Men, would you think anything of this comment?

Options

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    GO ON TO FACEBOOK AND UPDATE YOUR STATUS TO IN A RELATIONSHIP and see if he says anything, if he comments to you or on facebook i would say he is intrested on some level

Oh..... you women are so sneaky.........

I just did this, and a korean guy liked it immediately XD I might email him and ask him to pretend with me XD
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I think if you really are interested, you need to ask. My husband is from another country. I can tell you from experience that innuendos and hints don't work well, at least for us it didn't. When English is a second language, the person translates it very literally. I think it's quite possible that he may not have even gathered you are interested from your message. Now, I could be wrong and he may not be interested. Based on my experience, you have to be direct in this situation.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend faking a relationship to get his attention. If it did work, you would be basing the beginning of your relationship on a lie...never a good place to start.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, if that comment doesn't smack him upside the head, then you should. Honestly, just be open and tell him how you feel. If he likes you back, then it can be a new beginning. If he doesn't, then at least you will know not to waste your time and you can move on to the next hottie with a dog. :happy:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Okay my opinion this whole change your status to in a relationship sound like playing child games to me. I was 16 when I met my husband and I was the one that initiated the conversation. I know you stated you are shy and wouldnt know how to react to a rejection. But think about it what is a rejection just a NO that is it its words they cant harm you, you are still alive, young and good looking you dont need him to say yes to assure you of that. Again just my opinion:happy:

P.S. been married to him for over 14years LOL!!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Ok, I sat and read through this entire thread while eating lunch.

Here's my tough love advice...

It doesn't matter why he does the things that seem flirtatious, how often he does those things, or whether or not they make any sense at all.

You've sent out multiple feelers. He's not picking up on them. THAT is what matters - what he ISN'T doing. Not what he is.

As hard as it might be, let the whole thing go and move on. Have you ever heard of the book "He's just not that into you"? If not, I suggest you read it. It will definitely give you insight on precisely these kinds of situations.

Cast your hook in another sea. There ARE plenty of other fish out there.

:flowerforyou:
  • catlady100
    Options

It doesn't matter why he does the things that seem flirtatious, how often he does those things, or whether or not they make any sense at all.

You've sent out multiple feelers. He's not picking up on them. THAT is what matters - what he ISN'T doing. Not what he is.

As hard as it might be, let the whole thing go and move on. Have you ever heard of the book "He's just not that into you"? If not, I suggest you read it. It will definitely give you insight on precisely these kinds of situations.

Cast your hook in anther sea. There ARE plenty of other fish out there.

*LIKE*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Cast your hook in anther sea. There ARE plenty of other fish out there.

I agree with this. /\
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    GO ON TO FACEBOOK AND UPDATE YOUR STATUS TO IN A RELATIONSHIP and see if he says anything, if he comments to you or on facebook i would say he is intrested on some level

I just did this, and a korean guy liked it immediately XD I might email him and ask him to pretend with me XD

playing games is probably not a good idea! sounds like this guys from a different culture, i'm not sure he'd get it...
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that'd show him you're into him...I say stuff like that to my friends all the time! I agree, you should ask him out!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Can I just say, loved reading the posts.

I had a close relationship with a male friend once, nothing physical.
    Used to buy each other drinks, hold hands on way home from pub, end up at his after night out where he's cook us all pasta. People thought we were a couple but we were just close friends.
    I took the plunge and confessed I'd fallen for him... Much to my regret. It ruined our friendship after that. He was really mad at me and asked me why I'd said I fancied him and that I was stud for saying it.

I will regret that day for the rest of my life.

I really hope you can keep a great friendship with the guy. I know how you feel.

Good luck and don't let it get you down.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Can I just say, loved reading the posts.

I had a close relationship with a male friend once, nothing physical.
    Used to buy each other drinks, hold hands on way home from pub, end up at his after night out where he's cook us all pasta. People thought we were a couple but we were just close friends.
    I took the plunge and confessed I'd fallen for him... Much to my regret. It ruined our friendship after that. He was really mad at me and asked me why I'd said I fancied him and that I was stud for saying it.

I will regret that day for the rest of my life.

I really hope you can keep a great friendship with the guy. I know how you feel.

Gosh, that made me go back 12 years! I miss those days and I miss my friend. In fact I had two close male friends, but fell for one of them. We all used to hang out together. They were the best times back then! Would lobe to get back in touch but know he's married with kids now. And so am I just not married as such but settled. I do miss him still though!

Good luck and don't let it get you down.
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just wait and see what he says.

Thats the sort of thing I would do to make a guy know that I like him. I wouldn't be direct about it and just ask him out like that (mainly because I'm shy).

