The 3 real reasons you’re still out of shape

Options
124»

Replies

• yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Why does someone need to take a kinesiology class or get a personal training certificate in order to get into shape? Do you need to be a plumber to succeed at taking a shower??

Ha ha. I am not out of shape, stinker.

blessings.

OP i agree with everything, the reason I am losing weight so slowly is because I am not exercising, but I agree with this post too, you don't have to be a certified personal trainer to know how to exercise. Otherwise everything you said made complete sense!
  • keinanbriggs
    Options
    Number 2: You don’t now a lick about how to properly workout!

Let me ask you, how many hours have you spent in a kinesiology class and/or spent getting a fitness training certification? If your answer is little to none, you can’t expect to succeed.

LOL What a load of BS. I've never taken a kinesiology or any other type of "fitness training" and I've already succeeded. In fact, I've been in shape for most of my 50 years. You don't need a degree to get yourself in shape, you just need to get up off your *kitten* and move! It's not rocket science.

Congrats! Please share your secret to the other 307,006,549 people who live the US so we can stop dying of preventable healthy issuse created by obesity.
  • keinanbriggs
    Options
    I, personally, would take expert opinions much more seriously if they were expressed using proper spelling and grammar. But that's just me.

True... sorry.. I need to get a spell checker app on my phone asap.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Please share your secret to the other 307,006,549 people who live the US so we can stop dying of preventable healthy issuse created by obesity.

We're doing it. We use this site, log our food and move our bodies. That's it. We really DON'T need a degree in kinesiology. Most people don't lose their weight this way, they do HCG, Jenny Craig, Slim Fast. I can see why 95% of them regain some weight. But it is beyond ridiculous for you to continue to suggest that none of us will be able to get our weight off without a kinesiology degree or personal training certification.
  • keinanbriggs
    Options
    I don't think you need to take kinisiology classes to get fit either.

But I don't know if she meant it as a "you can't be fit without taking classes"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I got out of it is that if you take two identicle people with the same motives, put one through kinisiology courses and one doesn't, who has the best tools/resources/knowledge behind them to succeed?

If I take my same desire to be fit, my same motivation, same drive to succeed, and just add a lot more knowledge behind it, doesn't common sense dictate that they would be more successful then before?

Success! Thank you for being on the same page as me.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Number 2: You don’t now a lick about how to properly workout!

Let me ask you, how many hours have you spent in a kinesiology class and/or spent getting a fitness training certification? If your answer is little to none, you can’t expect to succeed.

LOL What a load of BS. I've never taken a kinesiology or any other type of "fitness training" and I've already succeeded. In fact, I've been in shape for most of my 50 years. You don't need a degree to get yourself in shape, you just need to get up off your *kitten* and move! It's not rocket science.

I think he just did - he said "you just need to get up off your *kitten* and move!".