17 dd for 10/10/11!

Options

Replies

• 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the after effect of me coming off my cycle, but I think I am losing a pound a day! I've only been doing this since Wednesday and I am down 4 lbs. Is anyone else experiencing these results?
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    kristizzzle... Bringing stuff to school is hard for me, so I get it. Just carry your food in containers, and maybe in a small cooler-type bag. It's great if you can warm up chicken and stuff at work! Switch it up with some fish (tuna, and sardines). Sardines in a can is very convenient sometimes. I love them! Keep the veggies interesting, so it seems like a change, and use different spices. I put turmeric and cumin on my fish today. I need to bake some chicken soon...
    I don't know if it's the after effect of me coming off my cycle, but I think I am losing a pound a day! I've only been doing this since Wednesday and I am down 4 lbs. Is anyone else experiencing these results?
    For sure! I started Wednesday, and I'm down 7.4!! I had a big cheat today, but it was brown rice flour at least. Can't say the same for the syrup... Don't be me. :laugh:
  • shellonthebeach
    shellonthebeach Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. Did a 5k walk/run. Cheated and had some of my baby's leftover oatmeal, two bananas after the race and cheddar cheese in my salad at lunch. I'm okay with it though considering the day I had.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    shellonis... No worries! Especially on the cheese! Congrats on your run!!

Is everyone gone for the weekend?
  • LaLainya
    Options
    I'm here! So far I am down 6 lbs and I will admit that I had a few cheats this weekend. I have been doing so well sticking to this plan through the week but weekends with the family can definitely be challenging. However, I was still well under my calorie goal for the day. Today I am going grocery shopping and planning out the weekly menu.....I am pretty sure this is how I was able to be so successful through the week. I plan on spending this morning scouting the Dr.s 17 Day diet board for some new recipe ideas. I hear ya kristizzzle, it gets old having the same thing over and over again! I am pretty sure this link is posted in another 17 day forum but in case you don't have it here are some excellent recipe ideas for cycle 1: http://www.thedoctorstv.com/forums/527-17-Day-Diet-Recipes.

Good luck to everyone today and cheers to the upcoming successful week!
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    Steph- actually, no that is not a recipe that is in the book! I'm not sure babybell cheeses are allowed...but I figure they are only 35 calories and when matched with something nutritious that is definitely on the diet- it is a much better snack when you're craving a little treat than having some cheezits or something!

OKAY! So...I had a few cheats this weekend but I'm not letting that throw me off track! I finally have the book now, and now that I've actually read through the first few chapters and know more about cycle one I, I am eager to continue with 17dd and really try to stick to it. I really, really dont want to have to go through the whole "next week will be better" thing each week. So Im deciding right now that I wont! I went grocery shopping last night and my fridge is stock FULL of yummy veggies and lean meats mmmm.

QUESTION: A snack that I really love (esp. in the fall) is- i know it may sound weird- canned pumpkin. I either mix it with my vanilla yogurt or put some truvia in it to sweeten it, then add some cinnamon/maybe nutmeg and its like a healthy pumkin pie slice with only about 50/60 calories! I know that pumpkin has some health benefits and is fairly nutritious but its obviously not on the list for cycle one.... is anyone else taking their own liberties on this thing or are you sticking only to the things listed in the book?
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    I also wanted to ask if any of you are interested in a homemade yogurt recipe? I dont know if you guys have ever made homemade yogurt but its super easy and when you eat a lot of it (which we are kind of supposed to on this diet) not needing to buy yogurt every week really saves a penny! You can control how many calories it is too, along with flavor and all that... I do it every week so I just thought I would make the offer to share it with you all!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I've lost 8.4 lbs to date! :noway: :happy:

LaLainya... Nice loss!! I have mini cheats at least once a day... :ohwell: Great idea with the weekly menu! I need to find more recipe ideas as well! Mine are so plain. I don't even follow the ones in the book. :laugh: Good thing I'm used to bland food. My chicken yesterday tasted like nothing.

Gogretchen... Yeah! I would go for the cheese too! Glad the book has motivated you even more! I did the huge fridge stocking of veggies as well. :laugh: Pumpkin and yogurt with spices sounds like the most yumiest thing in the world!! If I had some goat yogurt around here, I would try that! I think you can have pumpkin and squash in cycle 2, so I say go for it! I have tofu and edamame pretty often and don't give it a second thought. PLEASE share your yogurt recipe! Maybe I could make some from my goat milk... Which is getting old, even though it's in the freezer...
  • bail01
    bail01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like the yogurt recipe :)

does it turn out like Greek yogurt or regular yogurt? I love greek yogurt, but it's soo expensive!
  • Loves2snack
    Loves2snack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I have lost 6 pounds. 3 pounds since starting this diet, hows everyone doing this awesome monday morning?!
  • LaLainya
    Options
    So far it has been a very successful start to the week. I packed a healthy breakfast and lunch for work. After I got off work I spent an hour at they gym. Now it is dinner time and I need to prepare it for the whole family.....I have some Italian seasoned ground turkey and the kids love sloppy Joes so I think I will get creative with some variation on that(of course without the bread for me).

