What keeps you motivated on the bad days?

Options
124»

Replies

• ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    When I don't feel like exercising, I just tell myself to give it my ALL for 10 minutes and then if I still don't feel up to it I can stop. I've never had to stop. :happy:

I wish I had that kind of motivation. I'm going to the gym tonight but I don't really want to
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yesterday was one of those days.. i just got dressed, cursing the whole time, and told myself when i don't feel it, just do 20 minutes.. and it was hard, i wanted to quit at 7min, 10 min, 14 min, but i did finish it. and then did 3 leg weight machines.. doing that yesterday created a momentum, which made the 40 minutes on the ellipticalfor today so much BETTER!
    :heart:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    yesterday was one of those days.. i just got dressed, cursing the whole time, and told myself when i don't feel it, just do 20 minutes.. and it was hard, i wanted to quit at 7min, 10 min, 14 min, but i did finish it. and then did 3 leg weight machines.. doing that yesterday created a momentum, which made the 40 minutes on the ellipticalfor today so much BETTER!
    :heart:
    Good for you. I gotta snap out of this
  • normsch
    normsch Posts: 34
    Options
    The word Diabetes that my doctor said in June. I heard that and lost 10 lbs. the first week.
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Looking at the shape that my dad is in now. Remembering what diseases run in my family and if I do not do what I need to do, I may end up with them. People looking at me, saying discouraging things about me. How I feel from not working out, I tend to feel crappy until I do go workout.

Mostly me looking at myself in the mirror and not liking what I see and my desire to look better.
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My picture from Prom in 2003...funny that I thought I was so fat then! Can;t wait to get back there!

Nicole-fireplace.jpg
  • DinoDecoy
    DinoDecoy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What picks me back up are all the support I have from friends, especially my ex.
    Other than that it's seeing all those healthy skinny girls at school looking extra cute; I need to look that good!
  • krlong6
    krlong6 Posts: 30
    Options
    The MIRROR!

Yes!! I am my own worst critic. I see myself in the mirror, realize that half my jeans in my closet don't fit anymore and the motivation sets in. There's always the factor of looking oh-so-much better than the ex wife of my boyfriend.. Bahahaha... :)
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    my friends on MFP and getting back to feeling good!