would you consider plastic surgery?

Options
If you have reached your goal weight, you're fit, you eat better and know you gone as far as you can go but you still have a problem zone you just can not get rid of, would you let a doctor take it off? For example inner thigh fat or belly fat or skin that stays behind can be stubborn for some of us.
If I could afford it I'd do it, what about you?

Replies

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Goodness yes. Actually once I've lost the weight I've promised myself a boob job.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    absolutely - going for a consult in a couple weeks.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sure why not if I had the money and didn't have any responsibility that couldn't be ignored during my down time.

Why not? If it would make me happy.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    In a heartbeat . 4 kids later and the last delivery was a c-section. I think all the time that all the hard work I put into getting
    my body back and I will never ever have the flat tummy I miss so much so why bother. It really holds me back and keeps me
    at a stand still sometimes.

If I could afford it, I would definitely do it.
  • rockeraxXx
    Options
    Heck yah! I have an ugly lower tummy from having 3 babies. I don't think a million crunches will help. Once I reach my goal I do plan on a tummy tuck. However , its ten thousand dollars so I better start the car washes. lol. -rosalie-
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    absolutely!
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    wellllll,
    I don't know about getting any fat removed because it will most likely come back when I get older but I've always thought of maybe getting fake boobs. Only because I don't want them down by my knees when I'm old and gray...........but on the other hand the upkeep is pretty bad, having to get them redone every 5-10 years is a hell of a bill.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    heck yeah. if i could afford it, I would love to have some of the skin removed..
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Heck, I'm already thinking about the excess skin. sagging (more than now) breast I will have once I meet my final goal. The thought of surgery has come to mind. YES I would have surgery if I could afford it. If I've worked hard to loose the weight. I'd want to look my best.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I MIGHT have to resort to this.

See, I have very little fat around my collar bone/ shoulders/ chest area... My ribs are starting to show through. :( But I'm still super squishy around my belly.

First I'm going to lose more fat, then I'm going to build some chest muscle... Hopefully that will cover up the ribs... If it doesn't, and I STILL have the belly, then I might have to get the belly fat surgically taken care of. I DO NOT want my ribs to poke out, and I don't want a bulging belly either.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Never. Why lie to yourself and the world about Who you really are?
    Finding and loving someone for who they are beings out the beauty within in them and you.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    If you have reached your goal weight, you're fit, you eat better and know you gone as far as you can go but you still have a problem zone you just can not get rid of, would you let a doctor take it off? For example inner thigh fat or belly fat or skin that stays behind can be stubborn for some of us.
    If I could afford it I'd do it, what about you?

No. The only way I will ever get plastic surgery is if I was some how injured to where I was deformed and needed reconstructive surgery. Other than that, no way.
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I would love to get rid of the loose skin once all the weight is gone.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    YES! While I actually am on here to stay in shape and not lose weight...my stomach looks horrible due to pregnancy. The stretchmarks have faded and the skin is as tight as it's going to get. It's been nearly 8 years and it looks about the same as it was a month after I had my daughter. I miss the 6 pack I used to have. I can feel it underneath but due to the fat, skin, and generally sagginess due to the stretchmarks...a tummy tuck is a must! I haven't worn a bikini since I was 17. And being single again with these 'flaws' sure takes a hit at my selfesteem while trying to date. I never know what the man is thinking once he sees this stomach but if it's as much a turn off to him as it is to me...not good, lol.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Finding and loving someone for who they are beings out the beauty within in them and you.

So glad I'm not alone!! ;)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

So glad I'm not alone!! ;)

No, you are not alone.
  • AZDee
    AZDee Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Sure if it wasn't for the cost....I would love to get rid of excess skin and tighten up things, I am getting rid of the fat myself but some things I can't get rid of like the extra skin....
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    I wouldn't have fat liposuctioned out after reading this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/weekinreview/01kolata.html and learning about the long-term results of liposuction. Here's an important quote from it: The result, published in the latest issue of Obesity, was that fat came back after it was suctioned out. It took a year, but it all returned. But it did not reappear in the women’s thighs. Instead, Dr. Eckel said, “it was redistributed upstairs,” mostly in the upper abdomen, but also around the shoulders and triceps of the arms.

So it sounds like fat that's removed comes back in most cases, and in worse places.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I've thought about it repeatedly. I have dropped almost 50 pounds and have had 5 kids. My stomach skin isn't going to get any tighter. It just hands and overlaps. Yuck. In regards to finding and loving someone for who they are....why not stay weighing 300 pounds. What difference does it make if we are only considering inner beauty?

I would love to get some work done, but my daughter is getting married in July and that bill will be enough that there won't be any extra funds for a while.
  • lisabrune
    Options
    I am not so worried about problem areas of my body as I know it will never be exactly what I want it to be, but I will one day get a breast reduction to help with my overall health and confidence.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!