Steph, 8.4 lbs!?!? You are smoke'n! Keep up the great work! And it is good to know you are able to do it with your small cheats. :)

GoGretchen, I would love the yogurt recipe! Is it thick like the greek? I spend way too much money on that stuff every week!

Also, can you believe that we are just about half way through cylce 1 already(for those of us who started last Monday anyways) I love how quickly these cycles fly by. XD
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Loves2snack... Fantastic going!!

LaLainya... I'm glad to hear you followed through on your plan, and got to the gym, even!
  • shellonthebeach
    shellonthebeach Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    congrats to loves2snack and steph for their weight loss. keep it going ladies!

i had a horrible day yesterday with no exercise and lots of cheats. it all started at work when i had a pumpernickel bagel with butter. i was hungry and it was free :). lunch i piled on the tuna salad and crab meat on my salad and dinner i had curry chicken with jasmine rice and ritz crackers as a snack. i was feeling so lazy and tired that i didn't want to think about cooking or making food.

i'm hoping to get back on track today. starting with my early morning workout with some strength training worked into it.

have a great day everyone.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would love the yogurt recipe too!
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    I would like the yogurt recipe :)

does it turn out like Greek yogurt or regular yogurt? I love greek yogurt, but it's soo expensive!

Here is the recipe! It turns out like regular yogurt, even a little bit thinner than that. But its yummy. I love Greek yogurt too- I want to learn to make that next!

Homemade Yogurt! (Edit post)
    Posted on 10/18/2011 by Gogretchen1

Hey all! I'm so happy to share this recipe with you all because its SO easy and so much more affordable than favorite/popular yogurt brand.

SO.. things you will need

- 4 cups/1 quart milk (I use skim...but most people use whole milk. It works fine with skim, though!)

- 1/2 cup yogurt (whatever you have in your fridge, make sure it has REAL culture in it)

- 1/2 cup dry milk (optional)

- flavoring ingredients (also optional) I like to use agave nectar and vanilla extract

- thermometer

- large thermus.

This is definitely an easy thing to make, but you also need to be precise. One little mistake and you can mess the whole thing up. First, heat your milk on the stovetop until it reaches exactly 170 degrees, stirring pretty much constantly. As it is heating, you may add your desired amount of dry milk. The dry milk is optional. What it does is thicken the yogurt (without it your yogurt will be soupy...still tasty..but soupy) and it also adds protien and other vitamins. Yes, it also adds calories because it is so concentrated but I like my yogurt thicker...so I deal with the few extra cals. As you make your own yogurt mort often, you will find an amount that works well for you. Once your dry milk is mixed in and your thermometer hits 170 degrees, immediately remove the pot from the heat and let it cool until it reaches 110 degrees. Note- make sure that you dont hold the thermometer in the middle bottom of the pot when you take the tempurature...you could jump the gun on removing it form heat. Once it is cooled (this will take a while) you can add your 1/2 cup of yogurt. I like to mix about 1/4 cup of the warm milk with the yogurt first, so that it mixes better when you pour it all in.

Finally, you pour the mixture into the thermus, wrap a towel around it to contain the heat even more, and WAIT. Online, it says to let it sit for 6-8 hours. I usually make it before I go to bed so that it is ready in the morning:) You can check on it when you think its been long enough and if its not thick enough...just let it sit for a while longer.

Once its reached a consistency you like, you may flavor it. I dont have exact measurements for the vanilla or agave nectar because I usually eye-ball it but you don't need much! Start small- you can always add more. (Once I put too much in and practially ruined the whole batch because it was way too sweet... learn from my mistakes, haha)

chill it. and enjoy it!

One serving, or a 1/2 cup is about 130 calories...but this varies depending on the amount of drymilk and the sweeteners you use.
  • LaLainya
    Options
    Thanks! I will definitly try this out.
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gretchen!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!

Ugh, I'm really losing motivation with the 17DD! Can anyone offer encouragement to me, please? :cry:

I had a great loss, but I'm worried I won't be able to get lower that where I am now weight-wise, and pass into LOWER WEIGHT EVER territory! I don't want to be at this weight forever!! I'm sick of the high 170's!! :sad:
  • LaLainya
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!

Ugh, I'm really losing motivation with the 17DD! Can anyone offer encouragement to me, please? :cry:

I had a great loss, but I'm worried I won't be able to get lower that where I am now weight-wise, and pass into LOWER WEIGHT EVER territory! I don't want to be at this weight forever!! I'm sick of the high 170's!! :sad:

You can do it! I know it is hard when you get stuck for awhile but your persistance will pay off!