Men, would you think anything of this comment?

Options
i_love_vinegar
i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
I already have a thread about my crush, but it is like a novel now and this was the first "flirty" thing I have ever done (since I suck at being flirty meh). So, there is a guy I like at my school. He is gorgeous, and I feel like maybe he likes me back...but it is difficult to tell. So I posted a comment on his new FB pic of him and a dog, "The dog is so cute~But ___(his name)___ is obviously cuter! x3"

Is the comment obvious enough that I like him? If you took a picture with an animal, posted it online, and a girl commented that, would you think she liked you?

Thanks guys ^^

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    not for nothing, but it is 2011, why don't you ask him to meet you for drinks some night? the days of a man has to make the first move are long over, just go talk to him and see if any sparks fly.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Frankly, if I didn't like you, and you put that on my fb, I'd be like "WTF!?" *run away.* But that's just me.

If he does like you, then you'll know from how he responds to your comment (remember, actions speak louder than words).

Just my $0.02. Take it with a grain of salt.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    not for nothing, but it is 2011, why don't you ask him to meet you for drinks some night? the days of a man has to make the first move are long over, just go talk to him and see if any sparks fly.
    i agree -- go for it....the worst he can say is i'm sorry i'm not interested ...at that point you realize that you are amazing and there is someone else out there.....Go get em tiger!!! (I know you wanted a man's point of view, but I had to comment :)
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    To be honest I would not take a comment on FB seriously, better to send him a private message and ask him out for coffee or just spend more time together.

At your age people are lot more mature and he would respond sincerely whether he wants to date you or not.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just wait and see what he says.

Thats the sort of thing I would do to make a guy know that I like him. I wouldn't be direct about it and just ask him out like that (mainly because I'm shy).

You never know, might be the start of a new relationship for you :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options

Thats the sort of thing I would do to make a guy know that I like him. I wouldn't be direct about it and just ask him out like that (mainly because I'm shy).

I don't want to be direct either, although people are telling me to be. It's not my personality at all ^^;;;
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    ps: Thank you for the comments so far everyone! ^^
  • PBJunkie
    Options

I don't want to be direct either, although people are telling me to be. It's not my personality at all ^^;;;

Trust me you will kick your *kitten* if you let the opportunity slip and in a few years find out he felt the same about you.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just straight out ask him, lifes too short to be messing around, just confidently ask him out and if he says no then close the subject and move on! :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    id say it was a pretty good hint :o)

let us know if he replies
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just say hello and start a conversation.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I think that was a very nice comment no matter what your intentions are.
    You should try and ask him out.
    Good luck.
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options

Trust me you will kick your *kitten* if you let the opportunity slip and in a few years find out he felt the same about you.

That's a really good point. =/ Im kinda scared to ask him, in case he rejects me though. Last semester, in a small "group oriented" class two guys asked me out and on both sides of the room, and it made things very uncomfortable...=/ I already have a couple guys from our class who have made it a bit uncomfortable for this same reason, but since I spend most of my time with my crush it's not so awkward. If he rejects me, I think it will be more uncomfortable than last semester because I will also have been rejected by the person who takes care of me =/
  • crobinson53
    Options
    Are you really 21?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    How he perceives your comment I think is irrelevant.

What you seem to be suggesting is that if you give him enough hints he will make a move as you do not want to do so yourself (which is perfectly understandable.) Obviously this means that you think on some level he feels the same about you but is simply waiting for reassurance or a green light from you to be able to do so.

He could very well like you. A whole lot. However, if neither of you are willing to act upon it then all you have is the potential for something great without ever achieving the reality. All this Twilightesque naval gazing or melodrama won't change that.

He either makes a move or you do. That's the bottom line. If he does like you but can't act on his desires without heavy prompting you have to ask yourself it that is really the kind of person you want to be with. Doesn't sound fun to have to lead someone round by the nose all the time to get them to do something.
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    Are you really 21?

Yes, are you insinuating something?
  • symba67
    symba67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how cute the dog was lol. But yes, I would get the hint. Any response or "like" from him?
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options

What you seem to be suggesting is that if you give him enough hints he will make a move as you do not want to do so yourself (which is perfectly understandable.) Obviously this means that you think on some level he feels the same about you but is simply waiting for reassurance or a green light from you to be able to do so.

He could very well like you. A whole lot. However, if neither of you are willing to act upon it then all you have is the potential for something great without ever achieving the reality. All this Twilightesque naval gazing or melodrama won't change that.

He either makes a move or you do. That's the bottom line. If he does like you but can't act on his desires without heavy prompting you have to ask yourself it that is really the kind of person you want to be with. Doesn't sound fun to have to lead someone round by the nose all the time to get them to do something.

You are amazing, and honestly read me like a book! ^^ I don't have much to add, but wow...You truly are amazing! Thank you for the insight not only into this situation, but into my mind!
  • PBJunkie
    Options

Can we please get this guy his own expert section in the forum?
  • i_love_vinegar
    Options
    I guess it depends on how cute the dog was lol. But yes, I would get the hint. Any response or "like" from him?

hahaha!! That's such a great point haha! He usually doesn't go on Facebook until late (it is banned in his country so it's new to him). Thank you for answering the question btw.