Guess who I saw yesterday!!

Replies

• januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    That could have been me on my bike a few months ago, I am so glad I kept going and so glad you are continuing on your journey too and good luck to all the sweaty hardworking people on bikes everywhere. :drinker: cheers to you
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    What a great post. That's a NSV for you I'd say!

Okay I give up, I have yet to find a dictionary on this site so I have to ask, whats "NSV"??
    Non Scale Victory
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Oh, I loved this!

I definitely find myself getting more inspired by bigger people or novices out exercising than totally fit ones.

It takes a lot of heart and determination to get up and finally DO IT. We all know that!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    What a great post. That's a NSV for you I'd say!

Okay I give up, I have yet to find a dictionary on this site so I have to ask, whats "NSV"??

NSV = Non Scale Victory
    LOL punch buggy:)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    What a great post!!! This gave me goosebumps.

Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    You are a beautiful person, thank you for the positivity!!! It spreads!!
  • :happy:
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Love this!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    You, my dear, are awesome. Thank you.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    LOVE THIS!!!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Amazing! Thanks for this!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    I was totally waiting for this story to end up with you both fighting in the street, making your way to a pawn shop, where the pawn shop owner locks the door, calls Zed and you describe meeting The Gimp.

Your version is way nicer.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    This is just fabulous...which is why I love this site so much :)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    :heart:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    This made me tear up a bit.
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Sooo true!! Whenever I see people making an effort to get healthy now, I smile at them or silently cheer them on so because I know I'm like them too!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I think the same thing everytime I see someone exercising. I want to yell out the window but feel like a fool. I just think good for you. :glasses:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    :smile:
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    This is so great! Don't you just love it when you see something that not only reminds you how far you've come, but let's you know that someone else is on their way to reaping the same rewards you have by changing her lifestyle?

Seeing a heavyset woman jogging on the treadmill at my gym over a year ago was what made me believe I might be able to do it too even at 300+ lbs, & I tried it the very next day. My biggest regret was that I didn't make a point to remember her face so I could thank her for that. Since then, every time I get an opportunity to say something like that to someone I jump on it! I've been taken by surprise more than once hearing someone tell me something I said or did made a difference for them.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    This was one of the best stories I have read recently!! Thanks for sharing!!