What's the strangest/grossest thing you've eaten

Options

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I don't eat gross crap....
    Thanks for your valuable contribution.

I mean seriously. If it's gross-WHY EAT IT?

Duh.

"Bragging rights" are not worth it. Sorry.

What if there's money involved? :smile:

Still a no. Not worth it to me. I don't care how much money. *shudder*

What if it was a matter of survival?

Speaking for myself, as a child we were not allowed to be picky. We were always thankful for whatever was on the table for dinner.

You'd be surprised at how yummy liver & onions or wild rabbit sounds when you don't have much else to pick from...
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Cow tongue, fries, and heart. Some form of sausage involving pig's blood.Several forms of octopus and squid. And probably whatever I ate when I studied in Mexico because I had no idea what it was half the time. Ignorance may be bliss.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Chicken Gizzards. Battered and fried...they actually werent bad...would I eat a plateful? no..but I wouldnt mind a handful every once in a great while.

I forgot all about chicken gizzards! LOL
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Chicken Gizzards. Battered and fried...they actually werent bad...would I eat a plateful? no..but I wouldnt mind a handful every once in a great while.

I never did but father would always eat the gizzard from a chicken he butchered.
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Cat puke, by accident. Reheated with the rest of my lunch.
  • shoshi68
    Options
    I did eat alligator once. Nothing special.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

What if it was a matter of survival?

Speaking for myself, as a child we were not allowed to be picky. We were always thankful for whatever was on the table for dinner.

You'd be surprised at how yummy liver & onions or wild rabbit sounds when you don't have much else to pick from...

That was the thing here on the farm,you ate what you produced and bought little because there was no money for it.
    Potatoes were an every meal as was a chunk of meat of some variety,it was just life and you accepted it or whined and went hungry.
  • shoshi68
    Options
    Oh, and I will definitely be eating Cuy (guinea pig) when I am in Peru.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm an American...from the United States. ;) I have had lengua con arroz(cows tongue and rice), squirrel stew, kangaroo roast, chocolate chip cricket cookies, meal worm peach chutney, turkey giblets, boudain. I've sucked a crawfish (crayfish, crawdad) head too. So Mr. Ethnocentristic that is hating on my people. a big :p to you!!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Cat puke, by accident. Reheated with the rest of my lunch.

LOL!!! Gross....
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I was little, my older brothers cooked a garter snake for me out in the cow pasture...
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Not to let my daughters chocolate milk go to waste, I proceeded to drink it, except when I got to the bottom I found that she had sneezed in it....bloody snot :'(
    My kids still tease me about that yrs later!!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Not to let my daughters chocolate milk go to waste, I proceeded to drink it, except when I got to the bottom I found that she had sneezed in it....bloody snot :'(

I almost gagged.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    One of those fat, green caterpillars. Mistakenly thought my 4-yr old nephew would forget about my promise that I'd eat it AFTER he was done playing with it. An hour later he came back & said OK, I'm done playing with it. Couldn't let him down :sick:
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I will definitely be eating Cuy (guinea pig) when I am in Peru.
    I just ate Peruvian food yesterday. it was really delicious. Although, no guinea pigs were consumed. Have a great trip! Consider me jealous.
    One of those fat, green caterpillars. Mistakenly thought my 4-yr old nephew would forget about my promise that I'd eat it AFTER he was done playing with it. An hour later he came back & said OK, I'm done playing with it. Couldn't let him down :sick:
    I bet he loved that. ha! What a good uncle.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    vietnamese house special pho. it had tripe, squid tentacles, fish balls, pork skin, and probably some other stuff. i love sweatbreads and tongue, but those aren't strange or gross.
  • dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

This so sucks. I am sorry!

Rattlesnake and Rocky Mountain Oysters.
  • reike76
    reike76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    colostrum from a cow. It is heated up till thickened and then eaten like a pudding.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I ate caterpillar larvae once. It used to be a popular snack in Korea. :noway:
    My boyfriend had that when he was working in Korea. Only it was silkworm larvae. He said it tasted kind of like chestnuts.

Yes, come to think of it, it might have been silkworm. But at this point, it's a minor technicality. Larvae is a larvae. :laugh: And to me it tasted like "yuck!". :sick:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    tripe and turtle soup.

The texture of tripe makes me gag, and I didnt know the soup was turtle soup till afterwards D=