Women-Is It Hard to Find a Shirt When U Have Big Boobs

Options
124»

Replies

• Vermonster1966
    Options
    Not to disrespect anyone here, but I am a 42 K, yes they make bras that size, and bigger. I would give anything to be a size B.
  • Vermonster1966
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You will be spending lots of money on your bras. No more buying off the rack. Mine are $60 each. I have to get mine from department stores like Nordstroms or Macy's since finding a small band size with a large cup size is nearly impossible. I'm a 32E and I wish I was a 32C.

No sweaters with patterns because the pattern gets all distorted over the boob area.
    No button up shirts unless you have them tailored.
    No turtlenecks.
    No babydoll dresses
    No empire waist shirts/dresses.
    No shift dresses unless you get them altered.

You'll be fine though. It will be a bit of a perspective change but you'll notice that when you try on your old wardrobe with your new boobs.
    Yes, theyre great but it can be difficult to not come across slutty. Some tank tops on smaller girls look downright scandalous on me!
    And I do think they make me look fatter than I really am in a lot of clothes.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Whoaaa.. this is an OLD post.

Well I have already had the surgery TWO days agoand Im now a D/DD cup. Still swelling, but I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!! Worth the money.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Haha! You'll love them more once the swelling goes down, the pain goes away and you *really* get to show them off :)

My MIL loves her new boobs, too :D She also got D's under the muscle. She's 5'7" and they look great.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Haha! You'll love them more once the swelling goes down, the pain goes away and you *really* get to show them off :)

My MIL loves her new boobs, too :D She also got D's under the muscle. She's 5'7" and they look great.

really??? yayyy! im so happy.. they hurt a buttload right now, thankful for pain meds, but im going back to work tomorrow-3 days post op!
  • thebeadinggoddess
    Options
    Yep even when i weighed 108lbs I had DD cups! no offense but I never understood why women wanted those. I have horrible back pain. Have since I got my boobs!!!! But as long as it makes you happy that is all that matters.

having big boobs means if you want a bathing suit you will always have to switch the tops out for a larger set
    You will have to buy wider strapped bras- This helps from the straps digging into your shoulders and causing pain
    You will most certainly never wear a small shirt again unless it is supper stretchy but the men like that! LOL

Breasts have there ups and downs. My aunt had a boob job and she is in her late 50's LOL but she loves them and hasnt complained about any problems so I guess it is just me! but personally, I would love to have a boob reduction! but there is no way I could afford it! Hoping the weight loss makes them shrink LOL

Big boobs are fun but they can be a pain too!!!! :) Good luck and I hope you recover well after your surgery :) Oh and have fun searching for clothes. Honestly go with the stretchy ones if you want a nice forming fit!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the posts here but I am somewhat on the bigger side (typically a 36D, but it depends upon my BF%, obviously). I really LOVE boat/bateau necklines. For some reason I feel like they flatter my figure without me constantly having to worry about showing "too much" (I teach at the college level -- I need to not draw too many eyes).

If you are looking for more showy wardrobe ideas, I would highly recommend checking out some of Zuzana's tops (http://bodyrock.tv). She posts fashion haul videos from time-to-time. She has a tiny waist and... um... "enhanced" girls and she sure knows how to show them off. :happy:
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to find clothes that fit with large breasts. I'm a natural 38 DDD and if I don't want to look like I'm accentuating my boobs by having shirts that fit and show that my waist is smaller than my boob then I look like I'm pregnant. And forget about button ups. They gap like crazy. I'm actually looking forward to losing enough weight so that I can get a reduction.

Please rethink having them enlarged......I have severe back pain, see a chiropractor on a moderately regular basis and have a hard time doing certain workout exercises due to my boobs moving so much they hurt or getting in the way. Bigger is NOT always better.

Even my wonderful hubby who is a boob man is in complete support of my eventual reduction because of all the pain and problems they cause me.
  • tkacomet
    tkacomet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    button-ups or other non-stretchy material - buy to fit the bust and then invest in tailoring to bring in the waist. you'll be happy you did, it will save you $ in the long run as a few well-tailored shirts make up for constantly trying to buy the right shirt off the rack, only to stick it in the back of the closet.

otherwise - your boobs take up more material, so an off-the-rack shirt that would hang normally on a b-cup chest will be short. I have begun buying "tunic" length shirts and I'm very happy with the result. I'm not a tall person (5'3") but I found most standard shirts to be far too short and ended up constantly tugging my shirts down.
  • siabevis
    Options
    I haven't read all the posts here but I am fairly large-chested naturally. I really LOVE boat/bateau necklines. For some reason I feel like they flatter my figure without me constantly having to worry about showing "too much" (I teach at the college level -- I need to not draw too many eyes).

If you are looking for more showy wardrobe ideas, I would highly recommend checking out some of Zuzana's tops (http://bodyrock.tv). She posts fashion haul videos from time-to-time. She has a tiny waist and... um... "enhanced" girls and she sure knows how to show them off. :happy:

I LOVE Zuzana!! Im not sure why this old thread was brought back up. I already got my surgery and LOVE my results. Lol Im not worried about clothing, Im sure I can make things work. This is an old thread, let it die. :)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zuzana!! Im not sure why this old thread was brought back up. I already got my surgery and LOVE my results. Lol Im not worried about clothing, Im sure I can make things work. This is an old thread, let it die. :)
    Yeah. I know you got your surgery b/c we're friends. I was just providing general suggestions for interested parties. I find clothes shopping to be somewhat more difficult than it might be for people with a smaller chest, but mine aren't "huge" by any means, just a bit on the larger size for my frame (I don't need to get special bras or anything). If I recall, you didn't opt for anything really disproportionate, either, so you shouldn't have much of a problem.
  • siabevis
    Options
    Yeah. I know you got your surgery b/c we're friends. I was just providing general suggestions for interested parties. I find clothes shopping to be somewhat more difficult than it might be for people with a smaller chest, but mine aren't "huge" by any means, just a bit on the larger size for my frame (I don't need to get special bras or anything). If I recall, you didn't opt for anything really disproportionate, either, so you shouldn't have much of a problem.

Thanks girl :) Sounds good!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    ohhhh yeah its going to suck :) I'm a DD. Halter tops are surprisingly good :)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    ohhhh yeah its going to suck :) I'm a DD. Halter tops are surprisingly good :)