Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen?

Options
I am a scary movie junky and looking to load up my Netflix queue. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Blair Witch, Martyrs (the French do horror like no other) and, I'll admit it, Paranormal Activity (which was kind of dumb but I couldn't sleep alone for days after I saw it).

Replies

• Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Gigli.... still have nightmares.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Definitely the Ju-On series of Japanese horror films are the scariest. If you go to the Internet Movie Database website www.imdb.com, you can find a trailer of The Grudge (2002) (Japanese version).

The Others (starring Nicole Kidman) was creepy too.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Any Japanese Horror flicks..

and also The Strangers...that movie really messed with me, and I still get chills just thinking about it...
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    Definitely the Ju-On series of Japanese horror films are the scariest. If you go to the Internet Movie Database website www.imdb.com, you can find a trailer of The Grudge (2002) (Japanese version).

The Others (starring Nicole Kidman) was creepy too.

Oh yeah, I've seen all of the Japanese horror movies (I love Asian cinema in general). I LOVE them. And The Others was definitely creepy too.
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    Gigli.... still have nightmares.

Hahaha! I would be scared to admit I'd watched that movie if I were you!
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    Any Japanese Horror flicks..

and also The Strangers...that movie really messed with me, and I still get chills just thinking about it...

Oooh haven't seen the strangers - I'll put that one on my list.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's been out for quite a while, but 13 ghosts scared the ever living crap out of me. I couldn't even tell you the plot, I was hiding under my blanket for most of it. Of course, I'm a big wuss, but used to live with a horror movie buff.
    The most memorable ones I had severe issues with
    -The Grudge
    -The Ring
    Yea, I know. Lame, but it was mostly the sounds that creeped me out on these.
    - The Descent ( had some seriously bad moments after this one involving a dark basement, but I won't go into that)
    - House on Haunted Hill
    -Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    - And there's one that was based on a video game...the mist maybe? There was lots of fog and really screwed up monster things.
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This may sound silly but Jaws. That movie scarred me a tad bit.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's been out for quite a while, but 13 ghosts scared the ever living crap out of me. I couldn't even tell you the plot, I was hiding under my blanket for most of it. Of course, I'm a big wuss, but used to live with a horror movie buff.
    The most memorable ones I had severe issues with
    -The Grudge
    -The Ring
    Yea, I know. Lame, but it was mostly the sounds that creeped me out on these.
    - The Descent ( had some seriously bad moments after this one involving a dark basement, but I won't go into that)
    - House on Haunted Hill
    -Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    - And there's one that was based on a video game...the mist maybe? There was lots of fog and really screwed up monster things.

It was bugging me, had to go look it up. The last movie was "Silent Hill".....oober creepy.

@jamesdelong- don't feel bad. I still have issues going into deep water without hearing that damn theme song.
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options

I loved that movie! Great suspense flick.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    The exorcist still scares me to this day. Plus Human Centipede grossed me out and I was not okay for a few weeks.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    When I was a little kid, Twister was the first movie I saw with surround sound. It scared the SHIZ out of me... My parents couldn't handle me or my brother in a storm for years.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The Strangers! heebie jeebies
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    When I was a little kid, Twister was the first movie I saw with surround sound. It scared the SHIZ out of me... My parents couldn't handle me or my brother in a storm for years.

LOL - just got a funny mental image! Your poor parents!
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    The exorcist still scares me to this day. Plus Human Centipede grossed me out and I was not okay for a few weeks.

The new exorcist is even scarier! I would recommend that one to any scary movie fans. The reviews are bad but it did the job!

And omg the Human Centipede was ridiculous. I wanted it to be grosser. I know - what is WRONG with me. 1) I watched it at work as soon as it started streaming on Netflix and 2) I kept thinking "take the damn diapers off! I want to see how this thing WORKS!"
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    This may sound silly but Jaws. That movie scarred me a tad bit.

After watching Jaws, I would NOT go in the pool. For some reason I had no problem with the actual ocean but you could not get me in a pool for years.
  • carolinarollergirl
    Options
    light_shimmer: oh awesome! I will add that one to my list. I played the video game and it is terrifying!
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    For me it's the Paranormal Activity movies. The overly fake stuff doesn't do a thing for me but those Paranormal movies just spook you inside.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Any of the Halloween's - something about the music and anticipation ... UGH, my heart's in my throat the whole time.
    Children of the Corn - just all around creepy

Jaws freaked me out for several lifetimes - As did Open Water - the story of the couple who go on a scuba expedition and get "forgotten". :sick:
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Jaws freaked me out for several lifetimes - As did Open Water - the story of the couple who go on a scuba expedition and get "forgotten". :sick:

I seen open water. I have so much respect for the ocean.