What to do with Cottage Cheese..

Options

Replies

• Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I mix it with sliced strawberries & raisins & use it as a "dip" with Special K wheat crackers...really yummy!
  • ScoutMomAng
    Options
    you could just eat it! If you put sliced peaches in it, it will sweeten up the cottage cheese and make a delicious healthy snack. I love cottage cheese and could sit and eat it all day.

If you want a recipe you could mix it with some fresh or packaged ricotta cheese and make a lasagna or stuffed tubes! message me if you need a recipe.
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Spread it on your favorite bread sprinkle sweetener and cinnamin and put under broiler delish!!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I have never fancied cottage cheese, but I think i'll buy a pot and give it a go.
  • STACEBAR
    Options
    MMMMM I want some right now LOL Love it with pepper on it! Sometimes I have it with pepper and fat free ranch dressing! <-- heavenly!

I use the fat free cottage cheese!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Roasted peppers stuffed with cottage cheese- flavoured with green or red pesto. mmmmm.

Also- I add chilli sauce (usually thai sweet chilli sauce) to my cottage cheese and use cucumber sticks to dip into it.
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I mix it with steamed cabbage, browned ground turkey, Delallo Fat Free Marinara and Simply Organic All Purpose Seasoning. Makes a tasty low carb "lasagna"
  • ekrier2
    ekrier2 Posts: 50
    Options
    Cottage Cheese with garlic salt and pepper and then add some paprika or cayene pepper mix and then eat with pretzel thins or triscuits. YUMMIE>
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I add sweetner and loads of cinnamon then put it on whole grain toast. Pop it in the micro for 10 +- seconds and it's yummy.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just started adding cocoa powder and some sweetener to it and I'm now addicted! lol
    I also added the cocoa to greek yogurt and the result is I have 2 new go-to's when I'm craving something chocolate, creamy & sweet.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, vanilla yogurt and the fruit of your choice... yum!
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    I'm so craving cottage cheese now!

My favorite is I make a faux lasagne with zucchini slices (sometimes I dip them in egg whites whisked and brown them first in a nonstick pan), then chunky marinara sauce, cottage cheese (blended with Italian herbs, salt & pepper) and then on the top with a small sprinkle of Parmesan or fat free mozzerella. Bake until bubbly!!!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I like to add a touch of Italian dressing to it. Yummy. Or I put it in salads.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese mixed with applesauce and a bit of cinnamon! YUM!
    I do this but throw it in the food processor bc I hate the texture of cottage cheese. I love it as a pudding, though. So do my kidlets.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've been tossing some walnuts in mine with a dash of paprika, dill weed and salt. Sounds gross, but it's actually kind of tasty!!
  • Cosmoc
    Cosmoc Posts: 1
    Options
    I mix mine with lo-fat yogurt. Satisfies my desire for ice cream.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    So glad you ask. I had no idea you could do all of these things with cottage cheese. Thanks for helping the rest of us. As for me, I get the Dole Peach Fruit cups and mix half (peaches and syrup) in with a half a cup of Cottage Cheese. I do plan on trying a lot of the suggestions here because I love cottage cheese. Good to know you should eat some before bed. Thanks
  • vhataway
    Options
    How do you make homemade chunky applesauce?