would you consider plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I would love to get the varicose veins stripped from my legs. I will someday, when I can afford it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a tummy tuck, with 6 pregnancies under my belt, my muscles separated
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    im getting a boob job next week :)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    without a doubt, I'd get a boob job, but for now, those chicken cutlet things will do.... *sigh*
  • Daniegirl2011
    Daniegirl2011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are your tummy tuck scars scarry (if u had one)?. I looked at pics of some of them & they throw me off. A part of me thinks wow muscles, flatness but the other part thinks wow frankenstein was here. I've seen some scars go nearly 360° around.
  • coleslawYSJ
    coleslawYSJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't think that I would. I'm feeling pretty awesome with my body even now as it is weighing in at 171. I know that it's not perfect. I've got lumps and bumps, and even with toning, I've accepted that I'll never have a flat tummy without a tummy tuck once I reach my goal weight, but I'm okay with that.

My whole life, I did always say I wanted a boob job, and said that when I turn 30, it will be my gift to myself. I'm coming on 30 within 6mths, my boobs are smaller than ever now (I went from a B38 down to barely an A cup), I wear a bra for shape only now), and amazingly enough, I actually LOVE them right now. Thanks to free weights, along with Avon Bust Sculpt cream, they are firm and look more proportionate with my body size, and that was really all I ever wanted.

We are all fighting the same battle here. Perfection is only an allusion. Weightloss goals, pants/dress sizes, losing inches, these are all attainable feats. Reaching them should be all the reward and satisfaction we need♥
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    No doubt.
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think so because the fat cells aren't really gone and it would be regress to how it was before.
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have a chin implant...does that count? Was in a very bad car accident when I was little and without it, my jaw wouldn't have anything to attach to. So technically, yes, I've had plastic surgery, when I was 8. Anything else? No, probably not. I have no issue with people that have it, but I spend enough time laid up and unable to work/function due to Lupus, I don't need to do anything that would make me have to take more recovery time.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't do pain...I have no pain tolerance that I'm aware of. And I hear that *kitten* hurts. My answer is no....
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it.... I would take that money and go on a really sweet vacation.

I understand the desire to with loose skin but thankfully I never got big enough/am still young enough that everything will probably spring back just fine. Other than that, I'm never going to be physically perfect and I would never let anybody chop me up in an effort to be.
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am 100% getting a breast lift when I'm done having kids AND have saved some $! It will be a few years down the road, but it's happening! I would consider a tummy tuck, too.
  • Dylanzmom
    Dylanzmom Posts: 120
    Options
    Yup I would do it again. Had no problems the first time and no pain. Had an awesome dr and I would go back
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    In college I would have said, "NO WAY! We care too much about appearances! This is sexism at work in our lives, making us feel less than we are because of our looks! Why torture yourself to meet an unattainable standard of beauty!"

Now I'm 33.

I would so totally get a boob job to prevent my nice pair from looking crappy. You only live once, and I'm sick of my arm flab. Would it make me happier in my life to get rid of it surgically?

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY.

Will I ever be able to afford it?

Hells no.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Never. Why lie to yourself and the world about Who you really are?
    Finding and loving someone for who they are beings out the beauty within in them and you.

Yeah none of that is why I would get surgery.. when you lose a bunch of weight it is sometimes uncomfortable and doesn't work to still have extra skin in the way.. It has little to do with appearance and not loving who I am. It has everything to do with physical hold backs that make me truly be who I am..
  • Lucylaser
    Lucylaser Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It would be a no for me.

Have always had big boobs and they do not shrink no matter how much weight I lose.

I actually met with a Dr. about a reduction and my insurance would have covered it 100%. But I backed out at the 11th hour. The whole idea really creeped me out.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Heck yes I would. Just for problem areas though... not boobs or face or anything.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Heck yes I would. Just for problem areas though... not boobs or face or anything.
    Well, neither your boobs nor your face are problem areas. People get plastic surgery in an attempt to look as good as you.:love:
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Never ever. I personally don't believe in surgery, medication, etc that are unnecessary to have a fulfilling, healthy life. I am the girl that last year asked my ENT doctor over and over if he was positive fixing my septum wouldn't change the appearance of my nose. He told me he has never had a woman come in so concerned about NOT fixing her nose haha. Seriously though...I know everyone has their personal choices and it is ultimately your body so I don't judge. I just could never do it to myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!