Please Keep This Post Bumped!

Options
Last night I along with most of humanity was saddened with the loss of Steve Jobs. Its hard to believe but in some way or another Steve Jobs had an impact on most people in the world.

This morning I woke up no longer saddened, but annoyed and pissed off.. With all the money floating around in the world being spent foolishly, why has there not been a cure for cancer?

I lost my grandmother 8 years ago to this disease, and I know a lot of you either know someone or hae a family member who has died from this disease. It is our modern day plague!

With all the millions and billions of dollars being spent on things that dont even mean to much to 99% of the population, why cant we focus just a bit more on finding a cure for cancer???

Im sorry if this post is coming across as a rant, but I promise you its not... Ive done what little bit I can personally to help fight this disease by making personal donations and doing other ACS sponsored events. I'm posting this in the hopes that it helps raise SOME awareness to this god awful disease.

Im not even sure if this is even allowed on the boards, so I hope the mods are a little lienient if it isnt...

I will end this post with a quote from Steve Jobs, his words say it all better than I could ever say it.

Thank you for reading this, and hopefully keeping this bumped for me.

"“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.­...." -Steve Jobs

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump

<3
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Great post! :flowerforyou:

Bump
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • becca_21
    becca_21 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said. Bump.
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I didn't believe that Steve Jobs died at first because I was unaware that he had cancer. I knew he had stepped down from Apple but I didn't know why. When I turned on the TV to check the news, there it was. I was shocked. It seems like pancreatic cancer in men is becoming the breast cancer in women.

Bump.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Last night I along with most of humanity was saddened with the loss of Steve Jobs. Its hard to believe but in some way or another Steve Jobs had an impact on most people in the world.

This morning I woke up no longer saddened, but annoyed and pissed off.. With all the money floating around in the world being spent foolishly, why has there not been a cure for cancer?

I lost my grandmother 8 years ago to this disease, and I know a lot of you either know someone or hae a family member who has died from this disease. It is our modern day plague!

With all the millions and billions of dollars being spent on things that dont even mean to much to 99% of the population, why cant we focus just a bit more on finding a cure for cancer???

Im sorry if this post is coming across as a rant, but I promise you its not... Ive done what little bit I can personally to help fight this disease by making personal donations and doing other ACS sponsored events. I'm posting this in the hopes that it helps raise SOME awareness to this god awful disease.

Im not even sure if this is even allowed on the boards, so I hope the mods are a little lienient if it isnt...

I will end this post with a quote from Steve Jobs, his words say it all better than I could ever say it.

Thank you for reading this, and hopefully keeping this bumped for me.

"“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.­...." -Steve Jobs

It's sad to see anybody die at such a young age, but get a grip, he wasn't the Messiah. Regarding a 'cure' for cancer, huge advances have been made in the last decades and cancers that were life-sentences before are now treatable and in some cases curable.

RIP Steve Jobs and anybody else that dies young, but a little perspective required.
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    RIP Steve Jobs
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    I know its tough to see someone dying of cancer, and even tougher when it is you. Steve Jobs was a great world changer.
    Having said that, The research for cancer cures is very well funded. People like you and me are giving every day as well as our government.
    I wish there were cures for all cancers, there are a few and its making great headway.

Oh, BUMP!
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bump. A very great loss.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My dad died from prostate cancer earlier this year.....BUMP
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Very well said!

BUMP
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    big ol bump!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I understand there have been "advances" made, and there have been treatments for some forms of cancer made available... My point is that something MORE should be done... There is so much excess money floating around in the world foolishly, some of which could be used to maybe do MORE for the cause of finding a cure for ALL cancers..

Thank you.