would you consider plastic surgery?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If you have reached your goal weight, you're fit, you eat better and know you gone as far as you can go but you still have a problem zone you just can not get rid of, would you let a doctor take it off? For example inner thigh fat or belly fat or skin that stays behind can be stubborn for some of us.
    If I could afford it I'd do it, what about you?

This is my current situation. I'm going to keep trying on my thighs. Lippo does weird things to your body. I might get boobs some day though.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I would. My belly looks like the end of a hot dog from carrying two babies. I would love to finally feel sassy. I wouldn't consider it hiding or running away from who I am, I would see it as a reminder of how hard I worked.

And my boobs seems to be getting smaller. I hated my boobs ALL MY LIFE, I'm finally embracing them and seeing them as beautiful and they are disappearing. Oh life, how you drive me crazy, lol. I would also get normal implants, not some Chesty McJugs nonsense! :)

And that is all. My nose is horrible to me but I would never change it.
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't know. My first reaction to this question was...sure, why not. I mean, if I...er...WHEN I get to my goal weight, etc I think if I had spots that still sagged, etc I'd consider it. I guess the main thing would be if I could afford it, then I would get it. IF....that is.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    if I could afford it, probably. but If i was that rich, I probably would get myself a Persoanl trainer and nutrisionist first, and if I really still could not do better within a year, I probably would...

I would do a boob job anyday tho.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If I could afford it I would definitely get work done. I've worked hard, but I can't enjoy it due to the road map that is my stomach and legs after having my daughter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    If you have reached your goal weight, you're fit, you eat better and know you gone as far as you can go but you still have a problem zone you just can not get rid of, would you let a doctor take it off? For example inner thigh fat or belly fat or skin that stays behind can be stubborn for some of us.
    If I could afford it I'd do it, what about you?
    If I had a problem area at 7% body fat, yep I'd consider it.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Never. Why lie to yourself and the world about Who you really are?
    Finding and loving someone for who they are beings out the beauty within in them and you.

So glad I'm not alone!! ;)

I agree totally with this idea. Love yourself for you not some fake you.
    I can live with problem areas, At least I still have my health, some people are not so lucky to have that.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Never! Every surgery has risks and I have too many people who love me and depend on me to take a risk for something purely cosmetic. The only reason I would ever get surgery is if I had to for some medical reason.
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    i used to tell my hubby I wanted a tummy tuck and a breast lift once I reach goal weight. Now I'm so happy with the accomplishments I've had over the past few months, I'm not too sure about it i am starting to really llove me =)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Four ~9 pound babies....I deserve a tummy tuck.:ohwell: I breast fed too. Guess what else needs help.:sad:
    there will never be enough money unless we win the lottery and I haven't bought at ticket in 6 months. EVen then I'd have tough time spending the money when there is so much need around us.:ohwell:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've already got plans to. Once I hit goal weight I'm getting a breast reduction/lift. I've probably got 8-10lbs in boobs alone... and losing weight does nothing for me... they stick around... even at my lightest I didn't go down in cup size, only in band size. Yes it's about looks, but it's also about being comfortable and having a back left when I'm 40.
    But I do know I have one SMALL area of pudge over one hip that sticks around even when I'm thinner so when I get my boobs done, if that sticks around this time as well I'll probably see how much it would cost to get him to take the small area out since I'm already under.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Never. Why lie to yourself and the world about Who you really are?
    Finding and loving someone for who they are beings out the beauty within in them and you.

I've thought about it repeatedly. I have dropped almost 50 pounds and have had 5 kids. My stomach skin isn't going to get any tighter. It just hands and overlaps. Yuck. In regards to finding and loving someone for who they are....why not stay weighing 300 pounds. What difference does it make if we are only considering inner beauty?

I would love to get some work done, but my daughter is getting married in July and that bill will be enough that there won't be any extra funds for a while.

Why lose the weight? Simply put...so you are healthy and are able to enjoy your journey of life longer. part of WHO you are is the choices you made in the past to be where you are now. accept who you are, love who you are.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    Options
    i used to tell my hubby I wanted a tummy tuck and a breast lift once I reach goal weight. Now I'm so happy with the accomplishments I've had over the past few months, I'm not too sure about it i am starting to really llove me =)

<<APPLAUD>>
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If it makes you that unhappy, then why not?
    But I'd try everything else first. Going under the knife when you don't absolutely have to wouldn't be my first choice.
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    already did . got a tummy tuck and breast aug. best 11 grand i ever spent
  • BigDaddyBRC
    Options
    ENVY is a *****, ain't it?
    Ever think to consider that humanity is the only species in which the female STRIVES to look better than the male. Dont miss interpret that statement as sexist... I am talking Naturally. Wether it be characteristics or size....it is the only one.
  • myguiltypleasure
    Options
    I have asked myself this question before a lot. I'm too scared that something would go wrong and I'd end up scarred or worse. I don't love everything about my body but I would never forgive myself if I messed it up with a elective surgery.
  • laz22girl
    Options
    Yep, I got my arm skin removed this summer,

I'd like to get my tummy and boobs done.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Sure. I'd like a tummy tuck and breast lift.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. I refuse to have a waddle under my chin when I am older!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!