What's the strangest/grossest thing you've eaten

Options

Replies

• kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG... I'm one of the "most" Americans who's a big baby when it comes to food. I would gag on most of the stuff you all listed before I even picked it up. I definately wouldn't do well on Fear Factor or Survivor! For me, the strangest was frog legs my parents made me try as a kid.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    a stale Cheerio that was covered in my toddler's spit & snot that he shoved in my mouth before I could stop him

DING DING DING DING DING.... WE HAVE A WINNER!

Seriously this made me snort I laughed so loud!

:drinker:

Ice

*bows* thank you, thank you...

YOU WIN!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

It's times like this when I'm glad our IT Nazis don't allow us to see certain photo sites...balut is the ultimate gross-out! :sick:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    A balut egg is something i refuse to eat. They sell them at the Vietnamese market down the street. The bf ate one once, but I couldn't even watch him cook it. It wasn't as developed as the one in that gross picture, but it was still disgusting. *barf*
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a peanut that had fallen on the floor, but I was wrong. I don't think it was food.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    A balut egg is something i refuse to eat. They sell them at the Vietnamese market down the street. The bf ate one once, but I couldn't even watch him cook it. It wasn't as developed as the one in that gross picture, but it was still disgusting. *barf*
    My supervisor's experience on this exact item:
    http://tomthenurse.blogspot.com/search/label/balut
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Asians will rule the world when a famine hits.............................many will perish because they couldn't eat the "good" stuff!!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    My supervisor's experience on this exact item:
    http://tomthenurse.blogspot.com/search/label/balut

Will most definitely NOT be going over my calorie goal for today... :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL4HOxjy8vOMlACY8Y-1M1zwu1N7p6Iqil3aWMKPDKy3Frvn5Smw

YAY!
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    White chocolate covered worms, and grasshoppers... they were surprisingly delicious. I also ate some crickets seasoned with salt. Those were pretty tasty too.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    White chocolate covered worms, and grasshoppers... they were surprisingly delicious. I also ate some crickets seasoned with salt. Those were pretty tasty too.

White chocolate is gross.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yum! Cow's tongue makes awesome tacos! :)

I've had Rocky Mountain oysters (where i come from they're bull testicles); cow brains, hog head (my gramma used hog head to make tamales); rattlesnake; and of course organ meat (kidneys, heart, liver)

My dad didn't believe in wasting ANYTHING, (he was an avid hunter)
    It's sad how much is wasted, really. Americans are big babies. "Ewwww. I can't eat that! There's a bone in it."

Really? Did you just stereotype billions of people as if they were one. Nice! And not at all ridiculous.

There are 'billions' of Americans now? When did this happen?

Aren't there? Hmm, I really had no idea how many there were. But if it's only a few hundred million then lumping everyone together seems completely sensible.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    a dollar bill with 4 small things of butter.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Aren't there? Hmm, I really had no idea how many there were. But if it's only a few hundred million then lumping everyone together seems completely sensible.
    I made a generalization. Get over it. At least I don't spout of false statistics.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I made a generalization. Get over it. At least I don't spout of false statistics.

Was that a statistic? I'm 85.6% sure that 67.8% of the people making above the 50% poverty income level would disagree. Besides, 49.2% of statistics are 34% incorrect.
  • bcattoes
    Options

White chocolate is gross.

What chocolate is an oxymoron!
  • olivier44
    Options
    Snail and frog 20 years ago. I don't know if I could do it again?
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Pickled herring...I seriously gagged thinking about it...Oh and pickled pig's feet! My dad loves pickled things.