around much) I will keep them longer.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you've been through a lot lately and I would NEVER delete anyone who disappeared for a short amount of time. However....

I have deleted a few friends. If my news feed is telling me you haven't logged in for a week or two weeks, I'll send you a note to ask if everything is OK. I'll keep doing this for a while, as I think that is me holding up my end of the bargain to support and motivate my MFP friends. If the person is gone for 60+ days and never responds to anything I write to them, then yes, I will delete them.

Sorry, but if you can't be bothered to log into MFP for 2 months plus, then I seriously doubt I will be getting any support from you anytime soon. The MFP street works both ways and I don't feel bad at all deleting some friends on MFP that are nonexistent. This isn't a high school Facebook contest to see who can collect the most friends. If I am friends with you on MFP, I will be commenting on your status and interacting with you, as I want you to succeed as badly as I want it for myself!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Well i have to say i've just deleted some people today. I think you should log in and say soemthing. If you are going to be out for a while just drop a little note on your profile. We are all here because we need support. If a person goes more than 30 days without logging in then i feel they don't wanna use the site anymore. Also if a person never says anything to me then i wonder why they friended me. I don't use MFP like myspace - I wanna have real interactions not try to see who can have the most friends.
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i notice this summer when i was away i had one girl delete me...i wasn't on much and i was not being dedicated (well only a few days a week and then i would blow it when away at family's cottage) can't blame her i guess she has like 30000 friends or something..i was better off ahha-i delete after 3 or 4 weeks unless the person posts a reason.....hate tying up that news feed with crap like ..so and so hasn't logged on for a million days.....hang in there...those who deleted you are at a loss not you...:)
    Take care
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It depends...there are some friends of mine that I will never delete. They've been too active with me thus far, I've gotten to know them. I would be quite concerned if they hadn't logged in, but even if they didn't give a reason, I would never delete.

Others, maybe after a couple weeks...but they were obviously not giving my wall the proper love and attention.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    2-3 months...if we've never really interacted much, then shorter but still at least 6 weeks. If it was someone that i've interacted with lots, got on well with then much longer...i've got a couple that havent logged for over 3 months.
  • mrsgolfie
    mrsgolfie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation while I was gone on vacation. Different circumstances pop up in people's lives. Sometimes you are able to be supportive to others, but sometimes you are the one needing support. I never randomly delete someone. When I've noticed that they haven't logged on in awhile, I send them a private message asking if they are alright and leaving a word of encouragement. Once I've heard back from them I can make a decision based on the response I get. This isn't just about what I get from everyone, it's about what I am able to give too.

I haven't deleted anyone. I think we all are looking for support. We have things that may go on in our lives that may distract us; or things happen. When I have noticed friends that haven't logged in I have sent a message to them...telling them I'm thinking about them and hope they come back soon. Can't see what difference it makes; as it doesn't hurt me to be on my friends list and maybe, just maybe I can help them when they come back!

Think it is "this isn't just about what I get from everyone, it's about what I am able to give too! Just like our real lives!

Have a good day!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I delete them when they haven't logged in for over a month.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I give them 2 months to LOG IN. I am hit or miss and the more friends you have, the more time you must spend searching through all the posts to see if someone commented on ME. Just kind of a housekeeping thing I do so I am less cluttered. I go to my "friends" page and delete the ones who have not logged in for 2 months. I know things happen in life and I am not always here lately and not taking the time to log my food and exercise, but I still comment at least weekly or every few days on progress that my active friends are having. Maybe it is because I am getting down within my last 10 pounds. I don't have time to research other people's food diaries to critique them. I would say that all of my active friends are losing weight and doing the work. I check on their pages from time to time and leave comments if I don't see them in the daily newsfeed.