Braless at the gym...

Options

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ...and she's not in pain? I would die without my sports bra...and mine are small (correction, smallER since I started MFP, self-flattering never hurt anyone)!
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ...and she's not in pain? I would die without my sports bra...and mine are small (correction, smallER since I started MFP, self-flattering never hurt anyone)!

did this double post? oops!
  • gayewin
    Options
    I don't go to the gym to judge or be judged by others. My mantra is, "Mind your manners and your business". If I don't like what I see I stop looking.
  • andrewrose
    Options
    You say 50 like it's a bad thing. She's in the gym. Bra or no bra she's not sitting at home on the couch, eating bon bons, and watching Maury.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Its whatever she's most comfortable with. If she doesn't mind the girls flopping then flop away. They're her boobies, she can do what she wants with them.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    There are instances where this can be a good or a bad thing.
    Good: You're on one of those curling machines - instead of having them smooshed between you and the bar, you just drape them over while doing your workout.
    Bad: On the treadmill - you're on the upswing and everything's fine and dandy and then WHAM you've slammed down on the emergency stop, catapulting you to the floor.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    As long as she is covered up and she is okay with how she looks, I don't think the probelm is hers. We can't all be firm, fit and fabulous forever. It may not be the most attractive to some and it might not fit the normal fashion at the gym, but maybe she's just there to work out and isn't trying to impress anyone with her fashion sense.
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I would be too afraid of getting a nipple caught in something.

Ha!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Probably a bit romanticized, but I pictured Bo Derrick from 10 just now

3gZ3w.jpg
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    eeewwwwww!!!!:sick: :huh: :embarassed: :indifferent:
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    There is a 50 year old lady at my gym who does this... on machines. I say ewwww! Thoughts?

Normally I would be all for this, but I think at age 50 more ladies are not equiped for it anymore.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

hmmm ummm ehhhh how big are your nipples??????????>
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    As long as she is wearing a shirt then....eh, whatever. It is her loss when it come to her boobs sagging. It's not hurting anyone but herself and well...you don't have to look.

I agree.

I agree also.

And I have been researching the whole bra wearing thing after my Gynecologist recommended going without a bra to allow for the fluids in the lymph nodes to flow and release toxins.

There is increasing evidence that wearing a bra actually causes our breasts to sag faster due to not having muscle tone to allow our bodies to hold our own so to speak.

I am slowly but surely getting away from wearing bras.

http://www.breastnotes.com/aware/aware-bra.htm

Small excerpt from the above listed site:
    So, just what is a bra SUPPOSED to do for us? We have been told that a bra offers several advantages to us if we wear one. We are told that comfort is derived from the support of the breasts which is offered as one purpose for wearing a bra. Women are told that "unsupported breasts will pull on internal components of their breasts and that will be painful." If she is not used to having her breasts unsupported, then there will be some pain, until she "trains" the internal structure of her breasts to support the weight. Breast support comes from the suspensory (Cooper's) ligaments and connective tissues that pull inward from the inside of the skin of the breast. There is some support gained from the skin on the outside of the breasts, but that skin tends to yield to pressure from the weight of the breasts, and the skin will increase in size accordingly. The ligaments are the major source of natural breast support. Some ligaments and connective tissues are actually formed like a basket (or like a brassiere) inside of the breast, to cradle the interior of the breast and support it. If a woman always wears a bra, the constant, unnatural, external support from the bra will allow the Cooper's ligaments to atrophy and weaken. If the ligaments and connective tissues are allowed to weaken (from the lack of use), those ligaments and their anchoring points will become sore when they are required to fulfill their designed purpose of supporting the breast when the bra is removed. Women that have never worn a bra or spend adequate time without one on, do not have the pain mentioned above, because their ligaments are stronger, or were allowed to develop at puberty without a training bra, and are up to the task of supporting the breast.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    it's no different then people going to the grocery store in their pjs...not the most appropriate thing IMO, but also not my business!

I agree with the PJ's thing - I think that is just sloppy and trashy.

However, how is not wearing a bra inappropriate?
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    All together now!!

Do ya boobs hang low,
    do they wobble two and fro
    Can you tie them in a knot
    Can you tie them in a bow
    Can you throw them o'er your shoulder like a continental soldier
    Do your boobs......hang........low!!!

xx
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    There is a 50 year old lady at my gym who does this... on machines. I say ewwww! Thoughts?
    GIGGITY
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with some of you. Not everyone has big enough boobs that they flop at the gym. Personally, I have more issues with the belly flopping then I do anything else.

And I have to ask why were you checking her out enough to notice she wasn't wearing one?

can't say i've ever looked at anyone in the gym long enough to see if they're wearing undergarments or not. there may be a few of the male type I wouldn't mine seeing without them, but that's an entirely different matter
  • chocolatefairey
    Options

OUCH!!!!! Tears to the eyes!
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    All together now!!

Do ya boobs hang low,
    do they wobble two and fro
    Can you tie them in a knot
    Can you tie them in a bow
    Can you throw them o'er your shoulder like a continental soldier
    Do your boobs......hang........low!!!

xx

Excellent! I have never heard this before! :)
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't know how she does it.. ouch! I wear two when I work out personally. I'd give her one of mine, but I need them both!

To each her own I guess- I'm just not into pain! :-P