Down 161 lbs since January 2011, feeling great Update

Options

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    wow what did u do for exercise, you look amazinggggggg!!

Mostly cardio, I started out walking 2 miles around the neighborhood a couple times a week, then did some wii games to break the monotony, then did some walking/jogging and now I do mostly jogging/running. When I started out I was doing about 30 minutes a day, now I do around an hour or so. I have also started within the last month of working with a personal trainer two days a week for an hour plus running 4 to 5 days a week. He wants me to slow down on the cardio a little.

LIsten to your trainer, excess cardio kills. So happy to read about your accomplishments. :) Thanks for all the pics, very encouraging to those who will soon be where you are. Have you considered using Kettlebells. I heartily recommend using Lauren Brooks DVD Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells. Watching your transition and reading your posts, I would think you'd be very happy with the ROI (return on investment) from Kettlebells at this stage of your journey!

I have some Kettlebells, I am sure the trainer will work them in some how, the bells are actually my wives so I don't know if they are heavy enough for me, I think they are like 10, 15, and 20lbs.
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow. Unbelievable. That is fantastic.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Mostly cardio, I started out walking 2 miles around the neighborhood a couple times a week, then did some wii games to break the monotony, then did some walking/jogging and now I do mostly jogging/running. When I started out I was doing about 30 minutes a day, now I do around an hour or so. I have also started within the last month of working with a personal trainer two days a week for an hour plus running 4 to 5 days a week. He wants me to slow down on the cardio a little.

What an amazing change! Curious about why your trainer wants you to slow down on the cardio?
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

What an amazing change! Curious about why your trainer wants you to slow down on the cardio?

He just doesn't want me to do too much, he will usually start me out with 10 to 15 minutes of some cardio, but we chat throughout the week, and I will text him, what I do during the week like running 5 miles one day or ride 15 miles another day. He more wants me to take a day off during the week to give my body some time to recover. He thinks I can get more burn by building muscle than cardio, he's like when you were as heavy as you were cardio was the best thing, but now as I get closer to goal, I have some loose skin he's helping me tone and by building the muscle it will be more helpful than shredding the fat through cardio. Unfortunately I am boardering on the edge of exercise anorexia, which he's helping me out with. I feel that if I eat some frozen yogurt or have a couple beers, I am completely jeopardizing the weight loss, I am scared as hell of gaining it back. It will take some time for me to realize that it will take a series of overeating to get back to what I was before. It won't happen if I eat a couple hundred calories of frozen yogurt once a week or every other week.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    OMGosh! So inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing your story, your pictures, your workouts and a little about how you got started "diet wise" -- so glad to see how it's all come together for you and your beautiful wife!

Just can't thank you enough for sharing. You have really touched me.

Peace,
    Loree
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You and your wife looks absolutely STUNNING!! Way to go and thanks sooo much for sharing!
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a journey...you look great (and in the pics without the cap you look years younger!)
  • kahavi
    kahavi Posts: 35
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    That's not amazing, its

FANTASTMAGORICAL!!!!!!!!

You are an inspiration!!
  • Primrose1960
    Primrose1960 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    great result for you both. It was great that you had each other to go through the experience together. AMAZING loss of weight! well done and here is looking forward to a long and healthy life together.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/363099-down-161-lbs-since-january-2011-feeling-great-update#congratulations!!! that is so awesome! would love to see pics of you and your wife!! keep it up you two!:happy:
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Well done. You are a true inspiration.
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow what you did is amazing! Keep up the great work.... and remember it's a marathon and you are winning :-)
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow - amazing! Well done to your wife too for her weight loss.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Here's a Before and After of my wife and I, first pic was taken last October in Vegas for a wedding and the after was taken about a month ago at a friends wedding in South Carolina

Before

KatieandILouieswedding102010.jpg

After

KatieandIBrianswedding2092011.jpg

Congrats to your wife too!! Aesome! :flowerforyou:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You look great, but more importantly... you look HEALTHY!!!!!! Yay for being around another 50 years!!!!!!

Awesome is an understatement....
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    A very handsome man is emerging! What an inspiring story. Loved your pictures! Thank you for sharing.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great job, thanks for sharing..keep MFP'rs motivated!!! That said, I need to jack up my walking/jogging and shift into another gear.

Can you give the Eagles a call and help train them!?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!