How soon do you delete people that have not logged in

Options

Replies

• flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd unfriend anyone unless they were being rude, unpleasant, or consistently irrelevant.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    as above, i never thought of unfriending someone. its just taking it all a bit too personal. if i get one of those comments that someone hasn't logged in for a while i like to give them a few words of encouragement but mainly i tend to think if someone isn't logging in its no body's business but theirs.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Post has been moved to a more appropriate thread.

_Ben
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    About three weeks - long enough for someone to come back off holiday.
  • 1myfit
    1myfit Posts: 69
    Options
    I think after a month they think you quit so delete!!! It takes 2 seconds to long in and say something.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    If you will be gone for any length of time you need to note this on your PROFILE wall so people know you will be back eventually.

I delete after 30 days inactive unless I see an explanation.
    VERY good idea, and I love the quotes (bad spelling gets my goat!)
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I have never deleted anyone. I have been deleted from peoples sites and I have logged in almost 335 days and counting now! I'm not really sure I was deleted, it could have been their pages were deleted.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i normally give 2 months of not logging in...certainly i wouldnt delete somebody after a week, because sometimes people go on vacation, or just might have a rough couple weeks.....if they give a heads up saying, hey i might be gone for a couple months because im going through some things or something like that i wont delete.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Unless I know them in person, like my boyfriend or my friend Gretchen who are both on here, I delete people after 2 weeks or so of them not logging in.

I want to be friends with people who are as dedicated and motivated as I am.
    Me too
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I never delete due to inactivity. However, I DO delete people from time to time. I state openly on my profile that I delete people if there is no consistent contact. I don't "collect friends" and I see no reason to have 200 people to keep up with. If I delete someone, it's not meant to be offensive or rude, it's just due to a lack of connection. I keep people who have similar goals, interests, or that are a great support for me. I enjoy giving support and I don't think it's out of line to expect it in return.

I completely agree with you.
  • cindy0716
    cindy0716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I don't think I'd unfriend anyone unless they were being rude, unpleasant, or consistently irrelevant.

Agreed.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I give people 2-3 months before I delete them, unless I know them in real life.

Some people say they only want people who motivate them on their lists, but shouldn't it be a 2 way street?

If you see someone hasn't logged in for a week or two or three, why not send them a message noting their absence, asking if they are ok, let them know they are missed???
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I don't delete people. Now there are people that I don't really pay attention to, but some ppl log in and i don't know a thing about them. So it really depends on the person.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    i delete someone if they haven't logged in for a year.
  • jcdfish
    jcdfish Posts: 31
    Options
    I got kicked out of a yahoo group for not logging in for a month. I'd been in the hospital, had surgery and was recovering and not able to sit comfortably at the computer for a bit over a month. The moderator had a zero tolerance if you didn't post for a month. I'm not sure why it matters.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    3 days if it's a random

never if it's somebody I liked.
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I go through every once in a while and I delete people if they haven't logged in for 6 months or more. I wouldn't take it personally if someone deleted me. I deleted someone today because all that they were doing was logging in, they don't talk to anyone or log food. I looked today and they haven't logged food for months. People were telling them congrats all of the time just because they've logged in for a long time. To me if someone logs for 5 days and then skips a day and then logs in again they show more commitment than someone who simply logs in.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I recently deleted a couple of people who had not signed on for 30 days. First I went and looked at their activity and their friends lists. And noticed that their friends had all gone awol (no one had logged on for months).

For me, I feel that it is important that if I accept a friend request or send one, that both parties take the time to encourage each other. I have had a lot of luck in that department.

Would I consider deleting someone who I'm supporting but they never ever support me, even though I was the only one of their friends that ever wrote on their posts? Hasn't happened yet, but I'm considering it.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't have a phone that allows me to use the myfitnesspal app. I have to rely on my internet access which is only available at home. If I stay at my BF's house I don't have access. If I go fishing after work for the night I don't have access. When I house sit for friends they don't have internet so for two weeks I don't have access.

I have just spent a week in rural France fishing and yes you guessed it .... no internet access.

This doesn't mean however that I have fallen off the wagon, or I am to lazy to log... it just means I can't log on. I do however have an exercise book which I log my daily food in and when I can log in I fill in my diary.

I lose a lot of 'friends' because of this although its no fault of my own. I even told people I was going to France last week and logging in today I have lost 2 friends and yes I have noticed them gone.

But at the end of it if they delete you then is it really a loss when you have so many supportive friends who are still there?

I have chosen to go it alone and have deleted all my friends. I don't feel like I can be very supportive to them if I can't log in every day.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    about 6 months