You never know, might be the start of a new relationship for you :)

I don't want to be direct either, although people are telling me to be. It's not my personality at all ^^;;;

What do you have to lose? Nothing. Are you afraid of rejection? Get over it because you will face much rejection throughout your life (men, jobs, etc). There's nothing wrong with rejection, and it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you.

You can continue wasting precious time thinking about this guy and wondering what if... or you can find out. Tell him you find him attractive and would like to get to know him better. If he responds in a positive manner, great! If he declines, then move on. If he declines it could be for so many reasons that have nothing to do with you (he has a girlfriend, wants to focus on school and his life before getting in a relationship, just got out of a relationship, thinks you're cool and would not want to risk the friendship, etc.).
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    How he perceives your comment I think is irrelevant.

What you seem to be suggesting is that if you give him enough hints he will make a move as you do not want to do so yourself (which is perfectly understandable.) Obviously this means that you think on some level he feels the same about you but is simply waiting for reassurance or a green light from you to be able to do so.

He could very well like you. A whole lot. However, if neither of you are willing to act upon it then all you have is the potential for something great without ever achieving the reality. All this Twilightesque naval gazing or melodrama won't change that.

He either makes a move or you do. That's the bottom line. If he does like you but can't act on his desires without heavy prompting you have to ask yourself it that is really the kind of person you want to be with. Doesn't sound fun to have to lead someone round by the nose all the time to get them to do something.

Can we please get this guy his own expert section in the forum?

Agreed!
  • MeredithRN
    Options

hahaha! Makes you rethink your whooooole life huh? haha!
  • carol3312
    Options
    You've gotten a lot of opinions and advice. Now it's time to sit back and see what happens. Try to act like it doesn't matter what the answer is (even though inside you might be going crazy.) Yes - great go have fun. No - blow it off like you aren't too upset. If you seem too emotionally involved already, he will walk away because it's not a challenge any more. I'm not saying to play hard to get, but be calm and rational. Relationships happen when you least expect them.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    one thing i have found about men, is that they dont really get 'hints'. (no offence guys!!) so you need to be OBVIOUS, as in 'do you want to go out' and even then he may think you're joking...

good luck!

so true my husband was so dopey when it came to me showing him i was interested without saying it and we were on a date lmao
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    How he perceives your comment I think is irrelevant.

What you seem to be suggesting is that if you give him enough hints he will make a move as you do not want to do so yourself (which is perfectly understandable.) Obviously this means that you think on some level he feels the same about you but is simply waiting for reassurance or a green light from you to be able to do so.

He could very well like you. A whole lot. However, if neither of you are willing to act upon it then all you have is the potential for something great without ever achieving the reality. All this Twilightesque naval gazing or melodrama won't change that.

He either makes a move or you do. That's the bottom line. If he does like you but can't act on his desires without heavy prompting you have to ask yourself it that is really the kind of person you want to be with. Doesn't sound fun to have to lead someone round by the nose all the time to get them to do something.

Can we please get this guy his own expert section in the forum?

Agreed!

i agree he always has great advice!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweetie. My heart goes out to you. Where is your mother? :-)

Different cultures aside, if there is one thing I've learned about love it is this: When a man is *truly* interested, you do NOT have to post anything to find out. Now, he may become interested after learning you are infatuated, but it isn't the same. I know men who have sold their cars to purchase engagement rings, who have fallen before a word is even spoken. That is what every parent wants for their daughter, someone who will move heaven and earth to catch her attention...and to keep it.

You don't have to worry about regretting this later. He does.

(Thank GOD I only have boys. Any girl comes around here is getting her *kitten* kicked. If she survives, maybe we'll keep her.)
  • MeredithRN
    Options
    Oh, sweetie. My heart goes out to you. Where is your mother? :-)

Different cultures aside, if there is one thing I've learned about love it is this: When a man is *truly* interested, you do NOT have to post anything to find out. Now, he may become interested after learning you are infatuated, but it isn't the same. I know men who have sold their cars to purchase engagement rings, who have fallen before a word is even spoken. That is what every parent wants for their daughter, someone who will move heaven and earth to catch her attention...and to keep it.

You don't have to worry about regretting this later. He does.

(Thank GOD I only have boys. Any girl comes around here is getting her *kitten* kicked. If she survives, maybe we'll keep her.)

Agreed. Find a man who will treat you like the wonderful girl you are... actually dont. He will find YOU! :-D

I have a boy too... and I am terrified to have a girl. I like the whole initiation into the family you have going on... very fight club-survivor-mafiaesque. I will keep that in mind in 16 years, haha!