Do you drink alcohol?

Options

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Options
    I actually like the taste of beer and wine and more. But I dont like how I feel after I drink, even after just 1 drink. So I dont drink. Havent in years. Never will drink and drive. :noway:
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yup, because I'm 21. Other than that its' fun, my group of friends do a lot, and I want to get it all out before I have kids. Some may think these are lame reasons but they are good for me :)

I only drink of Friday's and Saturday's now, I use to every other day, then stop for a couple of weeks, and start again.

My favorite liquor is tequila ((obviously)) lol. I started using these zero calorie margarita mixers that are Amazzzzinggg!
    Another way to cut calories is to drink light beers, wines, and use diet soda's as mixers. When I take shots I use water to chase it with.

Another reason would be the flavor. Beer and wines can pair great with bbq, wings, cheeses, ect. I really do enjoy the flavor with a light buzz if I'm not trying to get drunk. Once again, Friday and Saturday nights only.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I drink but I have cut down a lot (from 6-7 days a week to 1-3). I just like alcohol.
  • timk86
    timk86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, mostly beer. Good beer. The kind that is generally a bit higher in carbs and calories. Maybe once a week and generally related to sports. If I know I'm going to drink more than normal (tailgating) I go with Guinness. Don't laugh, it's low in alcohol and about the same in calories and carbs than crap Bud. Bourbon and scotch on the rocks, too. Mixers don't mix well for calories. Plus, why hide the taste of a good bourbon.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm not a routine drinker. If I'm celebrating something or out with friends I may have a couple, but I don't keep it in my house.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I drink wine most weekends. It makes me happy :bigsmile:
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If so, why? If not, why not?

Just wondering, as I am considering going tee-total for a number of reasons, mostly health/diet related. (I'm not an alcoholic) So do you drink? What are your motivating factors for drinking/not drinking?

No judgement either way :)

edith xx

Let's see, alcohol contains 7-calories per gram. Depending on what alcohol you drink. You can still manage to keep it within your daily calorie consumption for the day. Low calorie alcohol are obviously the Lights. And liquor like whiskeys, rum, tequila, vodka. Tend to have calories between 60-80 calories per shot(1.5oz) of a 40 proof bottle. If I do go drink it's usually just any vodka shot with diet soda. And you still manage to only consume under 80 calories per serving.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love Guinness. Occasionally I'll have a drink, but that's like once a month, if not less. It is difficult to justify the calories in my head, but I figure as long as I'm not at it all the time, I'm alright.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do socially when I'm out with friends....haven't had anything in at least 3 months. I'm a pretty light drinker and can get tipsy from 1-2 drinks. But since I've been watching calories it will be a rare occasion from now on.
  • Kristimcb
    Options
    If so, why? If not, why not?

Just wondering, as I am considering going tee-total for a number of reasons, mostly health/diet related. (I'm not an alcoholic) So do you drink? What are your motivating factors for drinking/not drinking?

No judgement either way :)

edith xx

One glass of a good, sweet cold red berry wine...just one for the heart.
  • Kristimcb
    Options
    I have always loved to drive, so I dont drink and drive....but if I am somewhere were I know I can stay...I will have a few beers (Victorias) or wine (Moscato)....but this doesnt happen very often...and I wasn't a fan of beer until I had my first Victoria :wink:

drinking and driving is bad bad bad! excellent choice to make. i haven't owned a car in a decade. i love being a non-driver!

Non-driver...after my errands today, I'm thinking of parking the van and traveling on bicycle!
  • jollyholly1024
    jollyholly1024 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do drink, once a week sometimes once every two weeks. I always incorporate the calories and try to watch the caloric intake from food if I know I am going to go out drinking. We can not live our lives by not living if you want to drink, drink just watch what you are drinking and how much. If you do not want to drink don't. :smile:
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sure do, it's an part of my 8 glasses/day, isn't that where we count that?
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    No.

My dad is an alcoholic and my fiance is a (recently) recovering alcoholic. I've seen what it can do to people and while I don't feel I have a problem with alcohol I don't ever want to be in the position where it could become a problem (not just over drinking, just drinking&driving, bad choices in general).
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I will have a drink now and then. Sometimes I will pop a beer with my husband...but honestly, I don't care for beer so much so I can never finish a bottle. I will have a fru fru drink with a friend. Recently I did shots with a few friends and I felt like crap the next day. I don't think that tequila is my friend anymore. LOL.

And before I get grief on being a Christian and drinking ~ I think it is ok in moderation. I love my Jesus...and my Jesus loves me. He knows my heart. I drink only every now and then and could totally do without it..
  • Speedy89
    Options
    no...because it's literally poison.

I might have 1 beer if I'm out with coworkers/friends, so I don't look like a square, but I usually nurse it for about 4 hours, and in most cases finish less than half of it.

Also, even if I have one drink, my mood is noticeably different the day after...I researched this, apparently it's because it gets rid of a lot of the EPA fats in your brain, depressing your mood.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I love a glass of red wine a few nights a week. I always account for it in my calorie intake. Red wine and chocolate - two things I refuse to give up but won't allow to control me either! In past diet attempts, I went full speed ahead and then crashed into a brick wall. I needed to learn that everything in moderation is ok. For me, wine and chocolate aren't derailing my efforts because I don't overdo it. If I gave up everything I enjoyed then I would fail.

Ditto here!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    socially, maybe a couple times a week. i like beer, that's why!
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Beer is like water or milk or Coke to me - just another beverage. I used to think nothing of ordering a beer during a work lunch like anybody else would order iced tea. Beer is a healthful food as long as you don't overdue it.

I'm not drinking much while dieting hard, of course, but one of the things I'm looking forward to when I get to maintenance is putting some beer back in my diet.

Not a big fan of wine, but I like most spirits except tequila. If I'm drinking cocktails, though, it's with a purpose - to relax after a workday, or hanging out with friends. I don't drink spirits as an everyday beverage.
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mum was Irish, Dad French so yes I still drink! I don't care for the tastes of hard spirits, but I'll have a couple glasses of red wine when we go out to eat. And I have to have a shandy once in a while, even though I'm not a pint drinker as a rule.