Down 161 lbs since January 2011, feeling great Update

Options

Replies

• brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! I had to call my husband to the room so he could see...
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration for both you and your wife! Congrats!
  • leftymae5454
    Options
    You give me hope! I am going to print your pictures and tape them to my mirror! You love amazing, wonderful, healthy, happy, bless, great, premium, excellent I can go on and on! Thanks for sharing this
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I have been following your story since I have been here. . thank you for being such an amazing inspiration. .Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. . .So happy that you and your wife have shared this journey , getting healthy and fit together. . love reading all the NSV's that you have had along the way. . wow. . Congratulations~:smile:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, that is a remarkable change! Congratulations! I'm with everyone else when I ask "What did you do?!"

In researching gastric bypass, my wife found a diet and nutrition plan with a local hospital. for the first 20 weeks we ate meal replacement bars/shakes three times a day and one real meal a day. I cut out alcohol and starchy carbs for the first 20 weeks slowly reintroducing them after week 20. After the first week you don't even crave the carbs but that first week is hell. Work out wise mostly cardio starting out at 15 minutes a day three days a week, now I do an hour 6-7 days a week and I work out with a personal trainer two days a week.

Some people don't want real restrictions on the weight loss journey, I needed it to prove I can do it myself now. Since week 26, I have been on all food and still losing a good amount of weight each week. This week I lost 3.8 lbs. This restrictive planned has given me the discipline one needs to maintain myself for the rest of my life, hopefully.
  • sweets2001
    Options
    That's awesome! You look great! Truly an inspiration!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Great going !
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    wow what did u do for exercise, you look amazinggggggg!!

Mostly cardio, I started out walking 2 miles around the neighborhood a couple times a week, then did some wii games to break the monotony, then did some walking/jogging and now I do mostly jogging/running. When I started out I was doing about 30 minutes a day, now I do around an hour or so. I have also started within the last month of working with a personal trainer two days a week for an hour plus running 4 to 5 days a week. He wants me to slow down on the cardio a little.

LIsten to your trainer, excess cardio kills. So happy to read about your accomplishments. :) Thanks for all the pics, very encouraging to those who will soon be where you are. Have you considered using Kettlebells. I heartily recommend using Lauren Brooks DVD Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells. Watching your transition and reading your posts, I would think you'd be very happy with the ROI (return on investment) from Kettlebells at this stage of your journey!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You look GREAT and I'm sure you feel like a whole different person! Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Super inspirational!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wow... you have lost me and then some pounds! THAT IS AWESOME! You are so inspiring!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to go
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Awesome job.
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is a great amount of weight to lose.
    Are you eating real food for all meals now?
    Def agree with your PT on the cardio, strength training you need more than cardio :)
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! That's an amazing story! You look fantastic and I'm sure your wife does, too! You both have done wonderful things here. That's a whole person you lost!! I am so in awe! Best wishes for the rest of your journey.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    really amazing!
  • ladygh
    ladygh Posts: 31
    Options
    You look amazing - total transformation. It is great! You are an inspiration.:smile:
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, great job!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!!!!
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and I also look through the success stories to find inspiration on those days I feel like giving up. Congrats to you and your wife!!! Keep up the great work..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!