Opinions on my diary

Options
13»

Replies

• brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on taking the first step! I think you need to do some research, or even better, see a dietician or nutritionist. It will give you confidence in your food choices (i.e. a little bit of fat is a good thing - you should not feel gulty about 1 piece of cheese!) Every body is different so you will get a LOT of conflicting advice on here. A dietician can set you up a meal plan especially for you, and once you've gotten used to it and found what works for you, you will be more comfortable making your own choices. Feel free to add me so you can check out my diary too. Good luck! :happy:
  • TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You are eating way too little. You shouldn't eat less than 1200/day under no circumstances.
    Other than this, I like your carb-count, but you are not eating enough protein. And this is what's keeping you satiated, lessens your cravings and prevents you to lose the muscle along with the fat. And you don't want that.
    So: eat more, especially protein. And try to exercise more, if possible - this implies eating even more (like around 200 cals extra, not the entire exercised calories).

Thanks.... I will def keep that in mind. Do you think a protein smootie is an ok breakfast?

I think that a protein shake for breakfast is way better than just a coffee - plus it will bring you lots of protein in less than 150 cals. I try to get my protein from food, but I'm seriously thinking in buying some protein powder for "emergencies'', when I have an empty fridge or for fast post-workout protein.

Thanks. I will check into some protein powders. Smoothie King has a new Lean one.... Its about $50 for a 2-4 week supply. I am going to compare their's to some cheaper brands.
  • TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on taking the first step! I think you need to do some research, or even better, see a dietician or nutritionist. It will give you confidence in your food choices (i.e. a little bit of fat is a good thing - you should not feel gulty about 1 piece of cheese!) Every body is different so you will get a LOT of conflicting advice on here. A dietician can set you up a meal plan especially for you, and once you've gotten used to it and found what works for you, you will be more comfortable making your own choices. Feel free to add me so you can check out my diary too. Good luck! :happy:

Thanks for the advice.... I am going to have to look into that. I have a few books on weight loss but they can be quite confusing. I will look into the nutritionist thing. Thanks a bunch!