Frozen Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal Roll

Options

Replies

• 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    I finally got around to making these. The first batch I made was pretty good. The kid and the man liked them. I thought they needed more. This time I added a 1tsp of instant coffee. Pretty freaking amazing. I have a few in the freezer for just in case of emergencies.
  • Yummy! I might have to make this tonight!!!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    bump
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bunp!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Here is an easy recipe that I like to make when I'm needing something sweet and I don't feel like baking. It is very satisfying and chewy like a granola bar. You can also form into little bite size pieces so you have a stash in the freezer whenever you need to fulfill a craving:) I hope you enjoy this!

1 tsp Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (31 cal)
    1/2 envelope Nestle Rich Hot Chocolate (40 cal) how many grams is that?
    1/2 cup quick oats (150 cal)

221 Calories for the whole thing.
    (You may be able to lessen the calories more by finding a lower calorie hot cocoa mix.)

Mix all ingredients together with about 1 TB water. Form into a roll place in saran wrap and put in freezer for about 30 min.
    Whats a TB of water? this sounds fab but im not sure of some of the things and i wouldnt want to get it wrong.x :bigsmile:
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    Here is an easy recipe that I like to make when I'm needing something sweet and I don't feel like baking. It is very satisfying and chewy like a granola bar. You can also form into little bite size pieces so you have a stash in the freezer whenever you need to fulfill a craving:) I hope you enjoy this!

1 tsp Jif Creamy Peanut Butter (31 cal)
    1/2 envelope Nestle Rich Hot Chocolate (40 cal) how many grams is that?
    1/2 cup quick oats (150 cal)

221 Calories for the whole thing.
    (You may be able to lessen the calories more by finding a lower calorie hot cocoa mix.)

Mix all ingredients together with about 1 TB water. Form into a roll place in saran wrap and put in freezer for about 30 min.
    Whats a TB of water? this sounds fab but im not sure of some of the things and i wouldnt want to get it wrong.x :bigsmile:
    how many grams is an envelope of hot choc, is that a single sachet?
    sorry for the dumb questions btw!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    Options
    Alright I tried it...but I didn't have cocoa mix (but I had cocoa powder lol). I also added more PB & cool whip.

Here is what it turned out like. (also turned out to be 285 thanks to the PB)

Shake-001-2.jpg?t=
    that looks awesome!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sheila0321
    sheila0321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Sharing.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    OMG! I sooooo need to make this!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I could just use a scoop of chocolate protein powder instead of the hot cocoa...would give me the same sweet factor but one or two of them would suffice for after a workout when time is short...hmmm..

Thanks for posting this!
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    What an awesome idea!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    This recipe is evil!!:frown:

It didn't make it to the freezer:sad: :laugh:

Edited to add: I used so delicious coconut milk instead of water.
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • phatgirl29
    phatgirl29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!:laugh:
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Lots of people seem to have been able to make them work... so it must work, but I still have to ask. Is it really only one teaspoon of peanut butter? Seems like that would not be enough to get 1 cup of dry ingredients to stick together. It seems like one tablespoon of water (?) and one 1 teaspoon of sticky stuff and 1 cup of dry. Does it really work?
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Bump